I Think That I Am Having Twins

LOL some religious groups claim you're supposed to feel kicking at 7 weeks... Some even 4 weeks, which is impossible cuz yea, they have no legs yet.

Okay, I am a Christian but I found this to be absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Lol I am a Christian too but Ive never heard of this one!!!

I have an acquaintance who is 34 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child. She thinks she is larger that I was. There is no way. I was easily twice her size. She is convinced the doctors keep missing a baby and two are going to pop out when she delivers.:dohh:

She's gonna be in for a bit of a shock in a few weeks then ay hahaha :dohh:

the one that is currently making me crazy is all the people telling me they wish they were having twins, or want to have twins.. i just dont know what to say. and given that i never even considered it or wanted twins... i just dont get it either

LOL some religious groups claim you're supposed to feel kicking at 7 weeks... Some even 4 weeks, which is impossible cuz yea, they have no legs yet.

Okay, I am a Christian but I found this to be absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Lol I am a Christian too but Ive never heard of this one!!!

It was a pro-life site, something like this one but a little more skewed https://www.prolifedallas.org/pages/education_fetal (can't find the 4 week one now)

Early in my pregnancy I spent quite a bit of time perusing pro-life sites because of their cute little fetus pictures and it was exciting to see what my baby currently looks like but came across some sites that were WAY off.

I can imagine it is quite annoying to have girls come in here thinking it's twins.

I admit, I knew. My bump was abnormally large (although in hindsight I'm not convinced because when they are the size of a grain of a rice, how can you really say so???) and have a strong maternal history of fraternals. But I still posted my suspicions in 1st trimester until it was confirmed.

I think it just comes down to a lot of people being in love with the fantasy/attention of being a twin mom (sorry), because I know I was bricking it at the reality of it (as it is so common in my family, I never had any illusions it would be much fun to start with!!)

Exactly. So many people tell me they wish they could have twins because "it's SO fun!!" What?!!! Lol. Of course there are fun times but its so freaking hard!!

aliss- yeah i guess that is why people keep saying that to me... (that they are jealous etc). it just totally rubs me the wrong way. though not nearly as much as the current string of people i have emailing me etc telling me how i should be taking care of myself (apparently women doing prenatal yoga are strong women, women lifting weights and doing gym classes are crazy and overdoing it), how to deliver etc. sigh. im sure once they are born ill go nuts with the twins comments and im sure ill get asked if they are adopted (donor is vietnamese, im white)

Fortunately my grandmother (who had them herself) always smacked the twin reality into me from an early age :rofl: I do really think it's an attention thing unfortunately.

Drsquid, enjoy your weights! I am a competitive powerlifter and didn't stop until 34 weeks myself. Lots of stupid comments but whatever... made recovery a lot easier

I had actually convinced myself that I didn't want twins after wanting invitro twins because we're running out of time.
I started to think that I'd be cheating myself and my son out of the one on one time that singletons get, being able to sit and cuddle him, watch him sleep in my arms... Then BAM! Surprise! You're pregnant! And it's twins! :dohh:
Now I'm trying to forget all those valid points that make twins not such a good idea lol

The thing is many women like the idea of having twins, I always wanted 2 children, I get comments like I decided on twins myself. As time goes on it scares me to think of the added pressure in pregnancy, the delivery and the rest of there lives.

I didnt ask for twins but feel blessed to be given the opportunity to carry them, as many women do

Multiples happen to people who can cope with them. I read that on here just after I had mine and I truly do believe it. Its what gets me through the particularly hard days!

Yeah. I keep reminding myself of that! Lol. Especially after the crazy morning we had!!

my friend told me that if she could think of anyone to be able to manage twins it would be.

the "idea" of twins is cute, adorable, lots of fun, lots of attention. the "reality" is cute adorable lots of fun lots of attention, super tough pregnancy , no sleep, aching body, stressful days, arguing with hubby, not bein able to pee after yr morning one til bedtime, two babies screaming at once, splitting yrself between them and other kids, financial strain. i could go on. i wouldnt swap my life with the girls for all the money in the world, they truly are a much wanted miracle but i dont live in that bubble that its all sweet smelling roses. which i think alot of those "i want twins/think im having twins" is.

heh not sure i can cope but... im lucky. i can afford them and afford a nanny. i just cant imagine what people go through after they clear their savings for ivf then end up with more than they bargained (or budgeted) for.

speaking of affording them, does anyone else panic when theyre down to 10 packets of baby wipes thinking yr going to run out overnight and run to the nearest asda and fill yr trolley?? or am i a neurotic nutter?? ha ha

Lol! I so do that. We get down to half a box of diapers and I'm like omg store run!!

yip, ive got about 12 packs and 4 big packs of nappies yet i feel the palpitations setting in. absolute nutter

heh not sure i can cope but... im lucky. i can afford them and afford a nanny. i just cant imagine what people go through after they clear their savings for ivf then end up with more than they bargained (or budgeted) for.

I know I couldn't cope without day care or a nanny either. We already have day care(part time) spots reserved for our girls.:haha: We never would've done fertility treatments, knowing their was in increased chance of multiples(albeit small) if we were going to have an issue maintaining our same standard of living and have to worry about day care/drop in day care costs for our jobs and mommy/daddy alone time. I love having kids, obviously, but I'm a better mom when I can work, have my sanity and DH and I get good quality time together. I'm a night shifter and DH is quitting his job and starting nursing school here soon, so it'll be nice with me working great hours and DH just being in the same online RN program I went through. DH is making a career change partially for more career satisfaction, better pay, and better job fit, but also so he can have great pay with great hours.

With all that being said we were trying for just #3 and I was a bit overwhelmed and frankly upset(even still at times) that we're having twins because I won't be able to have the experience of only 1 baby at a time, ever. That was actually part of the reason I wanted to try for baby #3. Our boys aren't twins, but I spent DS1 infancy pregnant and tired, and then DS2's having another baby that still wasn't walking and was a bit behind developmentally. I've come to accept it and be excited about it, but while we knew our chances of multiples were increased we knew the odds were still low. I would NEVER try for multiples and just don't understand why anyone would. I'm ashamed to admit it a bit, but I'm a bit jealous of women who are having just 1 baby because of all the time and attention they'll be able to devote to the baby and how much easier it will be. I'm excited about our girls, but it took awhile for me to get there and I still have moments of sadness.

yeah me too. when i got my cat he was the first one i ever had and he was nuts. people kept telling me to get a second one but i didnt want to cause it was my first cat. got a kitten a few months later so i got kitten time with each. that is kind of my bummer with twins. im single and 39 so this will be my only pregnancy (most likely). my family also lives 3000 miles away (thoughi have local cousins). so i have no choice about a nanny. my hours are too crazy to do daycare (one day is 7:30-5 or 6 the next is 9:30-7 and 4 nights a month i work 7pm-7:30 and one night is 6pm-10pm). plus at least 30 minute commute time each way. i have to do livein whichi never wanted cause i cant be late for work and this way i dont have to worry about them arriving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->