Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

If there weren't medical benefits doctord wouldn't prescribe it as a treatment. The paperwork a doctor has to fill out is around 10+ pages, then it has to be approved by government etc... so not like anyone can get it, but it's used for medical purposes... our government wouldn't go out on a limb for something that has more negative than positive... That's what I think anyways. I'm no scientist or expert on drugs though, so I could very well be wrong.

I've smoked, I've drank, I've smoked marijuana, I've taken oxycodone, and I've done mescaline (sp?) the last one was my accident. A friend of mine put it in her drink and I mixed them up and took her beer instead of mine... never did it again and ended up blacking out and her and I got into a physical altercation. Oxycodone wasn't intentional. I was told it was a perk, had bad bad cramps.... never did that again! Marijuana I smoked off and on for a year, cigs... smoked 11-12 years and the drinking, well 2 beer within the last 2+years, and before that, we would have some drinks and play cards with friends once in a while. Younger of course I drank a lot more but it was years ago.

OH has tried near everything, except needles (ick) and only marijuana since we've been together and longer. I wouldn't tolerate him doing anything else. I'm okay with the pot, but that's it!

Thats probably exactly why the paperwork is so extensive! They have to fully justify it before it is prescribed - that says to me that it does have very risky side effects and possibly just as many, if not more, negatives to positives.

If there were more positives then it wouldnt be so hard to get a hold off - just as any medication that can be addictive or has harsher side effects is more difficult to get. The benefits have to outweigh the risks. For individual cases this may be true...

The paperwork is done so people who are against it all together :)wacko:) don't throw hissy fits and cry injustice... it's so the government can cover their ass if something goes wrong... nobody wants to be the person to legalize it because they are all too concerned about themselves and how they look to get more votes, more money etc... the paperwork is there to make people happy who do not understand, or choose not to understand, or who just don't care.

Am i one of those people? because I certainly understand and I definitely care - i still dont think its right. See again, someone trying to justify it and down play the negatives. I just dont get the need to do that.

If I was to have a glass of wine, I would accept what im taking is harmful to my body.

Nobody wants to be the person to legalise it because its harmful and legalisation cannot be justified.

Every day legal drugs used heavily can make you addicted. Legal prescriptions like methadone CAN kill you if you take a few more mg than your supposed to have, but then when used in moderation can help withdrawl symptoms of harsh drugs like heroin.

Most things can be fine in moderation, I think knowing your own personal limits is a big art of it all. Sure you could become addicted to anything (Including simple things like the internet!) but you need to know how to use things to an extent.

but you cant do that with drugs? your limit could be different everyday or everytime you use it? Its risky. you cant say there is a safe way to use something that is unpredictable and not entirely uncontaminated (i mean how do you know exactly whats in it :shrug:)

Just from my experience, people are not gonna contaminate weed.
Weed could be purchased for $25 for a quater oz of it, and ONE gram of coke costs $50-$75, so why would people add an expensive drug like coke to an inexpensive drug for the same price. That would not be profitable for the drug dealer. That does not make sense.

Why does it have to be an expensive drug? It could be anything to increase bulk.. Doesnt have to be coke.

Wow. I don't know where you get the weed you smoked but in the 4 years I've been smoking it, I've never seen this. :nope:

How would you even know?! Its not like drug dealers are top on morality. I dont think theyd care what was in it. Like you said they only do whats profitable...

Pretty sure I'm smart enough to know when a chemical or substance was added to something I've done for years. Its not hard to make a judgement on something like that...?!?!

Well it would be for a novice. not everyone using is experienced.

To be honest, like I said a few pages back, I did get some laced with coke and other stuff once. I was in high school and I nearly died because of it. Not because of an overdose or anything but something in it caused me to have a severe reaction and I was in hospital on IV's and stuff. It can be laced with something, even something expensive once in a while, but it's not a regular thing and I was in high school getting it from a really shady idiot who didn't just take money for his drugs (I didn't by no means lol.. ewww but I knew of girls who did :( ) and it wasn't for the pot, it was for the heavier stuff. My OH knows where his comes from and has no doubts at all.

