i think i have a underactive thyroid :(

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
ok well i have had bloods taken today for this and some other stuff. but i have been looking it up and what the symptoms are. As i see to be really tired all the time and loads of other things on the list to.

have any of you ladies got a underactive thyroid? and what did ur doctor do o help with this??

thanks becci x

My mother and brother both suffer with an overactive thyroid and a friend at work suffers from underactive.

For all cases the doctors seek to control it through medication, either thyroxine or carbimazol (sp?) All go for regular blood tests to keep their levels checked.

The treatments vary, my mother had a radioactive treatment which worked and now she takes thyroxine for life, my brother had an operation(not the radioactive since it can make you infertile and he is only 18) to detatch his thyroid to stop it from working, and now he takes supplements for life.

My friend at work hasn't had any of these that I know of, but she gets regular calcium injections in her bum as well as taking medication :haha: (Calcium levels are also related to the thyroid, my brother had to have it in drinks to prevent any complications like fitting)

Overall as long as your bloods are checked regularly, they will trial you up and down on the doses to which will suit you and keep you awake and healthy.

Hope this helps.. sorry I babble a bit :blush:

Hi Becci_boo,

I have under active Thyroid and its controlled by medication, I take Levothyroxine 100mg a day and it made a huge difference to how I feel and although I do still feel tired and fall asleep on an evening lol I have so much more energy than before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->