If you could give a new mum one piece of advice

JUst wanna say, this thread was a brilliant idea toria! Wish there were threads like this when I had my first lil one!

Just be relaxed,sleep as much as possible and ENJOY it! Even when it's rough. :)

Mine would be.. don't stress over work/school, there are more important things in life. & when they're this young they grow very fast & are never this small again, so take lots of pictures, don't let work/school bother you & enjoy just being with your LO.

I love this thread.

Made a sticky

x

1) Don't let anyone tell you how to raise your own child. It is your child and you know what's best for him/her

2) Don't sweat the small stuff. Dishes and laundry don't have to be done immediately.

3) There WILL be hard days, frustrating days when all you want to do is scream/cry/or both. Always remember that they don't last and tomorrow is a new day.

Nice reading through all these :D

You will get much advice from allsorts of people, listen, take it in, use what works best for you.
You can listen to advice but it doesnt neccessarily mean what was right for someone else is right for you, dont be afraid of that.
xxx

This is a lovely thread. Really enjoyed reading it. :D

my advice would be if people offer to help, take it.

Mother's Instinct does exist and is usually right.

New piece of advice.

Expect the worst. :dohh: If you don't expect to get a nights sleep, if you don't, you won't miss it and will enjoy it if you do. If you expect it, you'll be dying to go to sleep and get very frustrated!

Baby powder

Put a little in your hand away from baby, the size of a 10p, then just use your finger to put a bit under each of baby's armpits and a bit at the back of their knees after a bath.

Health visitors don't recommend covering baby completely from head to toe anymore but a little in these 2 vital places will make sure babys skin doesn't get soggy and crack.

I agree toria... expect the worse!! I didnt expect the sleep deprivation to be so bad!

Takes loads of pics... on a DAILY basis... thank god for digital!!

And if you are determined to bf put them to the breast as much as possible and if you decide not to bf/or are unsucessful dont feel bad about it!!

I actually have a few things to say:

I know how overwhelming parenting can be, especially when you are a first time mom and getting used to the routine with your new baby. BUT, no matter how overwhelmed you feel or tired, cherish the moments. Truly, before you know it, 1 day becomes 1 month, then 6 months and then 5 years old, etc. In a blink of an eye, babyhood, the toddler years, etc. go far to0 fast. Cherish the newborn stage, cherish each day, cherish each development, etc.

Secondly, bring your child up how you want in terms of feeding, potty training, etc. Advice is nice, but you are the one who will know your child inside and out and when he or she is ready to take the next steps, you will know what you think is best for your child and what you are comfortable with, etc. As long as your child is happy and healthy, that is the main thing.

:hugs:

i have another one try not to compare ur baby to others everyone is different and develop at different rates whether its development milestones or weight gain x

expect the unexpected, enjoy every second and be happy

h x

My advice: Live for now, milestones are nice, but just because so and so's baby did this before yours doesn't mean anything. Enjoy them as they are now because they grow so fast. My newborn baby girl is growing to be a lovely little princess shining with personality.

xx

Make time for you and your OH after the baby comes. Its so easy to forget about each other in the first few weeks as you're dealing with the challenges of being first time parents. But never forget that you're in this together and that you still need to be a couple and give each other support. Whether its just snuggling on the couch and watching a movie while the baby sleeps or going out for a little family stroll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->