I want to stop fb my 7 mth old

2wantedpls

Mommy to a little prince
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post, as don't want to upset anyone.

My lil man is 7 months now, and I'm ready to stop breast feeding.

I am going back to work in 6 weeks I'm ready to share the night feeds & have a bit more freedom.

I have tried evertyithing to get him off, now he won't even let the teat get to his lips. He used to take a bottle as and when up to about 5 months ish but now point blankly refuses.

And it's starting to upset me.

I spoke to my HV about this but just suggested everything I have tried.

When I suggested going cold turkey he looked at me as if I was mad!

Also he's not eating very much (solids) either so I'm wondering if he feeds too much?

I also nurse him to sleep too, so I'm worried about getting him down for naps when I'm at work for 3 days a week.

I feel like I've failed him.

I don't remember it being this hard with my first.

I've tried cups, sippy & doidy. Moment he knows its milk he pushes away.

Im in a similar place.
I had to introduce the bottle as im back in work new years eve its been hard but shes now taking formula from the bottle.
I started by keeping the first and last feeds in the day and offering bottle in between at first she would just let it drain from her mouth then it was 2oz then 4oz I kept her solids as normal and making sure she was taking water with meals
Then last 10days i have dropped my bedtime feed and give the bottle if she wakes in the night i will still feed her (i cant be bothered with the hassle of bottles just yet) and i still give the first feed of the day for now.
All i can say is keep going its taken me 7 weeks to get to this point but im here.

Will he take a bottle from someone else? My LO won't take milk any way but from me if i'm anywhere nearby. If I'm out though she'll take it much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->