Ice cube trays...help please

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I got some Annabel Karmel ice cube trays for freezing Divante's food...is it just me or is it a pain up the a** tryingto get them out! My hands were about to freeze messing with it.

It said on the box that as long as there is a lid on the ice cube tray i can store the frozen food in there...but is it still ok if i am taking food out of it day by day? It still stays covered though...(if im making sense??)

Also when i defrost...iv put it in the fridge for tommorow...do i have o cover it in the fridge?

Im sorry if im asking silly questions now :dohh: xx

I thought it was 3 months max that you could store frozen puree for - but I may be wrong so don' take my word for that!:dohh: I always used to take the cubes out of the trays & put them into labelledghly resealable freezer bags. Then when ready to use them I would take them out & just heat in the microwave, stir thoroughly & then serve when the right temp.

I haven't done alot of food for Colton, but I did do juice before (when he drunk less juice and it would go bad before teh 7 days your supposed to use it in). I always took the juice out and labeled it, but I imagine it would be fine if you left it in there covered. If you did alot of food though, you might end up with ALOT of ice cube trays in your freezer :lol:

I just use the cheap rubbery ice cube trays from tesco (99p each) and they work great. After the food is frozen I pop them into a sterilised chinese takeaway container and start again. Popping them out into another container helps with not having to spend a lot on loads of trays. x

i'd say yes cover it in the fridge and no, i dont think it matters if you remove the lid on the frozen food to remove a portion each day.

Personally I freeze my cubes then knock them out into a freezer bag so I can refill the trays. And my hands half freeze too. My ice cube trys dont have lids. I either cover them with cling film or just make sure they dont touch anything else before i pop them into the freezer bags.

these look good :)

https://www.strawberry-tiger.co.uk/acatalog/info-baby-cubes-stage-1.html

Just dunk the bottom of the frozen icecube tray in hot water a couple times to loosen the cubes from the tray.

Don't do it a long time, just a few dunks should do it. Then twist and pop' em out into your long term storage container... I use those disposable plastic containers with lids or ziploc bags.
:hug:

these look good :)

https://www.strawberry-tiger.co.uk/acatalog/info-baby-cubes-stage-1.html

Personally I wouldnt get them - I think they're one of those things that we can do without - ice cube trays are just as good. And you can empty them into the freezer bags and refill them lots of times to build up a good supply. With these you can only make as many as there are boxes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->