Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

I don't think it's any reflection on the world today compared to any other time. People have always indulged in self abuse and experimentation of one sort or another. I think on average societies continue to care more about their people as time goes on.

I don't think it's any reflection on the world today compared to any other time. People have always indulged in self abuse and experimentation of one sort or another. I think on average societies continue to care more about their people as time goes on.

i find it to be the opposite. i think as time is getting society is getting worse

It's clearly not though. What do you base that on? 100 years ago women couldn't vote; 150 years ago only the wealthy could be educated; 200 years ago the vast majority of the populus lived in the most astonishing state if poverty and the government existed to ensure wealth remained with the wealthy minority; 250 years ago slavery was commonplace and accepted; further back people were treated in abominable ways all over the show. Yes society has very much improved over time.

Drugs can't be evil really, they are just a thing. Like bombs and guns. It's always about how people use them.

Yes but if those things didnt exist or where not so easily available then the opportunity for evilness wouldnt be there either

If those things didn't exist, man would find something else to use for evil purposes.

But is that realy a good enough reason or is that just what the world has come to?
"Let them kill themselves and others now as it save them having to do it later another way"

I never really voiced my opinion on this debate. :mrgreen:

Just pointing out that thinking that bombs and guns didn't exist we'd have no opportunity for "evil". That opportunity has always been there. Before bombs and guns there were stones and arrows.... iykwim?

im on about peoples,attitude towards each other,hatred,rudness,no time for your neighbours etc are getting worse. i find it is anyway

People are the same as they have always been. People are not getting more evil. PB is right.

And yet thousands, millions maybe, of people volunteer and donate to charities. Community groups work together to improve their local areas. It's Rose tinted glasses about some mythical past when we all played out in the road and could trust everyone and leave our doors unlocked. Except behind those doors women and children were abused with no way to escape; children were beaten at school; rich children were educated in good schools and poor ones not; 60 years ago there was no welfare or NHS. It's just false collective memory. People have always been good and bad and always will be.

But going off topic, it really does depend what you're comparing it to.

Your mums day? You grandma's? When you were young? When?

off to bed now.
:flower:

*Tongue in cheek* I lived in Newcastle for 9 years. It's not the same everywhere. ;)

If there really were proven and recognised health benefits, healing benefits etc .. drugs, would not be illegal.

This is why there is debate. Cannabis has MANY MANY health benefits for MS sufferers as well as people with cancer and everyday pain relief and to ease PMT and arthritis.

There have been studies done which confirm this.

And yet people and the government are so slow in introducing it as a legal regulated drug in the health care system.

It will happen though. Its already happening all over the western hemisphere. I mean unless proof and reason lose out and the inevitable potency rise due to growing the stuff unnaturally continues to rise.

Until then, it's still illegal and i think people should abide by the law.

But people need to argue the law for it to be changed :shrug:

Do you believe every law should be blindly followed no matter what the circumstances?

Yes i do. I believe certain drugs have been made illegal for the reason that the government, and health professionals believe that they are not good for us. The law doesn't need to be changed, i think it should be enforced even more.

I have read through all I've missed and there are a few posts that peeve me off, but I won't get into that, I know the difference and have the education and experience to be accepting of people.

I don't know what else to say at the moment lol

I'm excited my OH is going to run to the store and get some stuff to bake some cookies :D Then he will probably put Kayleigh to bed (once I feed her of course) and we will snuggle and watch a movie :) Then since I'm not spoiled enough he will rub my back before I go to bed :cloud9: I love him hehe :) I don't think I could have picked a better man! Hmmm a glass of wine sounds good too lol... :cloud9:

I just feel so loving tonight, lol... I'm a sap! I had a lovely day :) Hope all you ladies are having/have a lovely evening! xx

I think doing drugs when you are a parent is wrong and unacceptable, yes .. around or not.

If there really were proven and recognised health benefits, healing benefits etc .. drugs, would not be illegal.

This is why there is debate. Cannabis has MANY MANY health benefits for MS sufferers as well as people with cancer and everyday pain relief and to ease PMT and arthritis.

And yet people and the government are so slow in introducing it as a legal regulated drug in the health care system.

It will happen though. Its already happening all over the western hemisphere. I mean unless proof and reason lose out and the inevitable potency rise due to growing the stuff unnaturally continues to rise.

Do you believe every law should be blindly followed no matter what the circumstances?

Yes i do. I believe certain drugs have been made illegal for the reason that the government, and health professionals believe that they are not good for us. The law doesn't need to be changed, i think it should be enforced even more.

Good for you! :thumbup:

If we are ever unfortunate enough to get a prime minister like Robert Mugabe i'm sure you'd change your mind. If everyone thought that way black people would still be second class and women wouldn't be allowed to vote. I am proud to think for myself and question 'the man' and stand up for what I believe in, not what someone tells me i should believe in.

If we are ever unfortunate enough to get a prime minister like Robert Mugabe i'm sure you'd change your mind. If everyone thought that way black people would still be second class and women wouldn't be allowed to vote. I am proud to think for myself and question 'the man' and stand up for what I believe in, not what someone tells me i should believe in.

See I dont like people breaking the law but I also certainly don't think we should follow all laws blindly. The examples you given though were only changed through campaigning and years of struggle. And those laws were dictated by racism and sexism, discriminating against someone because of their gender or skin colour. They obviously illustrate how the law is not and has never been perfect but they are in a different league to someone breaking the law by having a joint.

Illegal drugs do harm, a woman voting does not iykwim?

I gave an example a few pages back that i still think is a good one:

A hackney carriage still has to have a bale of hay in the boot according to the law as it hasn't changed since the days of horse and carriage. There would be a huge shortage of taxis if the police bothered with it!

I don't believe in breaking laws for the most part, but i don't agree with government trying to save me from myself. It's my health it affects, not someone else's :shrug:

A hackney carriage still has to have a bale of hay in the boot according to the law as it hasn't changed since the days of horse and carriage. There would be a huge shortage of taxis if the police bothered with it!

I don't believe in breaking laws for the most part, but i don't agree with government trying to save me from myself. It's my health it affects, not someone else's :shrug:

Hmm see it could potentially harm someone else though, that the point I think.

I do still feel though that as two of the biggest killers in our country cigs and booze should be banned too. If people cannot save themselves then it is down to someone else to. The Gov shouldn't be sitting back and letting people rot for the sake of the extra taxes it brings in :dohh:

But cigarettes and alcohol aren't illegal and they aren't good for us :shrug:

they claim lives daily. on the contrary to your thinking the law does not need changed I honestly think it needs an overhaul. I watched my uncle rot away with drink and my aunt die in february this year of multiple cancers. the gov need to ban ALL drugs imo. in comparison to both alcohol and cigarettes, I think its easy to see why some people believe cannabis is the lesser of the three evils. Although I still may not agree with its use of course.

You forgot the shovel thay have to carry to clear up the poop as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->