I want one of each BUT

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
we only want two children, and we already have our boy, what if the next is another boy?

Think its awful to say that ill be a bit gutted, disappointed. Mentioned it to DH today, and said would be have another to try for a girl and he didnt look pleased. :rofl:

With Jack i was 100% sure i was having a girl, til gender scan at 22wks, and then i was in shock, kinda grieved for the lil girl i was sure i was having.

I know exactly how you feel. OH is desperate for a boy but only wants two. I want three so the only way Im going to get 3 is if the next one if a girl.

we'll have to research all the old wives tales, or we could swap?!!! :rofl: xxx

I can relate and we dont have any yet.

I know it sounds bad as there are so many people who have none, and obviously we would be delighted with either, but we both desperately want a boy first time round and in honesty, would rather 2 boys than 2 girls....

xxx

:lol: its hard honey, maybe you could twist his arm for a third ;) i think it would be funny to look at the olds wives tales and see! xx

i'd actually like two girls :blush: pops - i agree - i think your so blessed when a baby comes in to your lives, but i think we all deep down have a slight preference, of course we love them completely when there here!

though james would like a boy next, so either way, i don't mind too much!

Yeah obviously whatever im blessed with i'll be delighted, but id just love the chance to be a mum to a girl too. Do all the girly thing, pretty clothes etc,

Why would you prefer boys Pops?

And carly why would u prefer another girl?

Yeah obviously whatever im blessed with i'll be delighted, but id just love the chance to be a mum to a girl too. Do all the girly thing, pretty clothes etc,

Our ideal is one of each but as life goes, you dont always get your ideal!

I would love a little girl, my Mum and I are so close that I would love to have the same with a daughter. BUT, I know what us girls are like, and having 2 nieces I think 2 girls would be more difficult than two boys.

We also both feel happier and have more fun with our friends kids who are boys, I think we both just "click" with them better.

Of course, it would be totally different if they were ours but if I were totally honest and didn't think people would jump on me, I think I would be more disapointed not to have a son than I would if I didn't have a daughter xxx

You're more likely to conceive a boy if...

• You have sex on the day of ovulation, as male sperm are thought to swim faster and reach the egg first

• you reach orgasm before your partner, as this releases an alkaline fluid, thought to be more male-sperm friendly than the vagina's natural acidity

• you have deep penetration during sex, such as from behind (doggie-style)

• your partner has a high sperm count. This is because male sperm are not as strong as female sperm, and so the higher the count, the more chance there is of a male sperm reaching the egg first

• you avoid sex for a week before ovulation and then only have sex once on ovulation day, to keep the sperm count high

• your partner suggested the love-making :confused: :rofl:

• you make love at night

• you make love on odd days of the month

• your partner keeps his genitals cool by wearing boxer shorts and loose-fitting trousers

• you eat salty food, plenty of meat, fish, white flour, pasta, fresh fruit, certain vegetables, but avoid milk and dairy products, such as yoghurt and cheese, nuts, chocolate, shellfish and wholemeal bread.

You're more likely to conceive a girl if...

• You have sex earlier on in your cycle, a few days before your day of ovulation. This is because female sperm are thought to be stronger and therefore last longer than male sperm, who will die off before reaching the egg

• your partner reaches orgasm before you

• you have sex frequently to lower your partner's sperm count, and so increase the chances of the female sperm reaching the egg first

• you keep penetration shallow

• you stop having unprotected sex four to five days before ovulation, to minimise the chances of the male sperm reaching the egg first

• your partner keeps his genitals warm by wearing close-fitting underwear and tight trousers (although this isn't likely to do his general fertility any good!)

• you suggested the love-making

• you make love in the afternoon

• you make love on even days of the month

• you put a wooden spoon under your bed and a pink ribbon under your pillow This worked for my friend!!

• you drink plenty of milk and eat dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt, unsalted foods, rice, pasta, certain vegetables, mineral water, limited amounts of meat and potatoes, but avoid salt and any salty foods, wine and beer, fresh fruit, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms, chocolate, coffee and tea.

Some of these techniques are recommended as part of the Shettles method of sex selection. Find out What the scientists say about this and other methods.

Quoted this from a website, and added a couple of things!!

aww i no you would honey, you're a fab mum to jack, you'd me an amazing mum to another one :hugs:

hmm good question toyah - i don't no, i suppose because i'm quite a girly girl, i love all the pink and doing all girlie stuff, and i love how bitchy and funny they get as they get older :dohh: i would love a boy, for playing football and all sorts, i suppose i just really like little girls, and i suppose having maddi makes me think another girl would be amazing!

Our ideal is one of each but as life goes, you dont always get your ideal!

I would love a little girl, my Mum and I are so close that I would love to have the same with a daughter. BUT, I know what us girls are like, and having 2 nieces I think 2 girls would be more difficult than two boys.

We also both feel happier and have more fun with our friends kids who are boys, I think we both just "click" with them better.

Of course, it would be totally different if they were ours but if I were totally honest and didn't think people would jump on me, I think I would be more disapointed not to have a son than I would if I didn't have a daughter xxx

thats how i felt sweetie, and i really wanted a girl first as i'm so close with my mum, and i like how difficult they are at times :dohh: god i'm nuts!! :lol: x x x

I have haeard of families who didnt get a gril after 4 boys, and still tried for one. Hope ot doesnt happen to you .

My mam and i arent that close at all, and id love to have that close relationship with my daughter - a friend.

And i think we all have our hopes for one way or another, but when the time comes to it, im sure we'll be more than happy with what weve been blessed with. :hugs:

I have haeard of families who didnt get a gril after 4 boys, and still tried for one. Hope ot doesnt happen to you .

OMG - i hope it doesnt either!! Id NEVER cope!!!! :rofl:

My mam and i arent that close at all, and id love to have that close relationship with my daughter - a friend.

And i think we all have our hopes for one way or another, but when the time comes to it, im sure we'll be more than happy with what weve been blessed with. :hugs:

i think this is so true, i suppose we all build up a mental image of how we imagine things to be! x x

aww i no you would honey, you're a fab mum to jack, you'd me an amazing mum to another one :hugs:

hmm good question toyah - i don't no, i suppose because i'm quite a girly girl, i love all the pink and doing all girlie stuff, and i love how bitchy and funny they get as they get older :dohh: i would love a boy, for playing football and all sorts, i suppose i just really like little girls, and i suppose having maddi makes me think another girl would be amazing!

I like girly things too, at the park today, there was a gorgeous lil girl toddler, and she looked so cute, dressed lovely, with a lovely slide in her hair, pretty shoes......:cloud9: Thats the kind of things id love to be able to do. :baby:

i know what u mean, I defo want a boy but I cant imagine having a boy and I just love having a girl... I think Im gonng end up having like 8 children or something.... :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->