icsi in 2011?

Yep, no one can give any answers.Well not straight ones anyway :wacko: We can put down our estimates or referral dates or something and our clinics.

I spoon feed hubby zinc, multi vits, vitc and iron. Do you think i could make him rattle :haha:

We can encourage each other with the weight loss :thumbup:

yeah good idea im restarting diet on sunday and gotta drive some weight off before my hols on 24th jan!!

xx

Hi Lassies, can I share something with you that I thought was amusing today. My DH just started on his Wellman Conception Vits, as recommended by FS. This is added to his zinc, selenium and vit c. Oh yeah rattling alright! :wacko: Well the Wellman vits have Maca in them 250gm.I mentioned to my husband at some point over the last few days about the wonders of maca and what a very helpful (now pregnant) lady had said on these boards about it. Well lovely DH has thrown himself into getting that sperm count up and creating a miracle. I had to work today and he is still off on Christmas vacation. He is convinced the Maca threw his libido into overdrive and was waiting impatiently when I got home from work today to :sex:

I haven't a clue whether it will help his sperm count or not but it sure did improve his mood about all this and maybe give him some hope. He needed a boost as Im sure all your other halves do too. His good humour about it really made me :happydance: So god bless the maca. Even if it doesnt work, it gave us one evening out of the depths of the dulldrums.

He hasn't spoken to anyone about this yet at all. Well except an acupuncture lady he called today. i was surprised he rang her actually but I said it would be easier for him to talk about these things from home than me at work with colleagues around. He hasnt told his family yet (they are in the U.S. and we are in Ireland) but I emailed his sister to let her know. They were making plans for family vacations etc and I decided to just stop fibbing about it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have a baby and putting yourself out there to make it happen. How lucky we are to have these modern advances to avail of! :drunk:

Told some people at work today as I had to let the head honchos know I wouldnt be available for some big projects early next year. I just said IVF they dont need to know the reasons or ins and outs. I dont know if any of you girls have found this but I find it easier to have a full on conversation without falling apart at the seams with random people that dont have an impact on my private life. Some people give me the impression that they are almost afraid to ask and part of me just wishes they would so I could have a chat about it. It feels like something that has been left in the closet and all cloak and dagger and I can't figure out why. My own sister didnt tell a soul when she was going through years of treatment. When I had m/c it was a real eyeopener to just how many people do have problems.

My hope for 2011 is that infertility and all connected with it, is less taboo!

Sorry for yammering, just felt like a bit of a ramble.

Let me wish you all a Happy New Year and hopefully this time next year we will have happy stories to share. :happydance: :friends:

Oooog glad to ear your DH is being proactive and you both have something to focus on. There is no way I could get my DH to do acupuncture, he cant stand needles, it was like to a child to have his bloods done :haha:

Meca sounds good if it can improve his mood, it must be so hard for them. Might have to look into that, although I dont know how he would feel about taking another tablet hehe

I so agree about the taboo thing. Sometimes I get that stressed I think I would love and need to talk to someone but when I go to see people or meet up hardley anyone brings it up. I know they are doing it to be nice and dont want to upset me but I find it really hard to start the conversation of and I dont want them to think I am just moaning or going on and on about it. Does that make sense lol

The hardst person by far to tell about ICSI was my mum and dad, I was a reck. I think itis a lot of info for close friends and family to take in when they didnt even know you were TTC. I did feel a miilion times better when everyone knew and you get a lot less "when are you having kids" or "Dont you want a baby? what are you waiting for?"

It is a lot easier to tell random people. A lot less emotion

Does anyone else find they just say we are waiting for IVF??? Hardley anyone knows what ICSI is.

