If you've started to dilate..

L

Laura--x

Does that mean your classed as in labor? Whether its early or established, does it still mean your in labor?

Im not sure. But when i was in early labour having contractions every 10mins & i was 2cm the MW told my gran that i wasent in labour.
I think they class it as labour from 4cm. Maybe wrong tho.

I think its established labour at 3cm, so anything before should be early labour?

Thats my guess anyway lol!

I thought they classed it as 'proper' labour from 4cm dialated. Im sure thats what the hospital told us.

(They apologised in advance as they said we may be in lots of pain and they still tell us we're not in labour!:dohh:)

I think my mw's say its early labour but not 'established labour' until 3cm - they wont take you to the delivery rooms untill it's 'established labour'.

4cm is etablished labour ....I was 2~3 last checked which was two wks ago ....but i am on meds to stop me dilating and contractions x

I dialated to a 5 with both my babies about 36 weeks but I don't remember anyone ever saying I was in 'active' labor until I started contracting regularly. I was 3cm dialated with my first as early as 32 weeks so I don't think it means much but it sure is exciting to hear that your already dialated isn't it :)

I was of the impression that you were classed as being in "labour" when your contracting regularly and painfully... when your contractions are not going away and when they are coming with more and more intensity... if that makes sense???

I am not sure it really matters if your dialated as much... but i could be wrong lol....

I dont think they take you in here till you are 4cm - so seems different hospitals have different rules on what is classed as active.

I think it might be better to go by how often contractions are coming as to when to go to the hospital.

you can be 1-3 cm for weeks... 4cm is more something they would say WOW to... that is 40% dilated! :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->