I want to but I'm afraid...

lilfirefly

Reaction score
I know it's all still quite fresh (I only just miscarried on the Mother's Day long weekend) but my darling and I have been talking about if we are going to try again and I keep coming back to this... I really truly desperately want to have a baby with my beautiful man but I am concerned that I will worry too much about miscarrying again and either worry it into fruition or miss out on enjoying the pregnancy because I'm so fearful.

I'm feeling the same hun, and i have felt the same for a while. Me and OH are trying again because the want to be a mother and have a baby far outways the fear of another MMC for me. Have a good long talk with OH tell him how you feel. My OH was to scared of it happening again and didnt want to see me go through it all again, but we have decided to try again anyway after a long talk. Whether you decide to try now or in a years time that fear will always be there and its normal, but do what feels right for you and OH x

I am the same hun, but like mummy2angel said, for me the fear is outweighed by how much i want to be a mum. But totally understand where you are coming from :hugs: x

There is no problem with not being able to take your pregnancy for granted. You will appreciate every little bit x

Lilfirefly, it is totally normal for you to feel this fear. This is one of the worst things about having a miscarriage, it can take all of the joy out of the next pregnancy because you are worrying so much. Let me just tell you that it is virtually impossible to worry so much that you cause another miscarriage. Think about all of the women who have gotten pregnant and given birth during a war time. Surely they were consumed with stress and worry beyond belief. Just because we worry about something, doesn't make it true. I think the only thing you can do is to make sure you are taking good care of yourself, especially when you get pregnant again. Find relaxing things to do. Find ways to laugh. Keep in close contact with your doctor. Take your vitamins. Hopefully this will help take some of the worry away.

It has been so recent since your loss. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Not to sound cliche, but time will make things seem brighter and more hopeful. I hope you continue to lean on us for support. That's what we're here for, to support each other!

xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"