Gill, sorry you have had to pull out of a project, it will be worth it :hugs:

Its very suprising how many people have had ICSI/IVF babies or have friends that have or are going through it. You dont know this though until you "come out" as like you said, no one talks about. Less taboo please rraaahhhhh

Have a great new year girls. Lets hope that this time next year we are all big and fat and round with a baby bump or cuddling a new born :happydance::happydance:

Hi Ladies :flower:

Hope every one is well xx

Annie- I feel your pain dear and 2 years is certainly a long time :hugs: as you said our unborn kids will know one day the the adventures that mummy and daddy went to :hugs: Also Congratulations on your weight lost, Keep up the great work and 2011 has to be ours xx :hugs:

Tinks 85- Woow you got the appointments in very quickly, I just feel its pot luck with the area that you are in? London is not the easiest place to live in and when it comes to the NHS there bursting at their seams :nope: I was thinking of going home doing my treatments there but I know my husband will not like the idea of us being apart in this painful chapter of our lives and my job will not allow too much time off.. Im just shocked its costing a couple of hundreds already just for a few blood tests and an Ultra sound.. :cry: I dare not to think of how much all the drugs will cost for the ICSI :wacko: will cross that bridge when we get there. No more eating out or buying new stuff till all is sorted :angelnot:

Last night was a little good news, We were suppose to get my husbands Blood results on Monday but after work last night the Urologist called my Husband to go to the clinic as the blood tests and ultrasound came in within 24hours.

My husbands blood test was within the Normal range (Thank God) DH said the DR did not give a figure just said his LH and FSH and Teststrone are all fine :thumbup: Also ladies do you know if Ultrasounds can see any blockages? That came back ok, just said that the veins look a little bigger than usual (if you sit and stand for long periods it causes that?) and its a little inflamed again Urologist said that will sort itself out.

He has put my Husband on 50 mg on Clomid for the next 6 weeks and told him to continue with Zinc and Multi vitamins and wants him to do the 3rd sample than. March 4th will be his 3rd and final Semen Sample. Than from there we can get ICSI booked in :thumbup:

Urologist said once he sees if the Clomid has worked? and even though it was 2 that was found hopefully the Clomid would make them a strong healthy 2 [-o< and hopefully if theres any strong healthy Sperms even 1 we can go on to do ICSI :thumbup: Again this all Depends on Sperms that are found and if they are healthy? Im very nervous, and I just feel were hanging on a string of thread, I will try not to worry myself too much im sure with Clomid it must bring it up a little bit? :shrug:

Going to try and think Happy thoughts and we will see.

Wishing you all a happy and safe new year xx :hugs:

Will just wait and see now xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: for 2011 :wohoo:

Hi Nayla, We live near Blackpool. I feel very lucky that things have moved so quick. It doesnt feel quick at times but I know it is.

It would be hard to live apart when going through this but if you could save money it may worth talking about. GL

Sorry hun but I dont know about the ultrasounds, DH never had one. They checked my tubes with ultrasound but had to inject like a dye first.

Wow, test results in 24 hours??? Thats well quick. Guess thats what you are paying for though. Yey that they are normal :thumbup:

I have every croosed that the clomid will help.

Hey girls.

well I will try to loose some weight till ICSI too. So let´s start!:happydance:

DH ask today if I can help him tomorrow to get involved with Babyand bump in order to join the "men only corner". So exited. I think he will enjoy talking to other guys who understand what he is going through!:hugs:

Oh and before I forget: I whish you all a great NYE and a happy new year, may al our wishes come true!!!:cloud9::blue::pink::crib:

Just weighed myslef and my BMI is now 30.5 Ooops to much chocolate over Xmas. Not owrried as I can lose enough to get my below 30 in a week or 2 once the food stops flowing for Xmas and new year :haha:

hi all,

happy new year well girls this is it 2011 and our ivf/icsi stories are going to be created this year! im so glad i can now say im having ivf this year and maybe even a new years baby this year! im trying to start this year full of hope and remind myself were strong and we CAN do this!

there is a stigma about coming out about infertility but do you know what ive gone past worrying what others think or say because its happening to us and its important for me to cope by talking about it!

i havent got dh on the vitamins but maybe i ought to now ill buy him some tommorrow!

i love this thread it really makes me smile xx

Happy New Yearr!!!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Hope you all had a great start to the New year and are all thinking Happy thoughts when TTC is Involved! I guess were getting closer!

