*Are you over 30? no, only 21

*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? No

*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? My dad is a faternal twin

*Are you African-American? no

*Are you tall and/or overweight? 5'0 and 105lbs so no

*Have you been pregnant several times before? twice but miscarriges

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping? Nope, hardly any

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate? Not that I know of

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness - Fairly awful but the same as when I was pregnant with singletons

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels? Nope, right in the normal range

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms? Nope

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition NONE

You said you ticked all 6 signs. So I'm assuming you had fertility treatment? IVF? If so, yes, you have a high chance of having conceived twins, if not then I highly doubt it. We get alot of women here who "think" they are having twins and in fact it turns out 99% of the time that it is only one baby.

Have you taken your hcg levels/ betas? That was my only indication. My hcg and progesterone were through the roof and I was told they suspected twins but I didn't believe them at all. I thought I was having one healthy little GIRL (I heard girls let off more hcg than boys). Turns out I was having a girl - x 2! My girls were conceived with the help of clomid but that's sooooooooo rare, like less than 8%. My doctor said in her 20 years of practice as a gynae/obgyn she has only ever seen 1 other woman who conceived twins on clomid.

I'll be curious to hear if you are in fact carrying multiples. Come back and let us know!

There is nothing mentioned about using fertility treatment on the six signs. I think you are wrong saying you highly doubt I am not having twins just because I got pregnant from intercourse. People can have twins from having intercourse.

Unless you use fertility treatment your chances of twins are like 1 in 90 I think. So its not that it can't happen, its just that twins aren't SUPER common. I got pregnant with my twins with just sex but it was a complete shock! Good luck when you have your ultrasound.

*Are you over 30? Nope, 27 at time of conception

*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? Nope, only went off BC three months prior

*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? Nope

*Are you African-American? Nope
*Are you tall and/or overweight? Is 5'8" considered tall? Although I have a high BMI 26

*Have you been pregnant several times before? Nope

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping Nope

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate Nope, always normal

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness - Started at 6 weeks, mine was pretty severe, I lost a bit of weight 1st tri

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels - Only time I had hCG checked it was normal for the DPO for a singleton

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms BFP a week before AF due

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition Absolutely no clue!

I had a friend who showed a bump/bloat picture at 9 weeks with her second and people kept making comments that it was twins and it actually got on my nerves... I thought to myself, "Common sense people, at 9 weeks TEN babies wouldn't be big enough to cause a significant bump... it's because her body knows she's pregnant and is changing earlier than it did last time". I was weirdly annoyed by everyone's twins comments.

*Are you over 30? Nope, 27 at time of conception

*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? Nope, only went off BC three months prior

*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? Nope

*Are you African-American? Nope
*Are you tall and/or overweight? Is 5'8" considered tall? Although I have a high BMI 26

*Have you been pregnant several times before? Nope

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping Nope

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate Nope, always normal

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness - Started at 6 weeks, mine was pretty severe, I lost a bit of weight 1st tri

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels - Only time I had hCG checked it was normal for the DPO for a singleton

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms BFP a week before AF due

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition Absolutely no clue!

I had a friend who showed a bump/bloat picture at 9 weeks with her second and people kept making comments that it was twins and it actually got on my nerves... I thought to myself, "Common sense people, at 9 weeks TEN babies wouldn't be big enough to cause a significant bump... it's because her body knows she's pregnant and is changing earlier than it did last time". I was weirdly annoyed by everyone's twins comments.

I don't know why it bothers me, and I feel bad saying this but all the "could it be twins" or "does this mean twins" threads in the 1st trimester forum bother me a little. Once in a while would be okay but there is one nearly every day. It might just be because I had no idea, and it was a shock to me but it just kind of irritates me a little because the reasonings for thinking its twins are usually silly. Please no offence to the poster of this thread, i've heard some people just have an intuition.

*Are you over 30? yes - 38

*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? No

*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? No

*Are you African-American? No

*Are you tall and/or overweight? 5'6 and BMI of 23- no

*Have you been pregnant several times before? Never

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping- No

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate- No

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness - None

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels - No idea, they didn't test them

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms- I was tired that was it

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition- Nope

Seems like most of us might have 1 indicator or 1 symptom but the questionaire doesn't seem to really pertain to most of us.

it bothers me too. no offence meant but somwtimes i find it a bit attention seeking.

I had the feeling that I was having twins and I was one of the few that was right. I did have most of those symptoms, but they really don't exclusively point to twins.

I conceived at 19, first pregnancy, no twins in the family, I'm of average height and weight, no fertility treatments, just plain old BDing. I did have incredibly bad morning sickness, but as this is my first pregnancy I didn't realize until my pregnant friends started pointing out how exagerated my syptoms were. I did have a ton of cramping, starting at 4 weeks and lasting through 1st tri. My heart didn't constantly race, though there were moments when it would jump for a bit and then go back to normal, but that happened to me before pregnancy too. And I didn't get my hcg levels back until after my first ultrasound, so I never had that to go off of.

