• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i'll never understand this (drug content)

she locked you both out???????

yes!! we were in the back garden with the kids when Ru ran back inside, closed the door and turned the keys! she was then locked inside the house for, i think about 90mins, while we flapped, and the entire neighbourhood tried to get us into the house again! it was seriously traumatic! me linds and poppy were stuck outside in the rain and Ruby was inside breaking her heart :-(

we cudnt get in the front door cuz the keys wer in it! eventually i took the letterbox off and managed to flick the keys out of the lock with a screwdriver and my OH came home with his set! poor ru was crying her eyes out!

oh bless her! of course the toddlers that do this are always to young to comprehend "just turn the keys the other way and we'll have cuddles!"

I font smoke weed or drunk but if there was a problem in the night and some one had had one joint you and others would not even know unless they stunk of it which if they've changed there clothes I highly doubt they will you'd be surprised how many top professionals you deal with every day have the odd joint

Surely tge same could be said about alcohol? If you were very drunk you have less chance of dealing with a problem with a clear head

hello? i agreed that smoking ANYTHING around children is not acceptable? my point was that you implied that EVERYONE who smokes weed is a terrible parent!

hello yourself. Excuse me, I didn't realise you were going to be pedantic. Let me clarify FOR YOU "I don't thinking smoking weed around children is acceptable"
Although saying that I wouldn't be nominating anyone who smokes weed for parent of the year either. I'm sorry if that offends the weed smokers who think they are great parents ,I just don't think choosing to have anything in your body that messes with your head is great parenting.
My opinion is just based on my experience as I said before - people I have known who smoked weed were not in a great state of mind, their focus tended to be on where the next joint was. And as with any addiction it can take over your life.

its hardly pedantic, you made a huge sweeping statement which isnt correct, and i chose to comment on that, i wouldnt call that pedantic.
its not that I need clarification its that 'i think people who smoke weed are terrible parents' and 'i think people who smoke weed AROUND their kids are terrible parents' are two VERY different statements!
you dont offend me one bit, i dont 'think' that i am a great mummy, i KNOW that i am! Ruby wants for nothing at all, materially or otherwise, and is sway ahead of all her milestones. we spend loads of time together at activities, on adventures, and just hanging out, and have a very strong relationship, if i choose to smoke a joint in my garden at night when Ruby is asleep i really cant see how that makes me any less of a 'good parent' than you. Its not as if im taking mind altering halloucinigenics, and rolling around my house oblivious to whats happening is it! to be honest i get the impression from your posts that you havent really been around much in the way of drugs, so maybe have a slightly different perspective that others might, but really, it is HIGHLY unusual for a recreational dope smoker to be like you say, only concentrating on where the next joint is coming from and having it 'take over their life'

without wading in too much here- as its just my opinion, while weed smoking doesnt make anyone the most awful parent anyhwere ever, surely smoking weed- even recreationally sets a bad example as it IS illegal. also what would you do if there was a problem in the night and you were still high (im speaking hypothetically as im not even sure you smoke dope, and this is in no way meant to offend, just offering a different point of view) potentially if your child had to be rushed to a and e for some reason- and its happened to us before in the middle of the night- Social services could be informed x

I think the type of people who smoke weed are the types of people who don't care much about their kids health, it certainly doesn't come before their pleasure.
I picked up something I had bought on ebay and when I went into the house it stank of cannabis. And there was a young boy (about 5 or 6) there too. I was a bit shocked for sure, especially as they couldn't seem to care about whether I could smell it in their house.

What a complete load of crap!!!! :dohh:

My OH smokes weed and??? He doesnt smoke it around the twins, he doesnt talk about it around them, if he wants to smoke he goes out of the house. He loves and cares about his children so just because he smokes dont even think for a second he dont care about the health of his kids!!!!!!
How rude!!!

Anyway, I dont agree with people smoking anything be it fag or weed around their children. I gave up smoking when I was pregnant and when I brought my girls home I made my mum and dad smoke in the garden as I was living with them.
I dont believe it means they dont care about their childrens health I just think they have that train of thought like it wont happen to us and the kids will be fine.

My OH doesnt smoke it around the twins and if he chooses to smoke it he goes outside, its his life and he does what he wants, he knows the kids are important to him and he wouldnt smoke it around them!

hello? i agreed that smoking ANYTHING around children is not acceptable? my point was that you implied that EVERYONE who smokes weed is a terrible parent!

hello yourself. Excuse me, I didn't realise you were going to be pedantic. Let me clarify FOR YOU "I don't thinking smoking weed around children is acceptable"
Although saying that I wouldn't be nominating anyone who smokes weed for parent of the year either. I'm sorry if that offends the weed smokers who think they are great parents ,I just don't think choosing to have anything in your body that messes with your head is great parenting.
My opinion is just based on my experience as I said before - people I have known who smoked weed were not in a great state of mind, their focus tended to be on where the next joint was. And as with any addiction it can take over your life.

Dizzy up there on your high horse??? My OH works long and hard and then comes to see his children so when he wants a break he smokes. So bloody what.
You made a huge sweeping statement. And we arent talking about heroin addicts here, we are talking about weed! Always focusing on where their next joint was lol :haha: Sorry had to laugh, my OH is not like that at all.

im a hater of sweeping statements! ive just been informed i have to have a psych eval thanks to an emergency pysch referral after a serious suicide attempt when i was 15!
they want to make sure im coping and not suffering from pnd- i get that their trying to help but
1- im absoultely fine- lyss is my world and theres no way i have pnd
2- surely they should have done this before now? she's almost 2!

drugs are a bad idea no matter how its spun, making the choice to take drugs effects everyone as they affect your health and no loved one wants to see you go down addiction and self destruction, all drugs are harmful in their own way it doesn't make you a bad parent but it doesn't make you a good influence either if they grow up knowing their parents take drugs, thats where imo bad parenting comes when its done around kids, adults can walk out of a room they can't because they don't understand the dangers, where will it leave the children if somebody gets ill from smoking or taking drugs?