As Annie mentioned This is the year now that we will be getting our ICSI hopefully:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
Im so excited its crazy!!! There has to be alot of :bfp: in 2011 an hopefully we will all be seeing in the new year with a baby bump or a tiny baby!! :happydance: Aghhhhh (Breath innnnnn Breath Outttttt) lol I have wanted this so so badly and i just feel its a heart beat away!! :happydance:

Than a voice tells me this will not gurantee pregnancy as theres a 1001 things involved :wacko: Will they find healthy sperms thats valid for ICSI? Will my eggs behave? will my body be ok with the strong drugs and not reject it? will i Ovulate properly? I have so much whizzing in my head.. :wacko: I just keep think ICSI = Pregnancy I know from experience that life is full of surprises and its always easier to prepare for the worst :shrug:

Are any of you ladies just as worried as me that it might not work? Also I secretly want Twins even though I will be over the moon with 1 healthy baby, Can we ask the ICSI people do make sure they put extra eggs back in for twins??. Any of you also want twins?? Deep down i dont feel I will have the energy to do all this ICSI again in a another few years? I read in one forum a women has had each and every child VIA ICSI and she has 4 Kids, they were all Singleton :happydance:

Sorry when im nervous I can talk forever.. I promised my husband not to bring it up till March, but the minute the time hit 12 I was like this year we will be having a baby! :blush: He has lost hope with me... I live dream of being a Mother i just hope that I have been through the worst so far and things get easier and go as planned [-o<

Annie if you dont mind me asking is your husbands sperm count very low is that whY ICSI is being performed? I would definitely make him take Zinc as vitamins cant do any harm :thumbup: just for a piece of mind I guess.

Tinks 85- I think Blackpool is the place to live :thumbup: Thats excellent that they have looked after you so quickly, Did the Blue dye test hurt? i have done everything to check my bits and bobs. That test was the only thing left Gyno told me its V invasive can cause infections etc etc and suggested after 3 IUI if it didnt work on me she will do the Dye test?... As you know before the 1st IUI was ever performed my husbands semen analysis was ZERO :dohh: and my whole 16 Month of TTC all made sense in a second :dohh:

But I thinking nearer to March I will ask my GYNO to do the dye test on me before I do ICSI, Or do you think theres really no need to check it as ICSI will over ride it? :shrug: Im sure there not blocked and its fine im just paranoid, dont want anything to hinder my ICSI :wacko:

Im just getting so excited right now. I cant wait for the day i have a Bump and I tell my loved ones im having a :baby:

Good Luck to us all! xx:dust: to 2011 and beyond :kiss:

You have just put all my hopes and fears in one post Hun it looks like we all have the same hopes and fears but because were on our own in our real lives we don't realise how rational these thoughts are!

I would love twins but it would not stop me from trying for another go at icsi as I'd love three children but right now would feel blessed to have one healthy happy baby x

we know of no actual reason why dh sa results were so poor but he's a chef and drives alot so I do think this may have caused the problem .

We agreed to one final sa to rule out iui as the total motile sperm per ml = 0.13 I think that's not good at all and that's why it seems likely we will have icsi. Consultant says if iui is possible I will have the dye test to check tubes are not blocked before proceeding. She then proceeded to say when I see you next we can plan for your icsi treatment so I truly believe she thinks it's the only way forward for us so 3rd feb we will be signing consent forms for either iui or ivf I guess!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!:friends::ninja:
same hopes and dreams :yipee:mixed with the same fears over here:shrug:. But........girls......it is 2011 now...........we are closer to ICSI and stuff than ever:plane:............an........YES WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::baby::dance:

Hi, I wonder if I can join your board. We'll be going for our second icsi this year, hopefully around April/May time. Sorry to put a dampner on things, but this is our second go as our first go didn't work last month.
Nayla - I'm really interested to know what your docs have told you about your DH and the reason behind so many dead sperm. My DH's first test cam back with 100% immotile (all basically dead) and his second came back 4% good fast swimmers, but 70% of them were dead, which is v high. The gyno just dismissed it and said most of the time these problems are unexplained so there was nothing they could do about it. We just had icsi and they found enough good sperm, but we had low fertilisation. In the end we had four good quality embryos.
I just wondered how clomid helps with this?

Nayla, I worry about that every day hun :hugs: We have to stay as possitvie as possible though and I am hoping this thread will help with that.

