I Think That I Am Having Twins

CS2012

Pregnant
Reaction score
I am calling my doctor on Monday telling him that I feel like I am having twins and I have researched signs I might be pregnant with twins. I found one site that has the top six signs that I might be pregnant with twins and I have all six signs.

Its usually the ones who think they are pregnant with twins are actually carrying a singleton. Twins take most mummies by complete surprise.

Congratulations on your pregnancy x

only sign i had was high beta and high progesterone. no sickness, (dunno what the signs were meant to be). only "sign" that means twins is two sacs on us.

I've actually had less morning sickness and less overall pregnancy discomforts, for the most part, than I did with either of my singletons. There really aren't any pregnancy symptoms that definitively indicate twins, except for the signs such as measuring large for GSA and then 2 sacs/fetuses. We knew there was an increased risk of multiples with fertility treatments, but I never felt like I was pregnant with twins before my first ultrasound where they saw our little girls. Frankly, I have felt better this pregnancy than with my boys for the sheer fact morning sickness hasn't led to any vomiting.:happydance: I'm not really a whole lot bigger at 18weeks than what I would've expected with a singleton being my 3rd pregnancy. Getting u/s done are fun though, so enjoy them!

Congrats on your pregnancy! :flower:

Let us know either way! I had no signs and sometimes still can believe it!!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Congratulations on your BFP!!!! That's so exciting! When I got pregnant my doctor did blood tests. My progesterone was off the charts. He strongly suspected twins, but I thought he was nuts. I had far less morning sickness than I did with my singletons. When I had my first ultrasound, he was proven correct.

Whether it be one baby or two, I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

What are these 6 signs then? I had no bloody clue LOL until the scans.

Ooh what are the six signs?

I had no idea either, no sickness or anything other than a growing bump.

Hope you get the result you want xxx

I've just looked up the top 10 it says excessive sickness, I honestly had no sickness at all apart from feeling a bit queasy brushing my teeth on a morning. I didn't have sickness with my singleton either. It also says excessive weight gain, I actually lost weight :) mainly due to the fact I stopped consuming 1 1/2 bottles of red wine every other night :)

BUT I always imagined I'd have twins...........twin boys I always thought and a little girl, well I got my little girl, and another little girl and one boy twin so two out of three wasn't a bad guess lol.

All the best I hope you get what you want, twinnies are amazing, extremely hardwork but amazing all the same :) xx

Here is the link that tells the six signs.

https://m.voices.yahoo.com/6-early-signs-twin-pregnancy-7357834.html

I had the elevated heart rate, I sometimes felt my heart was gonna burst out of my chest :) and like I said the intuition. Plus I'm over 30 aswell I think that was a factor xx

I had the elevated heart rate, I sometimes felt my heart was gonna burst out of my chest :) and like I said the intuition. Plus I'm over 30 aswell I think that was a factor xx

My heartbeat always sped up and was really noticeable by 6wks pregnant. I don't think my HR was ever under 90 with any of my pregnancies. The heart has to work harder to pump all the extra blood though. It's actually been my most annoying pregnancy symptom this go around, which all in all speaks to how easy this pregnancy has been so far.:thumbup: It's definitely been much more noticeable with the twins, as it was in my first pregnancy(multiples) that unfortunately ended in m/c. On a side note, I'm officially 2 weeks past when we lost that pregnancy.:thumbup: My hCG levels have actually been lower this time than with DS1 though, so that wasn't a good indicator for me. The only fertility aid I had for the twins was metformin to help regulate my cycles, and I don't really consider that fertility treatment and didn't increase our odds of multiples. I had no idea it was twins until our first u/s.

I was just a few weeks a month away from turning 30 when I conceived.

Congratulations!
According to these, my first was a twin pregnancy but not my second hehe.

I definitely had elevated heart rate and I was 35 when I conceived my twins.

Funny - I have none of the symptoms described and none of the higher risk factors except my age. It was certainly a shock when they found 2 at my first ultrasound.

I also have zero symptoms described - no morning sickness, no weight gain really (although my breasts are much bigger), no elevated heart rate and no real cramping.

lol i did a test online when i found out i had two in there and it told me i wasn't having twins. but it asked like 50 questions. I had a giggle at that knowing full well i had two.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
I didn't have any of those symptoms except for the intuition. I remember after I told a coworker we found out about twins she was told me 'well, you seemed to be thinking that already!'. When we saw two little sacs, I wasn't too surprised because I have a lot of twins in my biological line and hubby's family has twins, too. Strangely enough, two coworkers at my temp job had twins right before I found out, too! I guess craft stores put ovaries into overdrive!
I've had such a beautiful pregnancy so far! Very, very little sickness and still a pretty steady heart rate. Right now I feel great aside from my body adjusting to accommodate the little guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->