I think I ovulated :D anybody wanna wait with me?

Hey ladies, been a long time, hope everyone is doing well. I just had a question for those of you who have had a MC. It has been almost exactly 6 weeks since my MC. I was rummaging through my cupboard tonight and I saw I had an unused HPT so I thought what the hell and took it fully expecting it to be negative by now. Well unexpectedly it came up positive and rather quickly and it is a very obvious positive, not a squinter at all. Looks like mine did at around 13DPO with my MC. Is it possible this is still HCG left over or could it be a new pregnancy? I am going to call my dr in the morning just to make sure everything is ok but I was wondering if any of the ladies could shed some light on the situation of how long a test will stay obviously positive after a MC.. not sure whether to be scared or excited again!

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
Hey country when was your last period and since MC have you and DH BD it could be possible that your pregnant again as soon as MC is over your HCG don't take long to return to nothing so defo go Dr's FX for you hun xx

I haven't had an actual period since I had the MC, I bled for like 3 and a half weeks afterwards so I don't know if maybe AF got just mixed in with the bleeding from the MC or not. Me and DH have BD since the MC but he has been pulling out. He hasn't finished in me since the MC because we decided we weren't going to try again. We did have one woopsie where he didn't quite get out fast enough but that was just last week. This is the only test I have taken since the MC so I don't know if it is getting lighter or not.. it just seems aweful dark for 6 weeks after.. hopefully I can see my dr tomorrow.

You would think 6 wks after hpts would be negative and you would of had another AF by now I don't want to get your hopes up but they say you can be more fertile after an MC defo go get some more hpts and do some more and go Dr's FX for you xx

Hello stranger :) mine took about 6 weeks to go back to negative. It was a pain in the bum! I brought loads of cheapies and kept testing everyday, my oh thought I was mental but I needed to know. I watched the lines get fainter and fainter and it took ages. But most people, it doesn't take long for the tests to go back to negative so I'd definitely make a appointment to see someone! Either that or take another test in a few days time and see if the lines got any darker or lighter or stayed the same. Could be one of 3 things, if the tests get darker you could be pregnant again, if it stays the same you could have some retained pregnancy tissue or if it gets lighter it could just be taking its time to get out your system. Hope your doing OK country! So glad you posted!

County- nice to see you back. I'm not sure how a miscarriage works sorry. It probably depends on how high the HCG was. I hope you find answers soon. I'm sorry you had to go through that

Hello stranger :) mine took about 6 weeks to go back to negative. It was a pain in the bum! I brought loads of cheapies and kept testing everyday, my oh thought I was mental but I needed to know. I watched the lines get fainter and fainter and it took ages. But most people, it doesn't take long for the tests to go back to negative so I'd definitely make a appointment to see someone! Either that or take another test in a few days time and see if the lines got any darker or lighter or stayed the same. Could be one of 3 things, if the tests get darker you could be pregnant again, if it stays the same you could have some retained pregnancy tissue or if it gets lighter it could just be taking its time to get out your system. Hope your doing OK country! So glad you posted!

Hey dinky! I am glad to be back.. had to take quite a lot of time off of here after the MC and everything but I am feeling better. It will be exactly 6 weeks tomorrow that the MC happened so I would think if it was on its way to negative it would be a lot lighter than what it is! I am going to go buy some more cheapies and keep testing for a few days to see what happens.. if it keeps getting darker I will call my dr. I am anxious because I have my tubal surgery scheduled for June 8th so have to figure things out before then! I am a bit nervous that I do have some retained tissue but I have had no more bleeding or cramping or any signs of retained tissue so if there is any in there it must not be much but enough to keep my levels high.. guess only time and more tests will tell!

County- nice to see you back. I'm not sure how a miscarriage works sorry. It probably depends on how high the HCG was. I hope you find answers soon. I'm sorry you had to go through that

Thanks Dtrisha, I am glad to be back. My HCG was only at about 1925 at 5 weeks so I can't imagine it was too crazy high by 6 weeks. If it goes down at the same rate as it goes up I would think it would be down to 0 by now.

Well I was 8 weeks when I had my mc so my levels would of been higher than yours, so there is every chance it could be a new pregnancy! Fingers crossed that is the case for you. Can you order any ics off the net? You can take one everyday then to check progression and won't cost much

I may order some ICs just to have them. Don't want to many though because if I'm not pregnant I am getting my tubes tied and then I will have a bunch of tests I can't use! Do they come in smaller quantities? Most of them I have seen are in like bundles of 50 or more.

Yeah you can get them in 10s or 20s, I'm sure you can even buy single ones. Is that what your surgery is for in June then? To get your tubes tied?

Yes, that's what the surgery is. We had decided we weren't going to try anymore or have anymore kids. It has been to emotional on both of us, and we were happy with our 3. Other forms of BC don't work to well for me so just figured make it permanent. If I am pregnant again it is for sure a blessing and we will be very happy of course.

Oh OK, if that's what you want then you go for it. Just make sure you are 100% happy with that decision because it's so final! I know it's hard having a mc but those feelings do ease in time and it's still so raw for you your hormones won't have had enough time to settle down yet and your emotions are probably all over the place! I know mine was but of course it's different for different people. I know after my loss I spent weeks searching for a heartbeat with the ultrasound doppler I have hoping the baby was still there even though I had a d&c and then i was desperate to be pregnant again ASAP. But now my bodies calmed down I feel I can wait a while, treat my children to a good holiday and then try again when I'm ready in both my body and my mind. Seriously though good luck to you! I hope you get what you wish for and please keep me updated on the tests you are about to be taking :)

Country you have three amazing children so if your not then everything will be good for you but if you are I guess it's fate and a sign I know after my MC I was 5+2 wen I had mine my HCG went down rapidly and my AF came within three weeks later at the usual time so it could be that you got pregnant straight after xx Goodluck and FX xx

Evening ladies, thanks for all the kind words about the surgery. I took another test tonight and it may be a smidge darker than last night. But I can't really tell. I put it next to the one from last night and its hard to tell because the one from last night is dry. I know these tests don't show progression well because they take a while to darken.. hmm.. I now I am wondering if maybe I have retained something. The line is a bit darker IRL than in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 6
I would go Dr's mommy get them to do a check when is AF due xx

Angela, I have no idea when AF is due.. its been 6 weeks since MC so I would think anytime now. Here is FMU.. I can't tell if there is a difference or no so I will be calling Dr on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg