i need to share

Gemma Simone

Reaction score
I need to share as I'm really confused and OH doesn't want to talk about it one bit.

I m/c last month after 5weeks and we started trying straight away. I'd heard that your period can be up to 6 weeks later after a m/c so I was doing temperatures to try and gauge when i might ovulate. well temps have not been very useful so on a whim I did a pregnancy test just now using one of wobbles cheapies as I realised it had been a month since the m/c. So I thought its possible but not really expecting anything. It came up with a BFP. I told OH and he isn't even believing it for a second. He said its probably my hormones playing up and that the tests are rubbish anyway and not to test again for 2 weeks. We don't want to get our hopes up after last time but I'm pretty sure its rare to get a false positive.

I haven't had a single symptom either. I did dream I got a BFP last night though which is wierd.

Hey Gemma,
Have you seen your dr? I have heard other women say that BFPs have shown up not long after m/c and it has been hormone related but i'm not dr so couldn't really say - i'd definately ask for advice though!
I hope its not and it's a bfp for you x

I thought of that but its been a month since the mc and it was a very early mc. I tested quite a few times with the same type of test a week or so after the mc and the test was completely negative

in that case it sounds a lot more positive then. i'd go to the dr and get tested there you'll have a definte answer sooner that way!
Fingers crossed for you hun x x

thanks for the advice. i think i'll leave it a few days before going to the doctors though. as last time I went all excited at the end of work on a monday and was back into see him on the tuesday morning as had started bleeding. shouldn't really be embarrassed but I was.

Sounds to me like a bfp too but i also feel like I just read a story much like this one, think it was JuBubbs and I'm gonna go try to find it for ya....be right back...

https://www.babyandbump.com/cycle-buddies/55107-anyone-cd-1-today-sept-10th-9.html

check out Jububbs story, seems like it starts around pg 9, but not certain...she had MC, had plenty of bfn's then I believe she started getting bfp's....

YAY - sounds positive! Keep testing hun! x x

Oh hun... so sorry for your loss... I understand. Hoping you are pg again though, but see a GP, get yourself checked, especially after m/c. Other half will find it difficult to believe... He is clearly still grieving and it will be easier to believe you are not pregnant than if you are and him end up hurt all over again... My other half was much less able to deal with our m/c than I was.

You are in my thoughts... wishing you BFP hun xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/cycle-buddies/55107-anyone-cd-1-today-sept-10th-9.html

check out Jububbs story, seems like it starts around pg 9, but not certain...she had MC, had plenty of bfn's then I believe she started getting bfp's....

i just read jububbs message but I think shes talking about positive opk tests rather than pregnancy tests. think I will leave it for a few days and test again or maybe leave it for a few weeks like OH said. thanks for your replies xx

thanks for your message leanne. sorry to hear about your mc too.

i'll definately go to the doctor in a few weeks

hey good luck hope its a real bfp cant imagine it wud be ur hormones if u did tests after and they were neg...dont forget they say after a m/c u can be very very fertile so it cud wel be hun good luck xxx

no hun ju-bubbs test were pos hpt hun, honest shes had 2 chemicals in the pass 2mth :( ,ut not sure that she got neg hpt...think she started testing after O but it was her hormones, i wish ju-bubbs the VERY best of luck:)

but i think if uv ad neg hpt since the mc ,then think uv defo got bfp there hun,wish u lots of sticky babydust...when i had mc in mar08, my dh was really funny bout it,think fellas dont wonna get there hopes up again after a mc,and most find it hard2talk etc, sure he'll be fine soon hun,and best of luck :)

Sounds to me like a BFP. Did you have any blood work taken to make sure that your levels went back down below 5 after your miscarriage? When I had mine, my doctor insisted on me coming back a couple times to give blood until my levels dropped again. I would think after a month (and a few negative tests) that you're truly pregnant again. Congratulations!

thanks guys. i hope so too. my doctor was a bit rubbish and laid back about the whole thing. no blood works or anything! and no scan as was 5.5 weeks and therefore too early.

I had a Missed mC and the test showed up positive until about a week after I had a D&C, then my tests were negative. I think that if you got a negative test sometime after the MC then the hormones were out of your body. If the hormones had remained you would have def. gotten a positive. Good luck and I hope the little bean sticks for you, i know how you feel, I had a few mC right at 5 or 6 weeks and it seemed like i just found out then had to deal with loosing the baby. Men tend not to want to talk about it because they do not know how to handle our emotions when we get bad news, they think that if they can keep us from being too optimistic about it we won't be too let down if it is bad news, problem with that is they don't realize we still get optimistic just we tend to hold it inside for awhile. I really hope this is it.

I had a mmc in aug and was still getting :bfp: until about 5 weeks after, I have just taken af 8 weeks after, sorry not the answer you are looking for, I know everyone is different, and I hope it is a :bfp: for you, but try not to get your hopes up until you have it confirmed and good luck xxx

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in May this year and after having a negative scan at the epu they did a pregnancy test which was negative. About a week later I did my own test and it came up negative (I know it's stupid but I convinced myself I was having pregnancy symptoms). I haven't had a positive test since so it sounds like good news to me hon. Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->