I Think That I Am Having Twins

You said you ticked all 6 signs. So I'm assuming you had fertility treatment? IVF? If so, yes, you have a high chance of having conceived twins, if not then I highly doubt it. We get alot of women here who "think" they are having twins and in fact it turns out 99% of the time that it is only one baby.

Have you taken your hcg levels/ betas? That was my only indication. My hcg and progesterone were through the roof and I was told they suspected twins but I didn't believe them at all. I thought I was having one healthy little GIRL (I heard girls let off more hcg than boys). Turns out I was having a girl - x 2! My girls were conceived with the help of clomid but that's sooooooooo rare, like less than 8%. My doctor said in her 20 years of practice as a gynae/obgyn she has only ever seen 1 other woman who conceived twins on clomid.

I'll be curious to hear if you are in fact carrying multiples. Come back and let us know!

I had the sickness and i am 38 but i know a lot of singletons mothers who had worse sickness than me so i didn't suspect at all to be honest.

Will be interested to hear if you do have twins :flower:

I had terrible morning sickness but since my Mum had awful sickness as well when she was pregnant with all of her children I didn't think anything of it... As for intuition we actually joked about having twins but more in a what on earth would we do manner. It wasn't so funny after the first ultrasound.

my body was waking me up to throw up! also i had joked with mu husband that it was twins cos of my sickness and it hadnt been like that with my 3 other children....we had a scan done at 6 weeks due to previous mc's and low and behold twins! 2 sacs and 2 heartbeats :) was still a complete shock tho and you should have seen my husbands face! i wont write what he said :haha:

I had the elevated heart rate and severe morning sickness, but none of the other signs (I didn't have an hcg/progesterone test, so don't know what my levels were). I also didn't have many of the risk factors...I'm under 30, no fertility treatments, minimal family history of fraternal twins (one set in my huge extended family). The only risk factor I have is that I'm tall and overweight :)

Finding out we were having twins was a huge surprise! I'm still recovering from shock :wacko:

I had the elevated heart rate and severe morning sickness, but none of the other signs (I didn't have an hcg/progesterone test, so don't know what my levels were). I also didn't have many of the risk factors...I'm under 30, no fertility treatments, minimal family history of fraternal twins (one set in my huge extended family). The only risk factor I have is that I'm tall and overweight :)

Finding out we were having twins was a huge surprise! I'm still recovering from shock :wacko:

I had next to no risk factors for twins. I didn't do any fertility treatments for this pregnancy because after the last one failed I gave up. Lo and behold I "gave up" trying and got twins!:happydance: I'm in my mid 20's, underweight with a starting BMI of 17.3, I'm on the taller side at 5'8", and next to no family history of twins that I know of. We only know that I will occasionally spit out 2 eggs when I ovulate naturally after going through LOADS of fertility treatments. Our girls seem to be identical though, so none of that really means anything anyway. Pregnancy symptoms vary so greatly for every woman and every pregnancy be it singletons or multiples it's hard to tell much from the symptoms wether it could be multiples or not.

I have 2 out of 6 but with little symptoms. Twins do run in the family and I am overweight, but I was having such a simple pregnancy I was sure it wasn't twins!

The only way of knowing for sure is to have a scan. If you're in the UK I've seen prices for a private scan from £50-£99

*Are you over 30? NOPES
*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? NOPE!
*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? YES, MY MUM IS A FRATERNAL TWIN
*Are you African-American? NO
*Are you tall and/or overweight? 5'2 and weighed just over 7 stone pre pregnancy so definately NO
*Have you been pregnant several times before? NEVER

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping Wouldnt really say so

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate Not that im aware of!

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness NOT MUCH, didnt know i was pregnant till almost 8 wks and then felt queasy when waking up and hungry for about 5 or 6 weeks, never actually vomited, been fine!

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels WOULDNT EVEN KNOW THIS NEVER HAD IT CHECKED

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms NONE, didnt even know I was pregnant till almost 8wks.

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition NONE

So really just 1 thing out the lot is a positive for me, and ive got 2 lil babs in my belly. Didnt even know till the scan! Think thats the best way to get it confirmed to be honest.

Congratulations on your pregnancy no matter how many are in there :) xxx

You said you ticked all 6 signs. So I'm assuming you had fertility treatment? IVF? If so, yes, you have a high chance of having conceived twins, if not then I highly doubt it. We get alot of women here who "think" they are having twins and in fact it turns out 99% of the time that it is only one baby.

Have you taken your hcg levels/ betas? That was my only indication. My hcg and progesterone were through the roof and I was told they suspected twins but I didn't believe them at all. I thought I was having one healthy little GIRL (I heard girls let off more hcg than boys). Turns out I was having a girl - x 2! My girls were conceived with the help of clomid but that's sooooooooo rare, like less than 8%. My doctor said in her 20 years of practice as a gynae/obgyn she has only ever seen 1 other woman who conceived twins on clomid.

I'll be curious to hear if you are in fact carrying multiples. Come back and let us know!

There is nothing mentioned about using fertility treatment on the six signs. I think you are wrong saying you highly doubt I am not having twins just because I got pregnant from intercourse. People can have twins from having intercourse.

There is nothing mentioned about using fertility treatment on the six signs. I think you are wrong saying you highly doubt I am not having twins just because I got pregnant from intercourse. People can have twins from having intercourse.

Please do not misunderstand me I never said you can't spontaneously have twins, it is very possible. And for the record, I also conceived my twins the old fashioned way, sex. However, it is just not that likely going on a "hunch" or "notion" that you have. Maybe you have a sixth sense that I don't have or understand and you are having twins. I never said you were wrong :shrug:

Good luck either way :D

I didn't have any of the 6 signs and here I am with twins on the way.... saying that I did sit outside waiting for a scan in early pregnancy unit saying i bet there is 2 in there, still I nearly rolled off the couch when she said she sees 2 and my oh went translucent with shock. If you have a feeling there is no harm having a scan to check your intuition. Congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:

I had no signs! Flat tummy til 13 weeks, barely any sickness, very low hcg, no twins in family, young, no fertility treatment... twins!!

my guess is that you just have one baby but make sure you let us know!

*Are you over 30? NO
*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? NO
*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? NO
*Are you tall and/or overweight? 5'5 and BMI of 22
*Have you been pregnant several times before? TWICE

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping NO

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate Not till 20 weeks

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness Same as singletons

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels LOW!!

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms bfp 3 days before AF was due

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition NONE WHATSOEVER! nearly died of shock at 13 week scan

This would make a great thread!!!

Oh I didn't read the questions. I just went with the fact that most women who think they're having twins are usually wishful (or the reverse) thinking. I'll answer the questions too....

*Are you over 30? No I was 28 when I fell pregnant with the twins
*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? No just straight sex
*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? No twins anywhere in my family whatsoever
*Are you African-American? No just plain old white english
*Are you tall and/or overweight? 5'8 so reasonably tall but a little underweight at 7.5 stone
*Have you been pregnant several times before? only twice

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping - No different to my singleton 11 months previous

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate - No always very low along with my blood pressure

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness - I felt nauseated all the way through but I did with my singleton too. No throwing up whatsoever.

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels - We don't get told these routinely in the UK so I have no idea.

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms - No nothing, not even sore boobs like I had with my singleton. Very faint BFP on the day of my missed period and the line didn't get darker for a full 8 weeks into the pregnancy.

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition - None. I didn't have any scans until two days before delivery. Thought it was a singleton all along as I was so tiny and there were no indicators whatsoever.

*Are you over 30? yes - 36 at time of conception

*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? No

*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? Yes sister has fraternal twins

*Are you tall and/or overweight? 5'2 and BMI of 24

*Have you been pregnant several times before? Never

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping No cramping at all

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate No not as far as I know

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness - none at all slight nausea which passed at 9 weeks

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels - never checked

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms bfp week after af due

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition NONE

So basiclly whoever thought up that 'questionnaire' is has just been proven to be a complete plonker! haha

I never had any of those symptoms either, no twins in family, 27, never preggers before etc etc.......lol

*Are you over 30? yes - 39 at time of conception

*Did you conceive with the help of fertility treatments or IVF? Yes

*Women, do twins run on your side of the family? No

*Are you tall and/or overweight? 5'2 and BMI of 24- no

*Have you been pregnant several times before? Never

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #1: Excessive Cramping- Minimal cramping

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #2: Elevated Heart Rate- No

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #3: Significant Morning Sickness - None

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #4: High hCG Levels - Yes

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #5: Advanced Symptoms- I was tired that was it

Twin Pregnancy Symptom #6: Intuition- I did IVF put back and two and had high HCG didnt need intuition for that one

I agree these are silly. only ones that are even slightly relevant are IVF and HCG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->