I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Hey ladies!

DH and I tried SMEP last month with no success. I was originally going to do it again this month, but I think all of the charting and OPKs actually makes it harder on my psychologically. DH agrees, so I think we're just going to be a little more laid back about it. I really want my BFP, but I also want to be able to focus on things in my life besides pregnancy! I've been getting a little obsessive and that's made healing from the loss even harder!

So, hopefully we can get a BFP for December, but with less stress!

Hey topanga053,
I agree with you, I would like a Christmas bfp (well any bfp would be great) but I want to take it in my stride more so no opk's for me or SMEP plan or testing early. I have found myself being distracted at work and getting a bit obsessed too. So yes, I'm with you on hoping for a December bfp but with less stress. Lets take it easy :coffee: but keep positive :flower:

MrsDavo,
Do you think you will continue with the SMEP for the rest of your cycle? Sounds tempting if you are getting Ewcm.
Sorry to hear you just passed your due date, I don't know how that feels yet, mine is not until April 2013 but I took it quite hard with someone leaving work to go on maternity leave and all the fuss people made for her and I should of been 12 weeks that day and I could imagine me with a scan picture and telling people. Sorry, I'm probably not helping, but your not on your own.x

I don't know much about the 21 day blood test, what does that show?

Hi Gi Jane -

I think we will continue to BD every night for the next couple of nights - I am hoping to see a temp rise tomorrow! If I don't get the temp rise we will keep BD'ing EOD I think, every day was getting a bit - tedious!!

We have very busy jobs and sometimes we just don't feel like it lol.

I know how you feel hun, I really wanted to be pregnant by my due date - but my body has other ideas. The doctor I went to see last month said that I was being silly charting etc and just to relax, but its been 20 months TTC with only a MMC to show for it. I am getting fed up. So she agreed to do a blood test on Day 21 of my cycle to check hormones, because I am having irregular cycles.

It's supposed to show whether there are any hormone imbalances, so in one way I hope to have O'd by then, and in another I hope not to because then they will see what I have no clue what's happening in my body from one month to the next.

I managed to get through my due date okay, I went a walk through the cemetery today- and told myself I wasn't going to go upto the communal grave because it's all sludgy with mud, but I couldn't walk past it without going. There was just a feeling inside telling me just to walk up and spend a few moments there.

Anyway - I've went on a bit - sorry!

Where are you in your cycle now hun? xx

Meant to say - It sucks when others are off having their babies doesn't it? I had 1 lady in my street have a baby last week, and another lady at work due in 2 weeks go off on Maternity leave! And my facebook is full of pregnant ladies - I dread going on there incase I see another BFP!

It's just a reminder every day that it should have been me last week having my baby! instead I have nothing but a crappy body that doesn't know what it's doing :-( xx

Hey MrsDavo
I did try charting for 2 months but found I became a little obsessed by it so I stopped and that's one reason why I've resisted the opk's. Though I know I could try and relax a little more about TTC....

I too in the past have had irregular cycles, they are more regular now but long at 40-42 days. I found out about a year ago that I have PCOS so was warned it could take longer than normal to get pregnant. Have you been tested for PCOS?

Oh forgot to say I not long finished af and am on CD 8. Before the loss I was ovulating on day 27 so I'm eager to see how this will change since the mc so currently checking on CM daily.

I've not been tested for PCOS but it's one thing that I am hoping the doctors will look into if I still am not pregnant in another 6 months.

I feel a lot calmer charting my BBT - well I do check it loads and can't wait to go to bed to get the next reading, but by this stage in my cycle if I wasn't charting I would have given up and stopped having sex because I wouldn't see the point! Possibly why I haven't gotten pregnant again in the last 6 months.

This is only my 2nd cycle charting my BBT so I am hoping to get a better insight into my cycles.

How do they test for PCOS? x

PCOS was suspected from my history of irregular cycles and confirmed by ultrasound. I didn't have any blood tests and was shown there and then on the screen.

I don't think we BD enough, during the week with the daily grind there is no sexy time lol so unless ovulation falls on a weekend I'm automatically out. The one time I did get my bfp I ovulated while we were on holiday and we were awake and relaxed enough to make the most of it.

Assuming ovulation occurs the same this cycle, it should fall on a weekend so I'm hopeful but equally I don't want to get too stressed or put pressure on ourselves.

Have you tried or looked into the herb Angus castus or vitex is its other name?

Hi ladies can i join you?
Im 3 weeks post d&c- my first pregnancy and loss. Waiting for af is killing me!! Just want to ttc again and A xmas bfp would be AMAZING!!
:hugs:

PCOS was suspected from my history of irregular cycles and confirmed by ultrasound. I didn't have any blood tests and was shown there and then on the screen.

I don't think we BD enough, during the week with the daily grind there is no sexy time lol so unless ovulation falls on a weekend I'm automatically out. The one time I did get my bfp I ovulated while we were on holiday and we were awake and relaxed enough to make the most of it.

Assuming ovulation occurs the same this cycle, it should fall on a weekend so I'm hopeful but equally I don't want to get too stressed or put pressure on ourselves.

Have you tried or looked into the herb Angus castus or vitex is its other name?

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply! I lost the thread and couldn't find it again haha.

