Icandy Pear?

PinkyPonk

Evie & Connies mummy <3
Reaction score
Hi I've just spotted an Icandy pear chassis for sale for £65 and I'm tempted to buy then buy the appropriate seat for Evie for it and when squiglette is soon to arrive buy another seat and the adaptors for that.
good idea?
or will it cost me alot?
I need a good pram that can go from single to double and since it would be a bloomin miracle for me to afford a baby jogger city I thought this may be the next best thing... yes? no?

I have the peach, but I saw a pear today, and it looked great! They're a lot cheaper than the peach too, kind of wish I'd gone for that now (although I do lurve my pushchair).

I have the icandy apple and recently upgraded it to the the pear. It is quite big and heavy but my kids love it they both look very comfy in it and most of the time manage to fall asleep in it.

I love it its the best pushchair i've ever had. my son still fits in the carrycot for the apple too and hes almost 6 months old i expected him to outgrow it around 3 months when he outgrew his moses basket but the carrycot is quite big.

couldnt reccomend it enough!

I have the icandy apple and recently upgraded it to the the pear. It is quite big and heavy but my kids love it they both look very comfy in it and most of the time manage to fall asleep in it.

I love it its the best pushchair i've ever had. my son still fits in the carrycot for the apple too and hes almost 6 months old i expected him to outgrow it around 3 months when he outgrew his moses basket but the carrycot is quite big.

couldnt reccomend it enough!

ohh I found out the chassis I bought is an apple chassis so I just need the seat and was gunna have DD in it until baby is born then buy then PIP converter :D
and the carrycot ect :D
where abouts did you get your PIP converter I've been looking around for one but they are hard to fine :cry:

I went on the icandy website and looked up the stockists nearest to me and rang round them to see who was cheapest.

I couldnt find anyone online who was selling them properly. When you buy a pip converter brand new you get the pip convertor, 2 pear seats, 2 raincovers and the wheels. But everyone who was selling them second hand was only selling them with one seat and telling people to use the apple seat with it but it looks stupid like that because the apple seat is so much bigger. So i decided to just buy a brand new one.

ookay thanks :D
I have a few months thank god so I'll save up :D

No problem, keep an eye out on ebay though you might get lucky. sometimes on ebay its cheaper to buy a pear rather than just the pip converter too.

I have an icandy pear, so if you have any questions just ask.

:)

Hi,

Can I be abit thick and ask a Icandy question as I think you ladies might know..

If I buy the Icandy apple, can I use eventually when having my second baby convert it to a 2 seater? ...

From what I can gather, Buy the Icandy apple, then when i need to double it up buy a PIP converter? and then it will change into a pram for 2 babies? or 1 babie/toddler?

Is that correct ... ?

also does anyone know if the Icandy Apple frame will fit into a Renualt clio boot? ..

yes thats what i did to convert mine.

Not sure about a clio boot they are very big pushchairs even the seat unit can take up alot of space and the frame is quite bulky all you could do is try it but if you did manage to make it fit it would be tight and you probably wouldnt be able to get the parcel shelf on and wouldnt get anything else in the boot.

Hi,

Can I be abit thick and ask a Icandy question as I think you ladies might know..

If I buy the Icandy apple, can I use eventually when having my second baby convert it to a 2 seater? ...

From what I can gather, Buy the Icandy apple, then when i need to double it up buy a PIP converter? and then it will change into a pram for 2 babies? or 1 babie/toddler?

Is that correct ... ?

also does anyone know if the Icandy Apple frame will fit into a Renualt clio boot? ..

If you have the apple you will have the "blue" seat. You will need to buy a pip converter and a "yellow" seat or carrycot or both. The blue seat (just the colour coding, not the actual colour) sits in the upper positon and the yellow seat goes in the lower position.

Not sure about it fitting into a Clio boot. We have a focus and it's a bit of a tight fit in there. They're pretty big!

When I got my pip Converter I got a blue and yellow seat because the pear seats are smaller your supposed to get two. It says this on the icandy website then if you want to convert a seat to a carrycot you need to buy the carrycot fabric too.

Ahhh coolio. I got mine as a job lot and because my blue seat fits the chassis as a single i just assumed it was an apple seat. the frame says apple on it you see.

yes thats what i did to convert mine.

Not sure about a clio boot they are very big pushchairs even the seat unit can take up alot of space and the frame is quite bulky all you could do is try it but if you did manage to make it fit it would be tight and you probably wouldnt be able to get the parcel shelf on and wouldnt get anything else in the boot.

Hmmmmm.... Ok, Thanks..DARN! :(

I think you may get it in the boot I managed to fit mine in the boot of a vw polo but had to take the parcel shelf off,and I couldn't fit anything else in! The blue seat of the pear is tiny IMO my ds1 who isn't a big boy really fills it and his head reaches the top,I use our apple seat on the pip converter and you can't really tell much of a difference unless you stare at it! I love love the pram it can get very heavy but stil very manageable both my boys are very comfy in it!

well I got an icandy pear (pip unit version) for a bargain price of £136 :haha:

BUT now im worried I wont fit it into the back of my fiesta? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"