If there weren't medical benefits doctord wouldn't prescribe it as a treatment. The paperwork a doctor has to fill out is around 10+ pages, then it has to be approved by government etc... so not like anyone can get it, but it's used for medical purposes... our government wouldn't go out on a limb for something that has more negative than positive... That's what I think anyways. I'm no scientist or expert on drugs though, so I could very well be wrong.

I've smoked, I've drank, I've smoked marijuana, I've taken oxycodone, and I've done mescaline (sp?) the last one was my accident. A friend of mine put it in her drink and I mixed them up and took her beer instead of mine... never did it again and ended up blacking out and her and I got into a physical altercation. Oxycodone wasn't intentional. I was told it was a perk, had bad bad cramps.... never did that again! Marijuana I smoked off and on for a year, cigs... smoked 11-12 years and the drinking, well 2 beer within the last 2+years, and before that, we would have some drinks and play cards with friends once in a while. Younger of course I drank a lot more but it was years ago.

OH has tried near everything, except needles (ick) and only marijuana since we've been together and longer. I wouldn't tolerate him doing anything else. I'm okay with the pot, but that's it!

Thats probably exactly why the paperwork is so extensive! They have to fully justify it before it is prescribed - that says to me that it does have very risky side effects and possibly just as many, if not more, negatives to positives.

If there were more positives then it wouldnt be so hard to get a hold off - just as any medication that can be addictive or has harsher side effects is more difficult to get. The benefits have to outweigh the risks. For individual cases this may be true...

Thats not even a good point, because it is not factual.
Paperwork is done to ensure it doesn't end up in the wrong hands.
I'm not justifying everyone who smokes it, I can just justify the reason I shouldn't be looked down upon or be sterotyped.

I was replying to the comment regarding the paperwork not being done for something with more negatives to positives because it screams exactly the opposite to me.

And how can it end up in the wrong hands? Whose hands are the wrong ones?

ETA: I do not stereotype, nor do I look down upon users - I just dont agree with it. I dislike the drug.

The wrong ones are the ones who don't use it in moderation!!! Like I have explained in previous posts. I'm not talking about you in paticular, I'm talking about the people on who thinks pot heads are no good low lifes. Because I feel I'm educated enough in the subject to not get carried away with it, or to allow it to effect my life.

but you said you had to know youre 'own' limits - so whats classed as moderation? And whats classed as over using? Genuine question, cause I wouldnt know

The paperwork is done so people who are against it all together :)wacko:) don't throw hissy fits and cry injustice... it's so the government can cover their ass if something goes wrong... nobody wants to be the person to legalize it because they are all too concerned about themselves and how they look to get more votes, more money etc... the paperwork is there to make people happy who do not understand, or choose not to understand, or who just don't care.

Am i one of those people? because I certainly understand and I definitely care - i still dont think its right. See again, someone trying to justify it and down play the negatives. I just dont get the need to do that.

If I was to have a glass of wine, I would accept what im taking is harmful to my body.

Nobody wants to be the person to legalise it because its harmful and legalisation cannot be justified.

Go read through my other posts hun, I know there are negatives... I just don't believe (which I'm entitled to) that they are bad enough to have marijuana illegal. I think the drink you do which causes harm to your body is A LOT worse than the joint my OH will smoke next weekend. I think if we can except alcohol and cigs as okay to have around, why not marijuana. What are the benefits of vodka? What about cigs? At least marijuana helps with pain, nausea etc... YES it's not the best thing out there, but it's safer than prescription pain killers... hands down!

Thats not even a good point, because it is not factual.
Paperwork is done to ensure it doesn't end up in the wrong hands.
I'm not justifying everyone who smokes it, I can just justify the reason I shouldn't be looked down upon or be sterotyped.

I was replying to the comment regarding the paperwork not being done for something with more negatives to positives because it screams exactly the opposite to me.

And how can it end up in the wrong hands? Whose hands are the wrong ones?

ETA: I do not stereotype, nor do I look down upon users - I just dont agree with it. I dislike the drug.

The wrong ones are the ones who don't use it in moderation!!! Like I have explained in previous posts. I'm not talking about you in paticular, I'm talking about the people on who thinks pot heads are no good low lifes. Because I feel I'm educated enough in the subject to not get carried away with it, or to allow it to effect my life.

but you said you had to know youre 'own' limits - so whats classed as moderation? And whats classed as over using? Genuine question, cause I wouldnt know

What's over using for alcohol? Is it okay to have 1-2 glasses of wine with dinner nearly every night once the kids are tucked in their beds?

I feel like using in moderation is when I'm well in control of myself at all times, and I don't NEED it. Overuse is when the drug consumes you not the other way around.

Go read through my other posts hun, I know there are negatives... I just don't believe (which I'm entitled to) that they are bad enough to have marijuana illegal. I think the drink you do which causes harm to your body is A LOT worse than the joint my OH will smoke next weekend. I think if we can except alcohol and cigs as okay to have around, why not marijuana. What are the benefits of vodka? What about cigs? At least marijuana helps with pain, nausea etc... YES it's not the best thing out there, but it's safer than prescription pain killers... hands down!

I wouldnt agree with the latter but have said in most of my previous posts that I think cigs and alcohol should be illegal too.

Along with cannabis, in my opinion, they serve no necessary purpose :shrug: I'd be glad to see them all gone.

By the way none of this is personal hun, like i said I dont stereotype or think people who use it are 'losers'. I mean I dont agree with breaking the law. i feel its completely wrong but ive had family members in prison for theft who I wouldnt class as 'bad people'. one thing does not define you :)

But then again in a previous post you said this:
(and I quote...)

" And why dont people want to avoid something that 'can' cause or do all those things listed? "

Surely you know all about the risks of alcohol.

I feel like using in moderation is when I'm well in control of myself at all times, and I don't NEED it. Overuse is when the drug consumes you not the other way around.

But surely that will vary depending on the person? how much is too much?

and how will you know you are overusing? Surely by then if it has consumed you and you need it then it is too late? you're already addicted.

If you are happy to consume something that is addictive, surely you have to be willing to accept that one day you may fall victim to that addiction?

My mum always said she was addicted to tobacco after one cigarette :shrug: extreme maybe but addiction isn't born only through 'extended' use. And even at that how can you measure extended use?

Sorry I appear to be going off at a tangent. im surprisingly awake and sleepy at the same time :wacko::lol:

I wouldnt agree with the latter but have said in most of my previous posts that I think cigs and alcohol should be illegal too.

Along with cannabis, in my opinion, they serve no necessary purpose :shrug: I'd be glad to see them all gone.

By the way none of this is personal hun, like i said I dont stereotype or think people who use it are 'losers'. I mean I dont agree with breaking the law. i feel its completely wrong but ive had family members in prison for theft who I wouldnt class as 'bad people'. one thing does not define you :)

More and more research is being done with THC and the benefits of using it to treat symptoms of MS, Cancer treatment (not treating cancer with it, lol... but the symptoms from treatment, HIV etc... and to me, I don't care where it comes from, if it's going to help these people who are suffering I think it's worth looking into.

I would like to see cigs gone, because of the mortality rate of it's users, and same with alcohol, as so many die from drinking and driving etc... not like it will ever happen... then again, we as adults should be able to make our own choices with our lives, if not putting others in harms way. It's a hard one to put a pin in...

(and I quote...)

" And why dont people want to avoid something that 'can' cause or do all those things listed? "

That was my point - im not gonna sit and say but smoking does this and caffiene does that i will accept alcohol carries risks. I have had one glass of wine in nearly two years and that was for my brothers birthday about a week ago. I neither need alcohol nor particularly like it. may make me a prude but i dont mind. I used to enjoy a drink socially but am more mature now and to be honest im just not interested, the hangover totally outweighs any positives to drinking the alcohol and ive found I enjoy myself more without it. :shrug:

But surely that will vary depending on the person? how much is too much?

and how will you know you are overusing? Surely by then if it has consumed you and you need it then it is too late? you're already addicted.

