If you had your time again ... would you?

Lizzybee

Mom to 1, StepMum to 1
Reaction score
If you knew what you know now would you have a child after 35?
I have one already but will be at least 37 if OH agrees to have another.
Should I just be happy with what I've got and forget about having #2? I know no-one can answer that but I'm interested to know what it is like truthfully to have 2 young children in your late 30's.

I absolutely would have another baby knowing what I know now. I'm 35. I have 4 with number 5 on the way. My kids are 17, 15,13 and 7.5 months old. We are thrilled to have another. It I had my wan I'd still have one more; total of 6!! I think its huge decision for anyone and honestly a very personal one. I cant answer what its like to have 2 young Kids past 35,.yet. But In honestly not scared I'm excited!

I'm 4 months pregnant with number 2 and had my first at 39 (I´ll be 41 when I have this one). I´ve been with my OH for 20 years so we just decided to leave it late in life to start! I definitely don´t have any issues with having them later in life, the only thing that stressed me more was the fact that I wasn´t sure I´d be able to have them with my being older, and also I didn´t have the time to space them out as much. Other than that, I feel like it was a perfect time to have them.

Had my first at 36, second at 38 and will be 41 when this one arrives. I wouldn't change a thing :)

I had my first at 35, and I am now 18 weeks with number two. I will be 8 upon delivery, i am so excited. I imagine it will be busy and exhausting, but I am an only child and did not want my daughter to be one if possible.

I'll be 39 in April and expecting number 8! So yes is my vote!

I absolutely would have another baby knowing what I know now. I'm 35. I have 4 with number 5 on the way. My kids are 17, 15,13 and 7.5 months old. We are thrilled to have another. It I had my wan I'd still have one more; total of 6!! I think its huge decision for anyone and honestly a very personal one. I cant answer what its like to have 2 young Kids past 35,.yet. But In honestly not scared I'm excited!

I think you should go for number 6! I'll be 39 in April and I'm expecting number 8. My feeling is you will never regret the children you have, but you may regret the one you wanted and didn't have.

That is so very true! I will have to remember that when my hubby and I discuss the possibility of number 6. I better wait till number 5 vacates the uterus first! :flower:

Well, your already having one shows that you know what lies ahead, and that should be a good indication of how you'll do with #2 at any age! I had my first at age 38 (almost 39) and am having my second at 40 (almost 41). I WISH I'd been in a position to have them earlier in life, but not too much earlier, so 37 sounds just about right to me! I'm glad I had a lot of time to accomplish my life goals (education, fitness, travel, etc) and I was ready to move on to the next phase of a family life. On the other hand, I am SO TIRED all the time. I know most (all?) new moms are, but I do wonder if pregnancy & the baby's first year have hit me especially hard because I am older. But I think 37 is still pretty young.

I had my kids at 26, 27, 28 & 39 and I'll be 43 when this one is born. The only difference age has made is that I'm more chilled out in pregnancy and as a parent.

I love having heart-to-heart girl conversations with my 16-year-old just after reading my 2-year-old his bedtime story.

You are all making me feel so much better about this. O really hope that DH agrees to a second (3rd for him). I don't want LO to feel like an only child as his sibling is 17 years older than him.

Very happy with my two, born when I was 36 and 38, and OH 48 and 50. If it wasn't for his age, I would be pretty tempted to have one more!

I was 36 with dd and I'm 38 with this baby. My dh and I've been married 15 yrs. and we just happened to decide 2 yrs ago to try and I'm happy we did. We wanted dd to have a sibling so age has not stopped us- thankfully.

No regrets here. Had dd at 35 and I'll be 41 when this one comes along. It has taken us 7 yrs for me to hang on to my 2 babies longer than a few weeks so I guess in theory I would've been a younger mum when we started ttc but I honestly think age is just a number!!
Xx

I had my first dd when I was 37, and my 2nd dd on my 42nd birthday! We tried for two years for our second. The evening after she was born, when I held her in my arms I thought two things:
1. I am so glad we went the lengths we did to bring her into the word
2. I understand why people do it again and again

Honestly, if I were a little bit younger and didn't live in a big city, I would go for a third.

I can't imagine life without them both.

Good luck on your journey!:hugs:

it was harder for me being a mum at 18 than having my 7th at 34 x

I just turned 37 and I've got a 3.5yo, a 18 month old, and #3 due in March. I work fulltime, and sure, we're busy, but I wouldn't change a thing :)

In short: Yes. Absolutely, I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I am 39. I have two teenagers, 17 and 15. My little one is three weeks old today. :)

Having this new baby in my late thirties is VERY different than it was having babies in my early 20s. I have much more patience now. I can sit back and soak it all up, just breathe in everything about the experience. I know that part of that is because I have already "been there, done that" with my two older kids. But some of it is simply that I'm older now, and wiser (I hope!) and so grateful to have this chance to do it all again.

We had some complications, and a rollercoaster of a pregnancy, and a heartbreaking loss of his twin...but even with all of that, I look at this little guy and there is no doubt. I would go through it all again to have him.

I will be 40 in January. And some people might think we're crazy, but we haven't ruled out trying to have another one. We'll see...

Was 41 having my first and will be 43 when this LO arrives into the world . Wouldn't change a thing ..... 45 too old for a third ;) lol..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->