I hope this is your month hun! It is incredibly hard not to get to stressed, because we want it so much don't we.

I have heard of angus cactus but haven't done much research into it. Like you I avoided these things because I felt it would stress me even more. But no I have started charting I can see I need to do something to regulate my cycles!

I went for the blood test today, but I haven't O'd yet according to my chart. I'm in for a mssive bruise on my hand though - It's very hard to get blood out of me so it usually ends up having to come from a small vein in my hand - which she did today - BUT she pulled the syringe too much and got loads of air in it, my hands swollen now! and it hurts like hell!

Results should be back tuesday xx

Hi ladies can i join you?
Im 3 weeks post d&c- my first pregnancy and loss. Waiting for af is killing me!! Just want to ttc again and A xmas bfp would be AMAZING!!
:hugs:

So sorry for your loss.

It took 9 weeks for me to have a proper period after D&C. I hope yours comes sooner than that so you can have a xmas BFP hun! xx

Welcome Johnsongirl!! It took me 5 weeks to have AF after my D&C, so it could happen! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My D&C would have been my first too. It's absolutely heartbreaking. Here's hoping to some exciting Christmas news for all of us... we deserve it!! xoxoxo

Finally started af after 8 weeks since my mc. Now with the hope of getting back to normal, I told my dh how lovely it would be to have a bfp by the time Xmas rolls around and he has agreed.

With a long cycle and it possibly being messed up after the mc I think that's just one o to try and I don't know when that'll be! Better get jiggy!

Would anyone else like a Christmas bfp?

Ohh Me Me Me!!! That would make the best gift anyone could recieve!!! Hi everyone! I got my implanon removed after 2 years on Jul 27 and have only got af once on oct4... I have always had irregular periods and have been on/off bcp since i was 18. I made a doc apptmnt for the 15th of this month reguarding my irregularities so i'm waiting to see what happens. I use opk's and am about to start temping... a Christmas BFP would be great!

hi ladies hope yous are doin great an not stressin....like me lol, my last dnc i had af after 3 weeks this time im past the 4 week mark and feel like a complete pysychopath!!! i keep picking arguments with my fella and even took today off work as i couldn sleep las night, id stopped takin agnus castus a couple of weeks ago and really wished now i hadnt coz im feelin derranged lol, keep fingers crossed that the wee miracle droplets work again for me as they did before.
xxx

Cozmos, I can totally relate! The waiting has been one of the worst parts of this whole experience! We started TTC back in April and here I am in November with nothing to show for it but a broken heart! :-( DH doesn't understand why I'm so impatient, but every month that goes by without a healthy baby feels like an eternity (hell, every DAY feels like an eternity!).

I really hope i have the classic 4 week interval between d&c and first af. I cant believe
how impatient ive become! I keep getting excited about small cramps and bad moods thinking it must be A sign of af but......no show yet!

I hope you do too, Johnsongirl! I know how hard the waiting is. You might react differently than I did, but just a head's up that some women find the first AF after a MC really hard. I was really impatient for mine, but when it finally came, I had a complete breakdown. It made it so real that I wasn't pregnant anymore and I found it really hard to cope for a day or two afterwards. If that happens when you get yours, feel free to PM me!! I'm happy to listen. Most of my friends didn't understand why it was so difficult; I think you have to have experienced a MC to really understand.

oh my gaaaad the waiting is plop!!!!
iv been getting excited for wee twinges and cramps too not sure wat theyre all about lol....go away pesky fake cramps!!!!
i was minding my friends 4 week old son while she got her hair done today and its made me even more eager now lol, poor oh when my cycle starts bak....or lucky?? xx

Hi ladies! The :witch: came in the night last night, so I'm on CD1 and praying for a Christmas miracle!! I got some OPKs today because I think I'm going to try the SMEP plan that everyone is talking about. I've never used OPKs before, so i got the clearblue digi with the smiley faces to take the guesswork out of it!

Topanga, my first af totally crushed me. for a second I was happy to get my cycle back, then it all sunk in. very thoughtful of you to put that warning out there.

I don't know if anyone else watches modern family, but we do and we love it. this week they had a lot of moments getting ready for the new baby, talking with the new dad about how he has to help. they also said making the baby is the easy part, the hard part is raising them and keeping them safe. for all of you that are ttc #1 like me, I hope and pray we have healthy babies and have our shot to get to the hard part. I know my dh will be an awesome dad, so I pray for my ability to give him this gift.FX for everyone!

Hi ladies! The :witch: came in the night last night, so I'm on CD1 and praying for a Christmas miracle!! I got some OPKs today because I think I'm going to try the SMEP plan that everyone is talking about. I've never used OPKs before, so i got the clearblue digi with the smiley faces to take the guesswork out of it!

pray, the opks and partial smep plan worked for me. I say partial because we missed one of the 'every other' days bc dh was sick. probably the stupid cold I have now.

And I say worked because I got a very good positive on my frer. I will post pics later when I can since its not working from my phone.

now I'm trying not to be too excited or too terrified and waiting anxiously for 3 hours till I can call into my ob so she can order bloodwork for me at their walkin lab. I hope they find something I need to take, like progesterone, and at the same time I hope they find nothing. Lol the wait....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->