OP, I would love to know if you find out you're having twins, but please don't be sad if you're carrying a single baby! Twins sound like so much fun until you're actually pregnant with them. Yes, there are "perks" and good sides, but there are so many complications that come with two babies. :thumbup:

Annoys me too but don't know why - no offence op and please don't think we ate scary or cliquey we do really want you to come back and let us know and would welcome you with open arms if you are having multiples xxxx

You said you ticked all 6 signs. So I'm assuming you had fertility treatment? IVF? If so, yes, you have a high chance of having conceived twins, if not then I highly doubt it. We get alot of women here who "think" they are having twins and in fact it turns out 99% of the time that it is only one baby.

Have you taken your hcg levels/ betas? That was my only indication. My hcg and progesterone were through the roof and I was told they suspected twins but I didn't believe them at all. I thought I was having one healthy little GIRL (I heard girls let off more hcg than boys). Turns out I was having a girl - x 2! My girls were conceived with the help of clomid but that's sooooooooo rare, like less than 8%. My doctor said in her 20 years of practice as a gynae/obgyn she has only ever seen 1 other woman who conceived twins on clomid.
Code:

I'll be curious to hear if you are in fact carrying multiples. Come back and let us know!

There is nothing mentioned about using fertility treatment on the six signs. I think you are wrong saying you highly doubt I am not having twins just because I got pregnant from intercourse. People can have twins from having intercourse.

Unless you use fertility treatment your chances of twins are like 1 in 90 I think. So its not that it can't happen, its just that twins aren't SUPER common. I got pregnant with my twins with just sex but it was a complete shock! Good luck when you have your ultrasound.

I thought I saw ivf mentioned in there somewhere :dohh:

Code:

I thought I saw ivf mentioned in there somewhere :dohh:

It was... it was one of the bullets but not listed as a "symptom".

for me it's just the repetitive part of it about hcg levels and such. would be nice if it was a sticky each lady could put their info into and then ladies wondering about that could just go there and look. When i was going through old post when i first joined i had noticed a ton of the same kinda posts. But like some of the ladies have said i do like to hear either way if it was twins or just one.

I also sincerely was not trying to be rude! And to the op we get tons of these threads in here, once again no offence but like I said 99% of the time its not the case. We don't offer false hope in here, that would ultimately be more unkind and unnecessary than being honest up front. I just think calling the doctor to tell him you think you're having twins is not going to change things or make him more interested in your case. Whether its one or 2 or 10 babies you still need a ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

I also sincerely was not trying to be rude! And to the op we get tons of these threads in here, once again no offence but like I said 99% of the time its not the case. We don't offer false hope in here, that would ultimately be more unkind and unnecessary than being honest up front. I just think calling the doctor to tell him you're sure you're having twins is not going to change things or make him more interested in your case. Whether its one or 2 or 10 babies you still need a ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

But hopefully not 10 babies! That would be so uncomfortable! :haha:

I also sincerely was not trying to be rude! And to the op we get tons of these threads in here, once again no offence but like I said 99% of the time its not the case. We don't offer false hope in here, that would ultimately be more unkind and unnecessary than being honest up front. I just think calling the doctor to tell him you're sure you're having twins is not going to change things or make him more interested in your case. Whether its one or 2 or 10 babies you still need a ultrasound to confirm pregnancy.

But hopefully not 10 babies! That would be so uncomfortable! :haha:

:rofl:

It doesnt annoy me, tho I mostly just skip those threads as most of them end up with one baby.
Usually the twin ladies first post are something like OMG TWINS! rather than "maybe twins"

Tho for some ladies that have strong fraternal genes in the family then that's kinda fair enough, Id be paranoid about having twins too if half my family had/were twins!

Im not a twin mummy, but those posts annoy me too :dohh: every second post in 1st tri is "i think im having twins?" and 9/10 times its a singleton.

Im not sure why it annoys me, I guess just because I see so many of those posts and you'd think anyone posting there would see the other threads, read them first, and post after they have had an ultrasound? :shrug: Theres not really any other way to confirm if it is or isnt?

I did consider the chance I could be having twins with this pregnancy as my symtpoms seem to be magnified, that and on my dads side of the family is 3 (yes 3) sets of identicle twins boys (total of 14 children). So theres always going to be a slightly increased chance. Im only carrying a singleton though, he just wants to cause more problems than his older brother is all! :haha:

I didn't even know this section of BNB existed til after I found out. After I got my hcg levels I googled it and saw they don't mean much so I left it alone. And the nurse said she didn't suspect twins based on my levels so I didn't think about it at all after that.... Til the early scan then shock of my life!

LOL theres been like a million "maybe twins"? posts, and we all just bite our tongue, then poor OP makes a thread like that and gets scolded by everyone!!

OP it's not you, it's just that we get posts like this all the time, and combined with the same old same old questions we get asked every day in the street, any repetitive questions can get tiring!!

Good luck with your scan and congrats on one or two babies either way

I don't see why it bothers people for someone to post they think they are having twins and it turns out to be one baby. Mine is turning out to be one baby. I just can't help but wonder if someone is bothered or annoyed by this kind of post then why read it? I'm not trying to be rude in saying this but if we think we are having twins then we have the right to post it. Having to read people's I hate this kind of thread response makes it harder and more embarrassing for the OP to post they are not having twins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->