I thought the GP had to confirm the pregnancy?

Beaney192

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Before they put you intouch with the midwife? But I just contacted the receptionist and she said as long as i am feeling well then at 6 weeks i need to pop down to the surgey and fill out a form for the midwife to book me in with her? I thought gps had to test first?

Thanks xxx

I thought this too but apparently not... home testing kits are so reliable now that if it says positive then you are pregnant!

My surgery is the same, I rang up for a GP and she said oh no we pass you straight to the midwife now.

Apparently it just takes up time. Silly I know x

no, mine did no tests at all. just took my word for it that i had had a positive test on a stick. i took the sticks with me incase i had to show them but they never even asked for them

I guess it depends on where you live. I had full bloodwork done to check for everything under the sun at around 6/7 weeks, things like toxoplasmosis and STDs as well as iron, folic acid ad a million other things.

I guess it depends on where you live. I had full bloodwork done to check for everything under the sun at around 6/7 weeks, things like toxoplasmosis and STDs as well as iron, folic acid ad a million other things.

i had all that a couple of weeks ago, but that was cos it was my first midwide appointment. but when i first went to see the doctor he just gave me advise and filled in my booking form - that was a few days after i got my bpf

I think the reason my doctor did it instead of my gynecologist was because I didn't know my blood type. I know they like to be extremely hands on here, it's all a bit confusing for me because I'm from the UK and have only just moved to Belgium.

hi in the docs in the uk are not as on the ball as germeny ext lol they do just take ure word for it i thoght u would have to confirm it but they told me no 2 xxxxx

got mine on thurs :/ i hate bloods lol

but least it will get the ball rolling ill be 7 weeks then x

I got my BFP on Friday and called the docs.
Receptionist confirmed if everything is ok they don't need to see me until 8 weeks and my appointment will be with a midwife.
Keeping my fingers crossed everything will be ok! My appointment's on 10th Feb and seems like a lifetime away!

I got my BFP on Friday and called the docs.
Receptionist confirmed if everything is ok they don't need to see me until 8 weeks and my appointment will be with a midwife.
Keeping my fingers crossed everything will be ok! My appointment's on 10th Feb and seems like a lifetime away!

My 8 week appointment is on 1st February and that also seems yonks away!!

i was just 4 weeks hun when found out and felt like months away and its this thurs just keep busy x

I was quite surprised that the doctor just believed me when I told him but given that false positives on pregnancy tests are so rare, I guess I can understand why they don't bother doing another one. I suppose if you were in doubt they could get you to do one there but I did two digital ones three or four days apart to confirm before I went. All the way until my scan I was then convinced that I was just mad and the midwife would ask me what the hell I was doing there when patently I just had wind or something..!

Well, I had to drop a pot of wee off at my doctors, they like to test everyone themselves before transferring to the midwife. Guess they are not very trusting LOL...

Same here, i phoned the surgery at 4 weeks, to let them know that I'm pregnant and asked if they wanted to test. The receptionist said no they dont do that anymore and book me in to see a midwife next week at 7 weeks. Yay!

The same for me... although i saw the doctor, and he just asked me how many positive tests I had got, and then said 'do you have any symptoms?' and then he said, well you are pregnant then!

I've got my MW appointment at about 8 and a half weeks, im 5.4 at the moment... Roll on the days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->