If I see or read one more...

Laura726

Mama x3
Reaction score
If I see one more, "I'm pregnant!" announcement on Facebook or see one more pregnancy ad or app I think I'll scream. I swear I've had four or five friends recently announce that they're pregnant on Facebook(without trying). It must be nice. Every time I go on there, I swear someone else is pregnant. Every time I turn around there is a pregnancy commercial, pregnancy ad or pregnancy announcement. It's making me feel bitter.

Definitely in the same boat!!! I swear the pregnancy adds, movies, statuses, posts, etc are following me around... And yet, all my friends get pregnant without even trying... Pfft.

I know right and they make sure to say, we had an oops or we weren't trying, blah, blah, blah. It's frustrating.

Ditto. Nearly a year of trying and nowt. Yet friends accidently get pregnant grhhhh xx

I have stayed off of FB for that exact reason. 6 people in a week and a half announced their pregnancies. All have babies who just turned 1. Must be nice!

Can i just say i felt the same way for 18 months. It was gut wrenching. I was depressed for months on end. I legit had about 6 announcements in 1 month..i cried for days and that was at about the year mark of trying for us. I can definitely relate how you all feel.

Praying you all get that bfp this month! :hugs:

Yep, I've had a couple of friends announce in the last week or so, and a couple more recently gave birth. I have another who made fun of me when she found out how much work I'm putting into this, saying "just let it happen!" Easy for her to say... she didn't waste most of her reproductive adult life in an abusive marriage, suffer repeat miscarriages, deal with a lengthy recovery time after an awful D&C...

...some days, it's hard not to be bitter. I counter it by being as positive as I am capable of!

Facebook gave me one of their suggested posts that was "Need More help With your Twins". All I could think of was what do you know that I don't?

Three years of happy joyful pregnancy announcements and I am slowly turning into that bitter person. They make me cringe every time and I don't think I will ever be immune.

It's REALLY HARD!! I used to get so upset and burst into tears every time someone put something on facebook or I hear through someone else that "so and so" was pregnant. You do get over it after awhile, you learn to just take it in your stride......of course every now and again you hear or one and burst into tears again, but it happens a lot less often.

We were very actively trying for about 3.5 years(fertility doc and all) before we got our (natural) BFP a few weeks ago and I had literally put it out of my head completely! decided to take a break from all the doctors and just forget about it for a while. Decided to get even more fit and healthy and planned a trip to Paris for this Christmas....and BOOM!

I know there's nothing worse than when people say to "just relax, go on a holiday, forget about it" blah, blah, blah....but it worked for me :)

Don't worry you will get past it all eventually.

No kidding! It is a struggle! I have had 4 people close to me recently get pregnant and either say "we weren't even trying, we must be sooo fertile" or "it was just our first try, we must be sooo fertile" ugh!
A friend recently told me "stop trying and it'll happen" - stop trying? like, stop having sex? people are silly :-\

I wish there was less of a stigma to what we are going through and that society was more aware of how common fertility issues are. Then people would be a little more sensitive I think and we wouldn't feel quite so isolated.

Yep, I've had a couple of friends announce in the last week or so, and a couple more recently gave birth. I have another who made fun of me when she found out how much work I'm putting into this, saying "just let it happen!" Easy for her to say... she didn't waste most of her reproductive adult life in an abusive marriage, suffer repeat miscarriages, deal with a lengthy recovery time after an awful D&C...

...some days, it's hard not to be bitter. I counter it by being as positive as I am capable of!

I'm sorry you went through that. Hugs.

I'm struggling more I think this month as if I hadn't of miscarried in July baby would of been due end of the month. I so thought I would of been pregnant by now.
Babydust and love to all x

I'm so sorry, Ckelly. That must be tough. :( It'll happen, just hang in there!

Tell me about it, I'm happy for them but so hard not to feel down at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->