If you are happy to consume something that is addictive, surely you have to be willing to accept that one day you may fall victim to that addiction?

My mum always said she was addicted to tobacco after one cigarette :shrug: extreme maybe but addiction isn't born only through 'extended' use. And even at that how can you measure extended use?

Sorry I appear to be going off at a tangent. im surprisingly awake and sleepy at the same time :wacko::lol:

Like I just said

Knowing your own limits is a big part of it. If you don't know your limits you shouldn't use it. I don't think its ever too late to fight addiction, or they wouldn't have rehab.
And like I just said:
Hun, anything can be addictive. Including internet, alcohol, even shopping!!!
Doesn't mean I'm not gonna go shop, get online, or have a glass of wine at dinner. I believe alot of addiction is all in the mind. Not just physical dependency on it. Some relapse for years after taking drugs, some quite cold turkey. And things like nicotine (the addictive drug in tobacco) is put in there to make tobacco addictive that substance is not is marijuana.

(and I quote...)

That was my point - im not gonna sit and say but smoking does this and caffiene does that i will accept alcohol carries risks. I have had one glass of wine in nearly two years and that was for my brothers birthday about a week ago. I neither need alcohol nor particularly like it. may make me a prude but i dont mind. I used to enjoy a drink socially but am more mature now and to be honest im just not interested, the hangover totally outweighs any positives to drinking the alcohol and ive found I enjoy myself more without it. :shrug:

I'm not saying marijuana is 100% beneficial and that nothing is wrong with it. I understand it has its down sides. Like everything else in this world.

For me, my order of ranking on a "danger" level would be

Alcohol
Cigarettes
Cannibis

I cant sit here and say i think Cannibis is this that and the other when i both smoke and drink on a regular basis, however, i do believe that in the "unregulated" sense and the criminal connotations it has, then yes it is more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes. At least both are regulated and you know EXACTLEY what you are getting in either of those.

I cant say i have a 100% opinion on why it isnt legal, i dont believe that it is solely down to money, i think that regulation and control play a huge part it, as to me that is where the danger lies.

If the government allowed us to grow a certain amount for personal use we would know exactly what we were getting!!

I personally have a grudge with alcohol and the way people behave, I wish it could be illegal but it would never happen. I dont speak for everyone as the majority of people are sensible.

My OH nearly died by a drunk driver who got banned for 2 yrs. Thats nothing. should be a permanent ban if caught driving whilst under influence whether you injure someone or not.

I am not saying the same does not apply to marijuana as it does but more people feel invincible when drunk. I think you often think to much when on marijuana so if smoking that alone you probably are less likely to get in the car!

Blue bumpkin - I think there are a number of reasons.that users 'play down' the health risks associated with cannabis. The first reason is that it isn't drummed into you like it is for alcohol and tobacco, unless you ever need to see a psychologist. Secondly, I believe some of the health risks are massively exaggerated in order to scare. Like zenmommy said, there are risks to everything. Let me put it this way...

Crossing the road has been shown to have some serious side.effects, some of which are listed below:

Broken bones
Internal bleeding
Brain damage
Blood loss
Difficulty breathing
Asthma
Lung cancer
Increased risk of chest infections
Death

Some of those look horrific. It fails to mention that is if you get hit by a car, or from breathing in exhaust fumes for a long time.
I remember my psychologist trying to warn me off 'super-skunk' (which i don't believe exists) as a lot of vietnam war veterans smoked it and they are now in psychiatric institutions. I personally think they probably have PTSD from some of the awful things they saw... how can they possibly use that as an example?

