Idea formed from 'richer people' thread...

After Maria and laptop and phone were safe then Hobbes for Maria, the back up hard drive with all my photos on, my Flat Earth Society membership coin and jewellery box (all sentimental stuff, not worth anything though)

I have a box with my kids bits like amelies hosp bands, cord clamp, first outfits, first shoes etc that id take. That's it really other than pics phone etc

Nothing really, I don't care too much for 'things'

After the boys and DH I would grab their teddy bear which was originally my teddy from when I was a baby...

Probably nothing apart from oh, lo and pets. I'd be really disappointed to lose my photos but my parents and im laws also have plenty. I lost a lot of pictures in the past including some really special times when I was younger and it was sad but I still remember it all regardless. If there was a fire or similar I would definitely panic too much to think of grabbing things! Ideally I'd like to collect my childhood cuddly toy Rabbitina, she's so special to me and I imagine her having a personality and being real so I wouldn't want her to be in a fire, I think I'd miss her most but otherwise i'm not very sentimental.

Id grab my computer and wedding album. Everything else is replaceable! Now if I knew I had time, I'd start gathering up all the quilts I've made- those are really important to me too

Photos, mobile phone, Vincent's toy rabbit and if I had lots of time then a few favourite books

I keep our families memory box in Niamh's room as if there was a fire my first thought would be to get to her, my second to get the important stuff so I wouldn't have to go back hunting for it.

My photos are all backed up on line on 2 separate sites so I'm not worried about that. And the only other thing I would grab would be a couple of toys that were mine as a child and now Niamh has them. Oh, maybe my makeup kit too, as a lot of it is old school and would be hard to replace. But technically it's my livelihood.

my daughter, my phone & my laptop. they both have pictures on. Also the box of LOs baby bits. tbh i wouldnt miss much else.. apart from my bed. :haha:
but i dont actually have much here.. all my childhood stuff is at my mums. xx

Albums, and my kids fav stuffies, things you cant replace:)

I guess almost anything can be replaced. Just my laptop that has pictures of my mom. I really need to get them backed up somewhere.

I'm actually more fond of my truck than most "items" so if the house was on fire I'd move it away from the house!

We had a house fire when we were kids and lost everything. No photos of when we were kids were able to be saved, nothing. So after my family is safe then if I had the chance I'd maybe grab photos but to be honest...this is precisely the reason I upload them all online as they are irreplaceable if they got burnt in a fire! X

I'd honestly struggle to choose what to save in a fire.

Obviously once LO and OH were safe though, I'd do my best to grab as much as possible. Luckily the majority of the things I'd want to save are downstairs in the livingroom (which is where my front door is) so if I had time, I'd save my Alienware laptop (since it cost a LOT of money), then I'd do my best to get as many of my games out as possible, starting with the most valuable/hardest to replace copies (as we have a massive collection of limited editions) xx

After LO hubby and the cat where safe the only thing I would be upset (actually extremely balling my eyes out about) would be the back up hard drive with all photos of LO and my family and such on.
Yes theres other stuff I would be upset about but I think that's the main one but most of the stuff is on a cloud account or 2 so most of it I would still be able to get back.

After Maria and laptop and phone were safe then Hobbes for Maria, the back up hard drive with all my photos on, my Flat Earth Society membership coin and jewellery box (all sentimental stuff, not worth anything though)

Considering how many people are saying photos I'm surprised more people don't back up their photos as its so easy.
Also worth keeping receipts for expensive things like laptops in someone else's house so you can claim back the right amount from the insurance company.

That said as long as hubby was safe it would be my jewellery box as I have some of my granny's jewellery and almost all of it was gifts so has sentimental value.

Nothing really beside LO, OH and pets. All my pictures are uploaded to private albums on photobucket. I'd probably only want Brooke's baby book I've made but all the pics I could get back xx

I would grab something my Mom made... I have so many in my house, but probably the water color she did years back that I always admired and she finally gave to me... right now, my answer would be her ashes. As I have a little bit of them that sit next to a picture of her (with me) on our mantel. But, soon, they will be spread by her "tree" in our backyard- her tree is a dogwood that my aunts bought me after she passed and had shipped up her to OR from Cali. We planted it in the backyard- it was one of my Mom's favorite trees. So I plan to spread them around the root- but want to give it time to grow a bit first and wait till the summer heat has passed.

I would also grab the keep sake box from when my LO was a newborn-- there are many more boxes since then, but this has her wrist band from the hospital and her first little outfit she wore home etc...

There is SO much I have sentimental attachments too- but end result, long and my family was physically safe... what else could I really ask for.

Good thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->