• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i'll never understand this (drug content)

Dizzy up there on your high horse??? My OH works long and hard and then comes to see his children so when he wants a break he smokes. So bloody what.
You made a huge sweeping statement. And we arent talking about heroin addicts here, we are talking about weed! Always focusing on where their next joint was lol :haha: Sorry had to laugh, my OH is not like that at all.

If you read subsequent posts I had actually clarified that I meant to put people who smoke weed AROUND their children.
I also stated I am only going from my own experience. I'm quite surprised at the people who do smoke weed on here, I have to admit I did have a preconceived idea of the type of people who take drugs and this has been proved wrong!
I still stand by my thought that I don't agree with it though. Like I don't agree with going out and getting so trollied you don't know what you're doing (and no, before anyone tries to berate me, I am not accusing anyone of this!)
I just know I wouldn't want my child to be in a class with a teacher who smokes weed. Judgmental yes, but then we all make judgments according to our ethics.

I would rather my OH smoke weed than get pissed all the time. The amount of posts I read about OH's getting drunk/cheating/being abusive etc. Its amazing the amount of trouble drink causes yet no one bats an eyelid. My OH has a few smokes and he is not really any different, I could not tell if he is stoned or not as he probably does not smoke enough, I have never seen him "paranoid" or have "munchies".

What he does is up to him, its not in the house so what's the problem?

It just makes me wonder how people view things differently. I think its only illegal because of the tax issue anyway. I wouldnt say parents who smoke weed are bad parents. I dont actively smoke weed but I have had a few puffs before. I am a good parent, I am a good person. I dont enjoy alcohol at all, I dont even like smoking really (like I said its not happened in a while).

I just cant see how people can be judged?!?

Drugs are just bad, m'kayyy...

:p

As an ex-smoker (though no doubt I'll smoke it again at some point) I must say, I've never felt out of control under the influence of a spliff. Alcohol on the other hand, has had me pass out and 'lose time'. My current medication, a type of anti-psychotic called seroquel, has the same side effects as cannabis, only stronger.

I'd never want anyone smoking anything around my children. Tobacco or stronger. Sitting in a room smoking with kids around just isn't cool. As for smoking it in general... well, there are different levels. Much like people with alcohol problems, where they'd drink it during the day, there are people who'd smoke weed in the day. I'd only really be completely fine with social drinkers, and social smokers, looking after small children. A social drinker maybe has a glass of wine at the end of the day. As social smoker would have a spliff. Similar effects, the legality of it doesn't bother me, people have different ways of winding down right?

But yes, as for the original post, I'd be pretty disgusted if I saw pictures of parents smoking around their children, no need for it. What's wrong with going outside for crying out loud?

This is my take on it. The big issue I have with parents and weed is when parents who aren't well off/on benefits spend a hefty chunk on weed. This is the biggest reason me and my OH argue - he'll spend most of any money he ever earns on weed or borrow it off his dad. It drives me insane and I feel so guilty about it even though it's not my choice. Since Joel was born (he cut down beforehand) it was one zoot of standard weed to get to sleep, to a few to get through the day, then the weed turned to skunk and it's 3 skunk zoots on average now. OH has chronic sleep problems without it so he has a total reliance. Joel has everything he needs but only cos I buy it (we split things occaisionally but only if he has enough for weed). So no, I don't think it makes you a bad parent but its still heartbreaking to see forty quid a week get wasted on it when you're already in dire straights with money. :( EDIT thought I'd just highlight that my OH is a fantastic dad and is planning to quit weed by the end of the year, but I'm just giving an example of a scenario of when difficult to accept weed smoking with kids

This is my take on it. The big issue I have with parents and weed is when parents who aren't well off/on benefits spend a hefty chunk on weed. This is the biggest reason me and my OH argue - he'll spend most of any money he ever earns on weed or borrow it off his dad. It drives me insane and I feel so guilty about it even though it's not my choice. Since Joel was born (he cut down beforehand) it was one zoot of standard weed to get to sleep, to a few to get through the day, then the weed turned to skunk and it's 3 skunk zoots on average now. OH has chronic sleep problems without it so he has a total reliance. Joel has everything he needs but only cos I buy it (we split things occaisionally but only if he has enough for weed). So no, I don't think it makes you a bad parent but its still heartbreaking to see forty quid a week get wasted on it when you're already in dire straights with money. :(

:thumbup:

Agree completely, that's just abusing the system....but I find people do that in any number of ways which are equally annoying.. but if you have the money and you're not hurting anyone.. then have at it!

Dizzy up there on your high horse??? My OH works long and hard and then comes to see his children so when he wants a break he smokes. So bloody what.
You made a huge sweeping statement. And we arent talking about heroin addicts here, we are talking about weed! Always focusing on where their next joint was lol :haha: Sorry had to laugh, my OH is not like that at all.

If you read subsequent posts I had actually clarified that I meant to put people who smoke weed AROUND their children.
I also stated I am only going from my own experience. I'm quite surprised at the people who do smoke weed on here, I have to admit I did have a preconceived idea of the type of people who take drugs and this has been proved wrong!
I still stand by my thought that I don't agree with it though. Like I don't agree with going out and getting so trollied you don't know what you're doing (and no, before anyone tries to berate me, I am not accusing anyone of this!)
I just know I wouldn't want my child to be in a class with a teacher who smokes weed. Judgmental yes, but then we all make judgments according to our ethics.

Well, I have to say.... OH is a teacher and a lot of Teachers smoke weed.... it's the only way they can get through teaching our insubordinate kiddies.

This is my take on it. The big issue I have with parents and weed is when parents who aren't well off/on benefits spend a hefty chunk on weed. This is the biggest reason me and my OH argue - he'll spend most of any money he ever earns on weed or borrow it off his dad. It drives me insane and I feel so guilty about it even though it's not my choice. Since Joel was born (he cut down beforehand) it was one zoot of standard weed to get to sleep, to a few to get through the day, then the weed turned to skunk and it's 3 skunk zoots on average now. OH has chronic sleep problems without it so he has a total reliance. Joel has everything he needs but only cos I buy it (we split things occaisionally but only if he has enough for weed). So no, I don't think it makes you a bad parent but its still heartbreaking to see forty quid a week get wasted on it when you're already in dire straights with money. :(

This is my experience also. People I know who smoked it were the ones who really couldn't afford to. I've seen somebody pawn their child's toys to get some cash for their next joint.
I honestly didn't realise weed-smoking was so commonplace and the only people I knew who took it were not the people you would consider educated and upstanding.
I guess I'm just naive about the world.....and I know I lead a very boring life!

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs and i'll be the first to admit i'm completely clueless about all types of drugs and their effects but I have a question for those who do smoke weed whilst their children are in bed. If your child fell ill and you needed to take them to the out of hours GP/a&e and you had smoked a joint or two, would you get behind the wheel and drive? I'm just asking out of curiosity as it's widely known that it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol but you don't hear much about driving under the influence of drugs.

Oh.. it's illegal...but I think it depends on how much they smoke. If you take a few hits off a bowl you probably wouldn't be seriously impaired. If you smoke a few joints then maybe. It would be the same as drinking. One parent stays sober. If both parents got high it would be as bad as both both parents getting drunk.

its like any decision we make in this crazy parenting journey! we make the best decision that we can at any given time, in the situation we find ourselves in, with what resources are available!
if i was under the influence of anything i wouldnt drive, but again, i dont think that makes me a bad parent, and certainly doesnt mean that Ruby wouldnt get whatever help she needed! there are plenty of parents who dont drive at all, does that make us better parents than them? im only about 5 mins from a hospital, does that make me a better parent than someone who lives 50 miles from one? Smoking weed does not mean that you lose the ability to make normal, sensible well informed decisions about the care of your children, or anything else in fact!

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs and i'll be the first to admit i'm completely clueless about all types of drugs and their effects but I have a question for those who do smoke weed whilst their children are in bed. If your child fell ill and you needed to take them to the out of hours GP/a&e and you had smoked a joint or two, would you get behind the wheel and drive? I'm just asking out of curiosity as it's widely known that it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol but you don't hear much about driving under the influence of drugs.

Oh.. it's illegal...but I think it depends on how much they smoke. If you take a few hits off a bowl you probably wouldn't be seriously impaired. If you smoke a few joints then maybe. It would be the same as drinking. One parent stays sober. If both parents got high it would be as bad as both both parents getting drunk.

its like any decision we make in this crazy parenting journey! we make the best decision that we can at any given time, in the situation we find ourselves in, with what resources are available!
if i was under the influence of anything i wouldnt drive, but again, i dont think that makes me a bad parent, and certainly doesnt mean that Ruby wouldnt get whatever help she needed! there are plenty of parents who dont drive at all, does that make us better parents than them? im only about 5 mins from a hospital, does that make me a better parent than someone who lives 50 miles from one? Smoking weed does not mean that you lose the ability to make normal, sensible well informed decisions about the care of your children, or anything else in fact!

I hate it when people say things like this, I live 40mins from the hosp and I dont drive nor does my partner, if its an emergency you would call an ambulance right??

I hate it when people say things like this, I live 40mins from the hosp and I dont drive nor does my partner, if its an emergency you would call an ambulance right??

exactly! of course you would. These things are all part of life, not everyone drives, not everyone lives by a hospital, but in no way do they mean that we parent any less efficiently than anyone else!

This is my experience also. People I know who smoked it were the ones who really couldn't afford to. I've seen somebody pawn their child's toys to get some cash for their next joint.
I honestly didn't realise weed-smoking was so commonplace and the only people I knew who took it were not the people you would consider educated and upstanding.
I guess I'm just naive about the world.....and I know I lead a very boring life!

What kind of people do you know that smoke weed and pawn their kids toys off? :wacko:

You must know some bizzare people..because the people i know that have an odd spliff would never do something like this..

I for one dont smoke weed just because it makes me feel ill but i'd rather have one odd joint every now and again than my 20 a day fag habbit which i hate.

Id rather have a smoke than be around the twats who make a racket outside my house and end up in allsorts of trouble!

What kind of people do you know that smoke weed and pawn their kids toys off? :wacko:You must know some bizzare people..because the people i know that have an odd spliff would never do something like this..

I for one dont smoke weed just because it makes me feel ill but i'd rather have one odd joint every now and again than my 20 a day fag habbit which i hate.

:rofl: Ive also never heard of anyone pawning their kids toys! Lol. I think thats rubbish IMO.

What kind of people do you know that smoke weed and pawn their kids toys off? :wacko:You must know some bizzare people..because the people i know that have an odd spliff would never do something like this..

:rofl: Ive also never heard of anyone pawning their kids toys! Lol. I think thats rubbish IMO.

That sounds like pish to me too!

I don't know if it's rubbish but it's certainly excessive either way. Cannabis isn't an addictive substance like heroine or cocaine. You might get addicted to the feeling but it's unlikely to drive you to do something so crazy just for a 'fix'.

Dan used to smoke weed every day before he met me

I cannot stand the stuff i really hate it,i had a terrible reaction to it as a teen and have seen how it effects dans moods in the past,

However once a week his friend come round,and they go out to the pub and share a joint i have made it so clear that no way in hell would i let dan ever smoke weed in this house/the garden ever.He did it once when e first moved in right at the back of our garden and the kitchen stank,so i kicked him out for a few days to his mums so she could nag and nag at him about it also.

It hasnt happend sinse and he said it was a stupid thing to do,
but we have compromised hes a fantastic daddy who works hard and adores oscar so 1 joint a week away from the house/me and oscar doesnt really bother me.

The comment about people who smoke/weed are terrible parents really offended me.

I smoke,outside obviously and i adore oscar and im the best mum i could possibly be im not some chavvy jeremy kyle chav,neither of us are.

ETA dans parents still have the odd joint and there late 40 something middle class professionals! and fantastic parents!

Add me to the list of smokers :shrug: I've been jumped on for this on here before but I still don't care about admitting it. I smoke every night for insomnia as otherwise I would be sleep-deprived, far more impaired and unable to function the following day. I'd rather smoke a couple of cones, get some sleep and be well-rested to parent my son than sit up until 1 or 2 or 3 in the morning, get up at 6-7 and run on any less than 6 hours sleep. I wouldn't be giving my son the full attention he deserves during the day or have the energy to keep up with him, and now that he isn't a newborn and can get around on his own, I sort of need it :thumbup: For me, mj is a sedative, not 'drugs' and if we want to get technical, mj is a natural herb, not man-made in a lab, so I wouldn't class it as 'OMG drugs', but YMMV and I guess I respect that, just don't understand it.

well you have your opinion but I know it to be a fact. Hence why I'm anti-drugs.
And frankly I'm shocked that I'm the one who gets slated because I don't do drugs.
Wtf is the world coming to?!

well you have your opinion but I know it to be a fact. Hence why I'm anti-drugs.
And frankly I'm shocked that I'm the one who gets slated because I don't do drugs.
Wtf is the world coming to?!

I dont do drugs either :shrug: its not my thing, but I refuse to sit here and read someone try to lace my OH like he is some piece of shit because he doesnt fit into your perfect world. He is hard working and a good parent, I wont have anyone including you try to make out like because he smokes weed he is a bad person/parent.

I dont do drugs either :shrug: its not my thing, but I refuse to sit here and read someone try to lace my OH like he is some piece of shit because he doesnt fit into your perfect world. He is hard working and a good parent, I wont have anyone including you try to make out like because he smokes weed he is a bad person/parent.

When did I do that? :shrug:
I don't have a perfect world, I just have my views which I have stated. I have never said they're the right views but they are MY views. I gave examples of my experience with the people I knew who took drugs that's all.

I'm sorry if I can't agree that cannabis is ok. I don't think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->