So, here is some info for those who believe that pot is not harmful or doesn't kill. I suppose if you don't count your children or yourselves, then not very many.:nope:

What's so bad about marijuana?
Marijuana is risky for many reasons. Consider these facts:

Makes it more difficult for the body to fight illnesses
When smoked, contains over 2,000 chemicals that can stay in your body up to a month
Can harm the heart, lungs, brain, and sex organs
Contains more cancer-causing agents than cigarettes
Marijuana use can lead to:

Asthma
Memory loss
Panic attacks
Lung damage
Brain damage
Slowed reaction time
Change in sex drive
Death due to impaired driving
False beliefs
Unfounded fear or distrust
Decreased immunity to illnesses
People who use marijuana often:

Lack energy and motivation
Lose interest in activities, work, and school
Have difficulty concentrating and learning

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/substance_abuse/hic_marijuana.aspx

Paternal use of marijuana during conception, pregnancy and in the post-natal period has been significantly associated with risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) during a child's first year of life.

https://www.docguide.com/news/content.nsf/news/8525697700573E1885256A8B0062616D

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- In the first study of its kind, researchers found that smokers of marijuana and crack cocaine show the same kinds of precancerous conditions caused by smoking tobacco.

https://ehealthforum.com/health/topic121308.html

Here is some more links:
https://wiki.answers.com/Q/Marijuana_related_deaths_in_america
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/us/17marijuana.html
https://alcoholism.about.com/b/2003/11/02/marijuana-causes-many-deaths-reported-as-accidents.htm

This is mostly a load of scaremongering nonsense for the most part. I would like to pick it apart slowly so this may take some time.

Firstly the issue is of LEGALITY and COMPARISON to legal drugs. The worse offenders of LEGAL drugs being cigarettes and alcohol. SO lets do whatthe debate asks and compare the legal offenders with the cannabis in stead of pointing out that there are some risks involved.

Its like me saying the risks of alcohol include becoming violent many times a week and beating up your wife. They honestly do but are we being fair in analysis?

There used to be so much bad propaganda about marijuana and the most famous being a film in which it suggested if you smoked it it would lead you to become murderous and rape. I can't remember it's name but that was what was told to society on NO basis whatsoever within the last 100 years.
so here we go:

Makes it more difficult to fight illnesses. - could you please provide a link to the research or study that? I'm not saying it's impossible but I've not met many responsible recreational users who are any more ill than non users. And considering the nonsense that's been spread about marijuana I would like claims backed up with either heavy anecdotal evidence or some actual research.

Chemicals stay in your body - again I don't know what this means. I have chemicals in my body every day. they're sitting there right now! EEP! They have nothing to do with marijuana. Please explain further.

Can harm the heart, lungs, brain, and sex organs - please clarify again please! Can to what degree? Is it to the degree that alcohol DOES as opposed to CAN harm the liver? Is it from smoking or just general consumption? Is it just the consumers body or those sitting around them? :shrug:

Cancer causing agents - ONE joint contains more cancer causing chemicals than ONE cigarette but not even the HEAVIEST pot smokers are on 20 joints a day unlike cigarettes. SO it's not like for like. ALSO apparently the tests on comparison were done on the leaf not the bud. Hardly anyone smokes the leaves. But I suppose when dubious sources are funding your research you have to find a way to make the results worth the money huh? https://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_health2.shtml
https://www.suite101.com/content/marijuana-may-not-cause-cancer-according-to-research-a270271

Leading to things and I could say this on every one but lets compare wit the LEGAL drugs huh?:
Asthma - reference please!
Memory loss - definitely true
Panic attacks - amongst some inexperienced users yes.
Lung damage - misleading
Brain damage - references and to what degree?
Slowed reaction time - Whilst ON the drug yes. But then compare to the legal drugs of alcohol and motor skills?
Change in sex drive - well it can both INCREASE and DECREASE whilst ON the drug.
Death due to impaired driving - This is REALLY scraping the barrel.
False beliefs - explanation needed. And probably again after VERY heavy dosing and only whilst ON the drug.
Unfounded fear or distrust - known as paranoia. Again in a smaller percentage as most users use it to relax. If you felt like this every time you used and considering it isn't physically addictive and not habit forming till a LONG way down the line why would you keep doing it? Also the paranoia stops when the high ends.
Decreased immunity to illnesses - Again, references please!

Users can:
Lack energy and motivation - Yep whilst ON the drug
Lose interest in activities, work, and school - Or gain interest in all those things. School CHILDREN shouldn't be going near drugs, legal or illegal.
Have difficulty concentrating and learning - FOr the vast majority whilst ON the drug yes.

