Ideas to help insomnia anyone?

Confused75

1st trimester
Reaction score
Hi guys. I was wondering if I could pick your brains? I'm only almost 7 weeks and for the last week I've been waking up at 2am and not able to go back to sleep. I work full time and have epilepsy so sleep is kind of important right now. I know should the baby stick I'll be sleep deprived anyway but I'm just so tired at the moment.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm exactly the same keep waking up, like ping!!! It's 2am let's get up. It's awful.. I'm interested to read the replies to help me too x

I had awful, awful insomnia early on. The only thing that really helped me was going for a longish walk with my dog a few hours before bed. That way I was extra tired and didn't get up. .. except to pee lol

Maybe try an oil diffuser with some lavender, also I wasn't sleeping great and so I bought a new pillow, it helped me a lot- one more tip is if you're feeling restless, don't try to force yourself to sleep, maybe try reading a book (but nothing that will get your heart pumping)

I find that I am exhausted throughout the day and that at night when im in bed ready to finally sleep I am wide awake. Then I just end up tossing and turning until I finally fall asleep and proceed to wake up every two hours! I find making sure i'm a perfect temperature helps a lot, not too hot not too cold. Loose fitting clothing that would ride up or down, soothing music in the background or the sounds of something you find soothing like a waterfall or fire crackling...i use my computer and listen to the sounds of a thunderstorm..just little things that work for you! my next purchase will be a boppy pillow!

good luck xox

Ladies I'm afraid it sticks around for a few more weeks. I had it terribly, I've now stopped waking at 2am, and instead I wake at 5am & don't go back off which is a bit better. It's a nightmare when you think you have the whole pregnancy to get through before baby comes with sleepless nights lol. Apparently it's the rise in hormones. Hoping I'll sleep normal again come 2nd tri, but you go back to it in 3rd tri!

It's safe to take a small amount of benadryl if you need it to make you sleepy during pregnancy. Resting your brain is very important for you, even if you only take medication once every few days to catch up on sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->