If you could name your children anything you wanted

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
What would they be called?
If you didn't have to factor in anyone else's opinion, whether it was too "out there" or too "boring" or whether siblings names would go together?

Michael would be the name of my little boy, but looks like it will be his middle name instead...only problem is that we can't decide on a first name 😒

I would choose the names they already have :haha:
For any future children, William for a boy and Emily for a girl:)

I love the name Isla but DH has said never.

Isla Marie or something similar.

I really like Aria and Isla for girls. But they aren't really appropriate for where I live...

The pronounciation of Isla would be kind of botched (ee -s (as in the word stair) - la (like -lah-, but without the silent h to make it sound softer), with the emphasis on ee).

And Aria is really uncommon/mostly used for dogs and other animals.

I also like the name Noah for a boy. I could use it, but it's still kind of out there... Which I really don't have the guts for :)

It's good that I also really love some classical names that are geographically more common here :)

I have and will call my kids anything I want without taking anyone else into consideration :haha:

That being said, some of the names I like that my OH has vetoed - Caleb, Bodhi, Theo, Leo, Memphis, River and about 100 others LOL

At this stage if LO is a boy he'll be called Silas and for a girl we have Eva..

I loved Hannah but it didn't go with our surname.

I also really liked Lucy but I have a cousin called that, in fact my cousins have a lot of my favourite names.

I've loved Clementine since I first saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but everyone I've mentioned that to has looked at me like I'm a loon. :haha: DH said the only real nickname option would be Clem which I think is cute but he thought it sounded like someone clearing their throat... sigh.

Also love Ophelia but it's a tad outside my comfort zone, seems like a name with big shoes to fill.

For a boy I'd probably go with Atticus, DH hates it.

I have always had my own way with names! Even this time ha! He was admant i wouldnt win him over!

With J, I wanted to call her Willow but I am glad we went with Jade because although loads of people are called Jade, I do not know many her age. Plus it suits her.

If I had anymore I really dont know. This 4th was super hard.

I've loved Clementine since I first saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but everyone I've mentioned that to has looked at me like I'm a loon. :haha: DH said the only real nickname option would be Clem which I think is cute but he thought it sounded like someone clearing their throat... sigh.

Also love Ophelia but it's a tad outside my comfort zone, seems like a name with big shoes to fill.

For a boy I'd probably go with Atticus, DH hates it.

What about Tina for Clementine?

Theodore... But it is way too close to our surname to ever use it :(

Anything related to Harry Potter if I'm honest, but DH has only accepted the possibility of Lily. Other than that my favourite boys name is Eli which DH originally hated, but by way of some miracle he likes it now and I get to name my baby boy Eli! I'm so happy about it

Harry for a boy. And Matilda for a girl (although you can imagine why I won't ever get this one, as everyone just thinks of the film!) However OH loves tilly so I suppose that's a compromise. Also Love evie OH doesn't.

Harry for a boy. And Matilda for a girl (although you can imagine why I won't ever get this one, as everyone just thinks of the film!) However OH loves tilly so I suppose that's a compromise. Also Love evie OH doesn't.

My niece is Matilda & she only ever gets called Tilly 😀

I really wanted my youngest to be Matilda but wasn't allowed it. Wouldn't bother me about the film. We compromised on Sophie instead.

My little boy got the name I loved and wanted which is Winter. We love it and although we knew we'd get some negativity we didn't care, couldn't imagine him with another name now :)

My little boy got the name I loved and wanted which is Winter. We love it and although we knew we'd get some negativity we didn't care, couldn't imagine him with another name now :)

Oh my gosh, I love the name Winter!

Annabeth Raine for a girl.... I'm trying so hard to get DH to like Annabeth but I don't think I'll get him to like Raine. And then Leonidas for a boy.... don't know if I'll get that one either lol
Still have plenty of time though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->