Idea formed from 'richer people' thread...

P

Pandora11

It's interesting to see what makes people happy, how different posters would have been happier with more money and some not. I thought it would be interesting to share with each other what is something (material wise) that has great value to you, to show what has meaning to different people.

For example, in the event of a national disaster/house fire/going on the run(lol), after the kids/partners/pets/phones/laptops/debit cards/important paperwork were safe, what would you grab? What item(s) would you be sad about if in ten years you no longer had them?

Edit

Really interesting/sweet answers guys.

After my DH, dog, tortoise, fish, it would be my laptop because it has all my photos on, wedding album, the box with the bits from my childhood/teens (i lost almost all of my belongings as a teen), my sketchbooks(years of drawing my emotions lol) a jewellery stand that was a gift from my first valentines day with DH, reels of my writing, my signed Cecelia Ahern book (it means a lot to me as she's an inspiration to me),... if i had a kid i wouldn't have enough hands for all the other stuff so it would be my family/pets, wedding album, laptop.

Oh god, after all of that i would be dead in my hypothetical fire!

My pile of note books.( the old fashioned paper ones!) I always have one in my bag to sketch or plt ideas, they contain flowers, leaves and all sorts of musings. I have a pile of 8 of them and I frequently refer back to them.

Tbh as long as hubby, boy and the cat were safe I wouldn't be bothered about anything else. I've moved around a lot and had my childhood thrown out so I don't tend to hold onto 'stuff' :)

Tbh as long as hubby, boy and the cat were safe I wouldn't be bothered about anything else. I've moved around a lot and had my childhood thrown out so I don't tend to hold onto 'stuff' :)

I'm the same - I think I'd probably grab photo albums, just because I spent a lot of time getting them nice (still not complete but nearly lol) and they're the family memories.

My laptop! But only because all my photos of my boys are stored on there..still not got any printed!
Im quite a hoarder though and id be devastated to loose los toys ect..
When I was younger I had such a fear of our house catching on fire that I would put all my valued possessions in bin bags so they were ready to grab if anytjinh happened!

Just my family and kitty. The rest doesn't matter so much!
Xx

After all that list top priority would be my china angel my nan got me, these days it's kept in a keepsake box with some other nice bits so i suppose it would b the box I would grab x

Once my family and the dog were safe.. my memory box and laptop because it has 1000's of photo's stored on it.

Anything with photos of the kids on like my laptop and phone but that's probably it.

Alexs neonatal box.

Apart from my photos, I would have to say my jewellery. It has more sentimental value than actual financial value.

I think anything with sentimental value.

I'd grab as much of Freya's things as i could. I have nothing from my childhood as it was all thrown out or sold so i keep everything of Freya's, if she wants to throw it out when she's older she can but at least she will have the choice.
Also any sentimental jewellery that i can leave to her when i go.

Eoins memory box, my OH and I both agree in event of a fire, as long as LO save, first priority is Eoins memory box, it's all we have of him. Would be ddistraught if we lost it.

:hugs: the same for me. My girls memory boxes and the necklace the girls on here bought me with their hand and footprints

My girls blankets made from their first clothes. So many memories in one thing. I love to look at them and now I can tell poppy a bit more about hers it more special to me.

My expensive headphones, my bell tent, my laptop, my dad's paintings and a few very pricey items from my wardrobe! Maybe I'm more materialistic than I like to think :haha:

The first thing I would probably grab (after my LO and OH of course) would probably be my computer and camera. They're always next to each other so I wouldn't need to go hunting for them. I got 1000s upon 1000s of photos on both and I'd be devastated if I lost them.

A lot of memory stuff (like LOs first clothes etc) are in a plastic box in the basement - we live on the third floor so chances are a fire wouldn't reach the basement.

After LO hubby and the cat where safe the only thing I would be upset (actually extremely balling my eyes out about) would be the back up hard drive with all photos of LO and my family and such on.
Yes theres other stuff I would be upset about but I think that's the main one but most of the stuff is on a cloud account or 2 so most of it I would still be able to get back.

Computer, camera, cell phone/charger (lol).

That about sums it up. I'd have my pictures, a way to take pictures and with my phone I can still run life fairly normally (i.e. internet/contacts/bill paying/ broadcasting internet to my computer LOL).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->