I think we are all aware of how bad drugs are, nobody has said we arent. My OH knows the risks he takes and he is an adult, we take risks everyday of our lives. I dont smoke and I rarely drink but I dont think it makes a bad parent. He is responsible, he doesnt do it around the children and they dont see anything cos its not kept in my flat, its at his mums where he lives.
My mums goes out every Thursday night with her friends, she has a drink and a good time. Just cos she does that dont make her a bad parent and doesnt mean me and my siblings turned out like her.
As for where will it leave the children if someone gets ill from drugs? where would it leave the children if someone got ill and didnt take any drugs?

I think most people would be shocked by how many people do actually smoke weed... And how many of those are just normal people like us!
People are too quick to say 'oh it's a 'drug' so it MUST be bad' alcohol and nicotine are both VERY much more harmful and addictive substances but because they have Been widely used for so many years and provide so much revenue through taxes they are still legal. Having had experience of those too I can 110% say that I would MUCH rather Ruby have an 'illegal' social smoke of weed than a totally legal 40 a day fag habit or binge drink every weekend. For her safety, and her physical and mental health!

I think we are all aware of how bad drugs are, nobody has said we arent. My OH knows the risks he takes and he is an adult, we take risks everyday of our lives. I dont smoke and I rarely drink but I dont think it makes a bad parent. He is responsible, he doesnt do it around the children and they dont see anything cos its not kept in my flat, its at his mums where he lives.
My mums goes out every Thursday night with her friends, she has a drink and a good time. Just cos she does that dont make her a bad parent and doesnt mean me and my siblings turned out like her.
As for where will it leave the children if someone gets ill from drugs? where would it leave the children if someone got ill and didnt take any drugs?

thats what I mean though, they shouldn't be around it because they don't understand the risks and will think its okay to do drugs, if the parents want to do them their kids shouldn't know they take drugs, if they see their parents doing it they will think its okay and if they know the dangers they will worry about their parents, I'm sure they'd feel awful if something to their parents either way but if its something preventable i.e from drugs and drink they can end up feeling really guilty like my mum does about her father she always says why didn't I stop why didn't I do something :nope:

forgot to add, from that show pregnant women behaving badly one of them smoked in the house with her young daughter and her daughter kept saying she wanted to try smoking because her mum did thats what people should avoid, kids do copy everything

But its about educating your children, they pick things up whether it be at home, at nursery, with their grandparents, with their family.

Its not always what they see at home. Jaycee was bitten at nursery every day but a child for a whole week, she came home and did it to her sister, all I can do is explain that its wrong. I cant wrap her in cotton wool. And actually I would rather educate them about it than pretend it doesnt exist.

Just because a parent smokes it doesnt mean their child will. My SIL hates smoking and hates anything associated with it, yet my MIL smokes and my FIL used to.

I know but its harder to say something is wrong if you do it yourself, that and passive smoking is bad for all parties involved which is what I was saying is bad, doing things doesn't make anyone a bad parent, smoking in the same room or looking after children while high is imo which is what my post was about, I have quite a few relatives that have died through alcohol and smoking so obviously I'm biased and don't want anyone to do it.

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs and i'll be the first to admit i'm completely clueless about all types of drugs and their effects but I have a question for those who do smoke weed whilst their children are in bed. If your child fell ill and you needed to take them to the out of hours GP/a&e and you had smoked a joint or two, would you get behind the wheel and drive? I'm just asking out of curiosity as it's widely known that it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol but you don't hear much about driving under the influence of drugs.

Are people actually discussing this?

Cannabis is and has been used for medical purposes for years. It is actually LESS sedating than alcohol and most prescription narcotics, which are opiates....like opium.

I certainly don't think you should smoke it around your babies....but how it effects health I wonder about since it is known not to cause cancer or effect people in the same way as would say cigarettes would. You're also not going to find a lot of Pot induced accidents either like you would with booze.

As someone else said-I am willing to bet you'd be shocked by who smokes up because you'd never know....and may I add that I don't even do Pot... but it annoys me that people that smoke pot get such a bad rap when it's okay to smoke cigarettes or drink- both which can seriously kill you and both which puts others at risk.

And btw, leading by example.. I find that 99.9% of people do something in front of their kids which isn't so great.. ie: cussing, yelling at your spouse, feeding them shitty food, talking badly about others.... I am sure that these are behaviors that all people are guilty of so perhaps we shouldn't judge each other so strongly for it... right?

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs and i'll be the first to admit i'm completely clueless about all types of drugs and their effects but I have a question for those who do smoke weed whilst their children are in bed. If your child fell ill and you needed to take them to the out of hours GP/a&e and you had smoked a joint or two, would you get behind the wheel and drive? I'm just asking out of curiosity as it's widely known that it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol but you don't hear much about driving under the influence of drugs.

Oh.. it's illegal...but I think it depends on how much they smoke. If you take a few hits off a bowl you probably wouldn't be seriously impaired. If you smoke a few joints then maybe. It would be the same as drinking. One parent stays sober. If both parents got high it would be as bad as both both parents getting drunk.

this sounds terrible. but id much rather my (now ex)OH smoked weed once a week or something than smoked!
i hate hate hate smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->