My Hycosy (the dye test) did hurt but the real bad pain was only for about 5 minutes, for most of the time its just not nice and uncomfy. It quite invasive but the sonographer and nurses were lovely. It took about half an hour in all. Dont worry to much about it, its not as bad as you imagine. In this area the fertility clinic will not accept you if you have not had this done.

I am a twin and have always wanted to have twins as me and my sister are so close and have the best relationship you could wish for. I have been told though that they avoid multiples at all cost and depending on your age and egg quality they quite often just put back one. The ladies that have told me this had teatment on the NHS, private may be different. I am going to try my hardest to get 2 put back though and I know for sure they do sometimes :winkwink:

Lou, I am so sorry your first go didnt work hun :hugs: I really dont know how I will cope with that. Did you prepare yourself before hand and not get your hopes up? I wish you all the luck in the world for round 2, will it be FET?

Happy new year to everyone. This will be our year.

It is exciting to think our dreams could come true this year, cant let myself think to much like that though :dohh:

Hi Ladies :hi:

I guess were all nervous with ICSI, I try and put a strong and brave face for my Husband but I know it will be a challenge, as its a very very tricky procedure and the professionals ALL need to work perfectly and on time, as 1 hiccup can cause a :nope: Like you mentioned Tink 85 we need to stay strong and think whatever happens we will get our baby 1 day :hugs:

Lou32- Hugs coming your way :hugs: again I cant imagine coming so far in your journey and it was a No, But please hang in there Hun. I read this story two days ago in the 'Fertility Friend' website a women had 4 ICSI and they were all a No, she said that she would give it a try one last time and ready to call it a day :cry: and on her 5th ICSI she got pregnant!! :happydance: (Honestly i asked myself would i have the strength doing ICSI 5 Times?? :shrug:, having read her story I think I will just keep going and going, we have to get there in the end :thumbup:) as theres REAL stories out there.

In regards to my husbands results we got it on the 14th Dec a little over 2 weeks ago it was ZERO and 1 dead.. Few days ago we got his 2nd sample they found 2 but very weak ones. Urologist did not really explain anything to my husband in regards to a blockage or a solid explanation? all blood tests were within range, and the ultra sound was fine :thumbup: I think his conclusion is that my husbands produces very very low sperms and its at the verge of zip zero :cry: I so wished he had maybe 100 sperms or 200, we are really skating on very very thin ice :nope:

He gave my Husband Clomid 50mg to take for the next 6 weeks and said maybe just maybe it will help a little? as with some men it makes a huge difference in the strength and number of sperms, but with other men it makes no difference 50/50 chance I guess :shrug: im so scared his 3rd sample might come back Zero again? or the number of sperms may go up a little but are still weak..? :shrug: Honestly hun its an awful situation to be in, as I keep trying to tell myself sperms will be found in the 3rd sample and off to ICSI I will go :cloud9: Urologist said on the 4th March if everything looks good we will get booked :happydance: Depending where I am in my cycle maybe April or May?

Lou32 I really have faith that all will go well for you. Have you gone private? and how was the whole ICSI was it draining im worried about when they collect the eggs, Sorry for asking questions but would love to hear 1st hand about how it is all done? but I think women have to skip a month before they do ICSI again? Hang in there Hun :hugs:

Tinks 85- Thanks for the explanation about the dye, and wooow your a twin! it would be ideal if you had twins also, Like you said im sure we can twist their arms in placing 2 back in :winkwink:

Anni- I also dreamt of having 3 babies! Nothing is impossible :hugs: I was looking forward for IUI before my DH S/A Results came in ( I keep thinking of the Backup Plan Movie with JLO looked very simple and easy! lool every one gets pregnant 1st time in movies :dohh: that isnt real life) I have heard you need millions and millions of healthy sperms for IUI to be close to success and theres a 25% chance, hit and miss I guess.. If its possible do give it a try as its much easier and less invasive, Things start getting messy and serious with IVF, I look forward in what happens :hugs:

Really looking forward for 2011 and the magic it brings :dust:

Thanks to you both. Unfortunately we won't be doing FET as, even though we had three good spare embryos, the embryologist advised we try get them to day five blasts before freezing and they didn't make it. She said that often couples froze on day three and it was giving false hope as, if they didn't make it to day five, there was little chance of them surviving the freezing process. Right now a little false hope would be nice though, as crazy as it sounds!
Nayla - Don't worry about the icsi process. I did the short protocol (my choice, as I'd been ill all year and I thought it would be less draining as you don't need to down regulate, you just go straight to stimming. They told me there was little difference between the two). The SP was pretty easy to be honesty. It's a little strange injecting at first, but it becomes second nature and really hardly hurts. The egg collection was pretty easy too. The sedation meant I was quite out of it and it and it wasn't too painful at all. I wouldn't mind doing it again. I did feel quite sore afterwards as they collected 14 eggs, but that calmed down after a while. By far the hardest part was waiting for the fertilisation report and the 2ww. I was upset the whole time and convinced it hadn't worked, which of course it hadn't! I was really upset the hospital refused to put two embryos back in and I was convinced one wouldn't give us enough chance. They said because of my age (32) that I had a good prognosis and UK rules stated they could only put one back. Looking back, I wish I'd made more of an effort to relax as I felt defeated from that day.
That was our first and only free go on the NHS, so once we have our review consultation to find out where it all went wrong (so far they've said it all went well and that we're a victim of statistics) we will decide which clinic to go to next. I don't want to stay with the NHS hospital and pay as I figure if we have to fork out nearly £5k we may as well go to a nicer clinic. I'm starting to think about Care Sheffield, but we have a while to decide as it will take a while to save up.
I really really hope it all works out for you all. Honestly, I was expecting to be in a lot of pain (esp as I have a painful bladder complaint and I thought I'd be in lots of pain with that too), but it wasn't bad at all. The waiting and anticipation is worse than going through it. You hear so many horror stories on the internet that it can cause unnecessary worry (believe me, I'm a chronic worrier and Googler!)

Fingers crossed we all get our BFPs this year!!!

PS - Nayla, I'd love to hear how the clomid works out as I might mention that to our gyno in our appt. My OH is on a cocktain of vits, but so far docs not done any tests or helped with the sperm issues, just said icsi only option.

Lou :hugs::hugs: Sounds like you have been very unlucky, first of all it not working and then with the embryo's not surviving :hugs:

If you dont mind me asking, where abouts in the UK are you and which PCT are you under? Will they only fund 1 cycle???? That seems harsh :growlmad:

I have not spoken to anyone who has had short protocal, how many weeks did that take? Would you recomend doing that rather than Long?? Sorry for all the questios :blush:

Really pleased to hear that the treatment was not as bad as you thought it would be. I must admit I am dreading the injections. I am not scared of needles its the thought of having to pierce your skin, does that make sense??

If you are paying private then in may be better to go to a totally private clinic, does make sense. Have you checked out the clinics on the HFEA website?

The urologist never mentioned anything to us about clomid either. DH was wondering about it but we forgot to bring it up. As you will know, you are in a bit of a daze after they have delivered the bad news.

Evening!

Sorry to sort of gate crash and use the thread to gleam some info! We had our referral last week and have our planning appointment booked for 13/01/11 and have all our forms at the ready but I wanted to know what actualy happens at this appointment as I don't wanna go getting excited about it if we end up having a long wait after this appointment. We have had so many ups and downs that I can't deal with too many disappointments :cry:

FS said we should be looking at March I think that being ET point but again I'm not sure, it says they have no waiting list :shrug:

Thanks Girls!

:dust:

Sorry I cant help Cuffy as you are a littler further along than me, our FS has sent our referral but we have not heard from clinic yet or signed any forms. I just wanted to say good luck anyway. I am sure someone else maybe able to help :thumbup:

Keep us informeed :flower:

wow cuffy thats quick!!! im awaiting icsi planning appt and think i will start asap after that but was last seen on 02nd dec next seen feb 3rd. theres also no waiting list at my clinic.

where do you all live? how old are u all?

nayla= its unlikely we could have iui but we agreed to a extra sa test to rule out as i agree if we can give it a go we will

lou im sorry that cycle no 1 didnt work but im sure like the rest of us this year is your year xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->