Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

I must be one hell of a bad mother because not only do i smoke and drink, i leave Brooke at home with OH so i can go out clubbing and partying to do it :dohh:

Nevermind the fact that i work my backside off 3 days a week and play mum 24/7 ... i dont think "me" time, in whatever way you choose is wrong and makes you a bad person!!

but you dont take drugs though do you? thats what the debate is about,its not about wether you go out and have a drink or not :kiss:

Please answer this simple question: DO you think alcohol is a drug.

Because the FACT is it is.

It's not a matter of opinion. It's a fact. it is a drug. And a strong one, and addictive one, one that ruins lives and makes people act in ways which leads to violence on the streets almost every weekend.

SO you can say you don't consider it a drug but it is. Something being legal doesn't stop it being a drug.

well thats what this debate is about, we all agree/dissagree on whats a drug and whats not

There's no debate about whether something is a drug or not. It's a definition not an opinion.

I must be one hell of a bad mother because not only do i smoke and drink, i leave Brooke at home with OH so i can go out clubbing and partying to do it :dohh:

Nevermind the fact that i work my backside off 3 days a week and play mum 24/7 ... i dont think "me" time, in whatever way you choose is wrong and makes you a bad person!!

but you dont take drugs though do you? thats what the debate is about,its not about wether you go out and have a drink or not :kiss:

Please answer this simple question: DO you think alcohol is a drug.

Because the FACT is it is.

It's not a matter of opinion. It's a fact. it is a drug. And a strong one, and addictive one, one that ruins lives and makes people act in ways which leads to violence on the streets almost every weekend.

SO you can say you don't consider it a drug but it is. Something being legal doesn't stop it being a drug.

well thats what this debate is about, we all agree/dissagree on whats a drug and whats not

No honey the debate is about the whether LEGAL drugs (like alcohol) are worse than Illegal ones (like cannabis)

You can't change what is a drug. Its like saying you don't consider ribena a drink because you don't keep it in the fridge.

Alcohol is a LEGAL drug. Its a drug. If you look up the definition of the word "drug" alcohol will fit the definition.

I mean that with sincerity and not to be patronising. Please don't take it that way. Just trying to make it clear. :flower:

Redpoppy can you post your q's again? ive been trawling pages back but cant find them? :haha:

i wouldint define it as a drug BUT i do beleive alcohol can/has killed/damaged alot of lives. i hate drunk people with a passion

my nana has arthritis,osteoprosis,you name it. she is in agony everyday but not once has she been offered cannabis for pain relief. even if cannibis was ever made legal i would not change my veiw on it

But I suppose what I would like to understand is why.

if cannabis in the future is deemed by society, doctors, scientists and the government to be helpful to your nana's pain so that she is NOT in pain every day, and it is prescribed, and dosed properly, then why would you be stubborn about changing your mind about it?

Afterall, isn't morphine in the same family as heroin?

my nana has arthritis,osteoprosis,you name it. she is in agony everyday but not once has she been offered cannabis for pain relief. even if cannibis was ever made legal i would not change my veiw on it

But I suppose what I would like to understand is why.

if cannabis in the future is deemed by society, doctors, scientists and the government to be helpful to your nana's pain so that she is NOT in pain every day, and it is prescribed, and dosed properly, then why would you be stubborn about changing your mind about it?

not even cannibis would cure her pain lol. 'someone' has offered it to her before to take it for her pain (ive never said cannibis doesint relieve pain as obviously i dont know) and she flat out refused

Redpoppy can you post your q's again? ive been trawling pages back but cant find them? :haha:

Can I do it later? Sorry hun. I got home after meeting some mum friends and OH was home and he's taken over baby because I have a mini internet obsession so I should really go and spend some time with my family. :blush:

I will post for you though. I think they were along the lines of what are we really trying to acheive as a society and why or something. And then another couple from another post that I can't remember.

Considering the number of pages I understand why you can't find them! :wacko:

Oh, and please don't take the way I say stuff as the wrong way. I'm honestly just a very excitable and enthusiastic person and so although it may sound patronising I think I'm being helpful. I'm like one of those annoying happy campers. :blush:

Yes they are both VERY strong opiates. Great pain killers. Very addictive.

Actually codeine (form over the counter painkillers such as cocodamol) is also from the same family. You can't take cocodamol abroad to all countries with you as it's illegal in many yet we can purchase it over the counter.

painkillers are addictive and can destroy people too. But who's up for making all painkillers illegal? :shrug:

Actually codeine (form over the counter painkillers such as cocodamol) is also from the same family. You can't take cocodamol abroad to all countries with you as it's illegal in many yet we can purchase it over the counter.

painkillers are addictive and can destroy people too. But who's up for making all painkillers illegal? :shrug:

i beleive matthew perry was a former painkiller addict:thumbup:

i beleive matthew perry was a former painkiller addict:thumbup:

I always think, if you're going to let drugs RUIN your life, might aswell make them good ones. :haha: It's like saying I ruined my life, because I couldn't contain my addiction to marmalade. I mean it's good, but it's not THAT good.

painkillers aren't illegal, but most require a prescription. Addiction is very sad. Very sad, and it really ruins lives, no matter what the drug. This is a very personal topic for me.

painkillers aren't illegal, but most require a prescription. Addiction is very sad. Very sad, and it really ruins lives, no matter what the drug. This is a very personal topic for me.

Addiction is the evil, evil thing. Drugs aren't evil; Drug dependency is. My opinion, obviously.

Drugs can't be evil really, they are just a thing. Like bombs and guns. It's always about how people use them.

Addiction is the evil, evil thing. Drugs aren't evil; Drug dependency is. My opinion, obviously.
Blame it on the addiction, blame it on the drugs...legal, not legal...it doesn't make a difference if the one you love is lost forever because of them.:cry:

Drugs can't be evil really, they are just a thing. Like bombs and guns. It's always about how people use them.

Yes but if those things didnt exist or where not so easily available then the opportunity for evilness wouldnt be there either

Yes but if those things didnt exist or where not so easily available then the opportunity for evilness wouldnt be there either

If those things didn't exist, man would find something else to use for evil purposes.

If those things didn't exist, man would find something else to use for evil purposes.

But is that realy a good enough reason or is that just what the world has come to?
"Let them kill themselves and others now as it save them having to do it later another way"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->