I need to be on this thread

emicakess

Reaction score
I need to get off of the pregnancy test threads and get on WTT! Lol! Its killin me! We were NTNP the past two months but this month we are WTT because i want to avoid an august due date since DDs birthday is August 4th. Next month we may NTNP again, and January we will TTC. I am getting nervous about timing. My work was generous enough to give me 15 months off, and I've just went back to work this week. Now i want to get pregnant again! Also my boss is planning on making me the kindergaten teacher in September. She knows we are TTC and is happy for us. But i will definitely need to come back to work much sooner next time, being the kindergarten teacher. I feel like it is going to be a lot of pressure. I feel like it's going to be a lot. Breastfeeding, adjusting to life with a new baby, and starting my new class. Im nervous.. but i really want a small age gap (under 3).

I hear you! We're ttc this month but will prevent next month (if I'm not pregnant) to avoid a due date that falls on my eldest' birthday and first day of school. I'm pretty busy with work atm and could really use some time to get my career on track. But I'm also worried about age gaps and in an ideal world, I would have had this baby already. :haha: So I get the pressure. I'm trying to console myself with the thought that I'll never regret having my babies and things will only be manic for a year or two. Work seems important now but another couple of years of not giving it my full attention won't make a big difference in the long run.
Anyway, I'm in the tww just now but may well be back here for a while from next week. Would love to hear how you get on! Will you be trying over Christmas?

We are back over here after trying since mirena removal and my cycles kept getting really long. I am not worried about the age gap but I am anxious to get pregnant so the sooner I can start my career. I will have my bachelors done in May and want to start work once the new baby turns 1. DH is pretty excited to have two incomes coming in once that happens. But have to take birth control pills to sort out the hormones. With DS did the same and got pregnant right away.

Hi!
Aah, hormones. :-( How long are you on birth control for?
I see you're in Germany. Are you from there? Lovely place to be in December. :)

And do you have any plans for work after baby yet? I'm in the last few months of my postgrad degree so won't be applying for a job until after this next (last!) baby either. I'm a bit nervous that applying for my first real job in my field straight off may leave (officially: unemployment) isn't a great position to be in but we really don't want to wait until I've found a job and worked there for a while because our age gaps are getting so big already.

I hear you, we won't be trying till this time in 2 years :( Sucks but then I think it's almost 2 years since I fell pregnant with my son and that's flown by :)

I hear you! We're ttc this month but will prevent next month (if I'm not pregnant) to avoid a due date that falls on my eldest' birthday and first day of school. I'm pretty busy with work atm and could really use some time to get my career on track. But I'm also worried about age gaps and in an ideal world, I would have had this baby already. :haha: So I get the pressure. I'm trying to console myself with the thought that I'll never regret having my babies and things will only be manic for a year or two. Work seems important now but another couple of years of not giving it my full attention won't make a big difference in the long run.
Anyway, I'm in the tww just now but may well be back here for a while from next week. Would love to hear how you get on! Will you be trying over Christmas?
Omg thank you for understand the avoiding August! Everyone I talk to says we shouldn't skip a month because who knows how long it will take to fall pregnant. Well my OH and I are young, and we are starting for #2 pretty early so I dont see a reason why we couldnt avoid an august due date lol. You are so right about work seeming important now but in the long run family is what matters. This is also the first job i have ever had where my work is appreciated and i feel needed.. so i should give myself some credit and just not feel bad about taking another maternity leave. I just feel like my coworkers and the kids parents are going to wonder "didnt she just get back from a maternity leave??" Lol but i work with parents who many of them have 2 children 2-3 years apart so they must be understanding?

Anyway im so nervous about what others think, i should get over it lol. I am more nervous about timing. The current kindergaten teacher is retiring at the end of the school year (august 2016) and my boss wants me to take her place. Well if we get pregnant December /January (due date in Sept/Oct) then that would put me out from the beginning of the school year until about December, and thats if baby has no medical issues etc. So someone would have to start my classroom off for the year. I will have to do some serious coordinating with that person to make a smooth transition for when I come back from maternity leave. Children need consistency.
On top of all of it OH wants me to stay home with baby #2 for a year like DD! Which i would love to but i think I would be forfeiting the teacher position if I do that, as well as possibly forfeiting my job if they dont want to give me a maternity leave that long again.

I mean no matter what happens, it will work out.

Sorry i just have all these thoughts going on in my head, i needed to get them out lol

ETA I also had this thought, and I am going to bring it up with my boss. Class time at my work is from 9-13. If I could work part time, like 8-12, after a 3 month maternity leave, I think I could do that. I wouldnt even need to pump in that amount of time (right?)

^ that was a quote from Amy, but its for everyone to read!

Vicky you are so right! Days are long but months and years fly by

Hi!
Aah, hormones. :-( How long are you on birth control for?
I see you're in Germany. Are you from there? Lovely place to be in December. :)

And do you have any plans for work after baby yet? I'm in the last few months of my postgrad degree so won't be applying for a job until after this next (last!) baby either. I'm a bit nervous that applying for my first real job in my field straight off may leave (officially: unemployment) isn't a great position to be in but we really don't want to wait until I've found a job and worked there for a while because our age gaps are getting so big already.

We are living in Germany because we are stationed here because of the Army. But I do plan to have my first long term job once our second turns one. It isn't bothering us right now but we have very expensive taste. Haha. I will be completed with my bachelors in May. We will be ready to try again in under 7 weeks. Which I think its around christmas time. I honestly think my body was trying to ovulate but the egg was coming out because my ovulation pains had me in bed and sore for a few days which never happened before. I am hoping this works. My PCM told me it usually works and this is what they do all the time to get women's cycles under control

Omg thank you for understand the avoiding August! Everyone I talk to says we shouldn't skip a month because who knows how long it will take to fall pregnant. Well my OH and I are young, and we are starting for #2 pretty early so I dont see a reason why we couldnt avoid an august due date lol. You are so right about work seeming important now but in the long run family is what matters. This is also the first job i have ever had where my work is appreciated and i feel needed.. so i should give myself some credit and just not feel bad about taking another maternity leave. I just feel like my coworkers and the kids parents are going to wonder "didnt she just get back from a maternity leave??" Lol but i work with parents who many of them have 2 children 2-3 years apart so they must be understanding?

Anyway im so nervous about what others think, i should get over it lol. I am more nervous about timing. The current kindergaten teacher is retiring at the end of the school year (august 2016) and my boss wants me to take her place. Well if we get pregnant December /January (due date in Sept/Oct) then that would put me out from the beginning of the school year until about December, and thats if baby has no medical issues etc. So someone would have to start my classroom off for the year. I will have to do some serious coordinating with that person to make a smooth transition for when I come back from maternity leave. Children need consistency.
On top of all of it OH wants me to stay home with baby #2 for a year like DD! Which i would love to but i think I would be forfeiting the teacher position if I do that, as well as possibly forfeiting my job if they dont want to give me a maternity leave that long again.

I mean no matter what happens, it will work out.

Sorry i just have all these thoughts going on in my head, i needed to get them out lol

ETA I also had this thought, and I am going to bring it up with my boss. Class time at my work is from 9-13. If I could work part time, like 8-12, after a 3 month maternity leave, I think I could do that. I wouldnt even need to pump in that amount of time (right?)

That is understandable with waiting. I would have too. Be open with your boss to see what idea she has. Open communication would be the best route and then you can better plan things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->