I want a Christmas BFP...anyone else?

Congrats mackjess thats BRILLIANT news!! Im so happy for you. :happydance:
Post A pic when u can. How many dpo are you and if you dont mind me asking how long has it been since your loss?
I love hearing the positive stories- makes me feel so much more confident for the future xxx

Post A pic when u can. How many dpo are you and if you dont mind me asking how long has it been since your loss?
I love hearing the positive stories- makes me feel so much more confident for the future xxx

thank you Johnson. I'm still really nervous until I get to the doc for bloodwork. really scared it could be another chemical or something. I'll post pics and updates soon as I can.

Not sure exactly how many dpo I am, but af is due Monday if that helps. My loss was on 9/15 and they think I was 5-6 weeks. I didn't make it to my first prego appt so I was never scanned or anything.

I'm trying not to be too excited or too nervous. I think it will sink in more after they do a beta test to confirm it.

Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for you! This is gonna be your sticky bean :thumbup:
I can imagine its hard to relax though. All you can do is take it one day at a time x
Dust :dust:

OMG MACKJESS. You are the first one of the thread. Congrats. I can understand you being nervous. I really hope this is a sticky bean for you. I know this will sound bad but I am jealous but also immensely happy for you.
Fingers crossed.x

OMG MACKJESS. You are the first one of the thread. Congrats. I can understand you being nervous. I really hope this is a sticky bean for you. I know this will sound bad but I am jealous but also immensely happy for you.
Fingers crossed.x

Jane - I've been jealous/happy before in these threads. I def understand. But it always gave me hope because I knew it would be my turn soon, so next we'll be seeing some BFP posts from you. :hugs:

Thank you mackjess. Just shows how lovely a person you are trying to make me feel better when you have a lot on your mind with the bfp and have a bad cold too.

How is your cold today?

When will you get bloods done, progesterone test etc?

Just out of interest, did you get a bfp on the same dpo as your last one? What I mean is, like before I got my bfp at 8dpo and I wondered if the strength of them would vary between pregnancy. Mind you according to dh I'm not allowed to test early now anyway.

What did your dh say?

Jane, we are all lovelies that are going thru something we should never have to.

The cold is much better today, just that leftover congestion gunk that makes you sound terrible even though you feel better. I think the sore throat and fever were just bad because I didn't want to take advil. I took Tylenol instead and it really doesn't do anything for me.

I haven't told dh yet. He thinks the line is supposed to be as dark as the control line. Also, I started my mc about 36 hours after my last bfp so I think I need the confirmation from a beta test as well.

when I call my ob, she will call in an order for bloodwork to check hcg and all my hormones to see if they look good. I'm new off the pill so she thinks I will need to take progesterone. I'll have those results today and will talk to dh then.

last time, we weren't trying yet. I'd been on the pill for 15 years, and because of my age and thyroid issues they said it could take up to six months for me to ovulate. I was supposed to have labs done in three months so the could test for ovulation. Not really necessary since I got knocked up the very next month.

when I missed my period in aug, I didn't think much of it. dh was not on town the week I ov'd, and I thought my cycle was off. I took a test that day, and 4 days later. still negative. about 9 days after missed af, I noticed my sense of smell went crazy, and finally got a faint positive test and confirmed it at the doc. I do feel better that this test is positive 4 days before my missed period. I think the first pregnancy was too soon after the pill so I wouldn't have had a good lining for it to stick. I started baby aspirin right after so I hope it helps my bean stick. I also had diff symptoms this time, so I don't think it's a chemical pregnancy like they said it probably was before.

Mackjess, I am so praying you have a sticky bean!! I am so excited for you!!! :happydance:

Mackjess!!! yay!!!! I was really hoping you'd get a bfp. Makes me a little more hopeful for myself. I understand the nervousness, but I really hope everything turns out well for you!

I started baby aspirin right after so I hope it helps my bean stick. I also had diff symptoms this time, so I don't think it's a chemical pregnancy like they said it probably was before.

I was thinking too about taking the baby aspirin even though I've not been advised to- seems to help people but also not hurt.

My mum (who had a mc years and years ago) and a good friend who had one a year ago, said that they felt a difference between their loss BFP and their viable pregnancy but when I pushed further to see what they meant by that they couldn't explain. So maybe the fact you feel different too is a good sign.

Did your ob ring you back with results?- I know you're in the states so is still quite early there.

I started baby aspirin right after so I hope it helps my bean stick. I also had diff symptoms this time, so I don't think it's a chemical pregnancy like they said it probably was before.

I was thinking too about taking the baby aspirin even though I've not been advised to- seems to help people but also not hurt.

My mum (who had a mc years and years ago) and a good friend who had one a year ago, said that they felt a difference between their loss BFP and their viable pregnancy but when I pushed further to see what they meant by that they couldn't explain. So maybe the fact you feel different too is a good sign.

Did your ob ring you back with results?- I know you're in the states so is still quite early there.

Thank you, I'm hoping the fact that I have new symptoms that never showed up at 5-6 weeks, and the fact that my test was positive days before AF rather than being negative up until it was 9 days late are good signs.

They did a urine test to confirm it at the doc along with bloodwork, but I won't get the beta/progesterone results back until Monday. I will probably be kind of anxious until then. :wacko:

What's the deal with baby aspirin? What is it supposed to do?

I take it because I'm so new off of the pill that it will help thicken the lining in my uterus and make it more rich in oxygen, which makes implantation easier. It can also help if clotting in the placenta was ever an issue that causes miscarriages in early pregnancy and they usually test for this if you have multiple unexplained miscarriages. I'll be taking it up until I'm 8 weeks pregnant.

Oh, and your doggie in your profile pic is adorable. :)

Aren't you testing soon Johnson? You had the infamous good luck bird poop on you after all.
:happydance:

Oh, that makes sense! I think I'll ask my doc about that since I'm newly off the pill too.

I stole the dog profile pic idea from you, hope you don't mind!

I would love! Only been a month since my m/c, still going through blood work and showing BFP still.
Good luck to everyone trying I hope we all get our Christmas wish!

my AF came this morning yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im actually so rlieved iv been gettin on like looney for weeks! i hope to god that thats us back on track .

my AF came this morning yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im actually so rlieved iv been gettin on like looney for weeks! i hope to god that thats us back on track .

Yay Cozmos!! My emotions were so much more in check after my AF showed up. The first cycle I had before AF I was loony toons! Who knew the witch could bring such relief??
:happydance::witch:

im feeli so normal again its a relief !!! its good to feel a bit more in the loop of your own body!! there is hope ladies....i even feel like myself wich is amazing....ps....also had wine so thats definately helped.
im happy now, a bfp on 2013 is good enough for me, im jus gonna let my hair down an enjoy our christmas, think we need that after this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->