Paternal use. 1. what type of idiot dad is smoking around his pregnant wife or wife and baby anyway? 2. the conception period was testing all drugs excluding marijuana according to your link. :wacko: Is that because they failed to test for it or found that it didn't have a big effect? :shrug:

Cancer causing - for ever research study that says marijuana CAN cause cancer you'll find one that says it prevents it.

This wiki answers link has a fanstastic response to it which totally belittles the wacky claim that you can overdose on Marijuana. It's nonsense and if you had read the claim which has little to no references of any substance whereas the response has facts which are known across the board.

The second link has nothing to do with the effects of medical marijuana and is summed up by the first quote by the sheriff's department that: “Any person making medical marijuana is going to be a target because they have a valuable commodity,”. You have violence caused over people who have gold or jewels or expensive commodities of any kind. You don't make those commodities illegal because they are valuable.

As for this link, like my friend and brother who work in the mental health service the judge's view is biased because he ONLY deals with the wrong end of the marijuana issue. He never has cases of people who use responsibly going into his court case and saying "hey just popped in to say I've been using marijuana recreationally for the last 40 years and it's done me no harm and in fact, I feel it's enhanced my life in numerous ways, helped me question my early violent behaviour and see much of life in a different light which helps me communicate better, build stronger relationships and enjoy the world in ways I couldn't have imagined. I'd also like to point out I have a fully paid off mortgage and a family for four and a job that pays remarkably well" All he gets are the back end of troublesome kids and "yoof" and hoodlums who are in trouble so his view is biased. he doesn't see the whole spectrum he also never gets anyone walking in and saying "well I've been suffering chronic pain for over 7 years and have been prescribed a WHOLE range of drugs by my doctor that don't help so much and leave me feeling crappy and disoriented and so, my son suggested I try some of his home grown pot which is terribly illegal and so I thought the pain was so bad and through his assurances I gave it ago and its helped me live life again"

So, here is some info for those who believe that pot is not harmful or doesn't kill. I suppose if you don't count your children or yourselves, then not very many.:nope:

What's so bad about marijuana?
Marijuana is risky for many reasons. Consider these facts:

Makes it more difficult for the body to fight illnesses
When smoked, contains over 2,000 chemicals that can stay in your body up to a month
Can harm the heart, lungs, brain, and sex organs
Contains more cancer-causing agents than cigarettes
Marijuana use can lead to:

Asthma
Memory loss
Panic attacks
Lung damage
Brain damage
Slowed reaction time
Change in sex drive
Death due to impaired driving
False beliefs
Unfounded fear or distrust
Decreased immunity to illnesses
People who use marijuana often:

Lack energy and motivation
Lose interest in activities, work, and school
Have difficulty concentrating and learning

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/substance_abuse/hic_marijuana.aspx

Paternal use of marijuana during conception, pregnancy and in the post-natal period has been significantly associated with risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) during a child's first year of life.

https://www.docguide.com/news/content.nsf/news/8525697700573E1885256A8B0062616D

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- In the first study of its kind, researchers found that smokers of marijuana and crack cocaine show the same kinds of precancerous conditions caused by smoking tobacco.

https://ehealthforum.com/health/topic121308.html

Here is some more links:
https://wiki.answers.com/Q/Marijuana_related_deaths_in_america
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/us/17marijuana.html
https://alcoholism.about.com/b/2003/11/02/marijuana-causes-many-deaths-reported-as-accidents.htm

This is mostly a load of scaremongering nonsense for the most part. I would like to pick it apart slowly so this may take some time.

Firstly the issue is of LEGALITY and COMPARISON to legal drugs. The worse offenders of LEGAL drugs being cigarettes and alcohol. SO lets do whatthe debate asks and compare the legal offenders with the cannabis in stead of pointing out that there are some risks involved.

Its like me saying the risks of alcohol include becoming violent many times a week and beating up your wife. They honestly do but are we being fair in analysis?

There used to be so much bad propaganda about marijuana and the most famous being a film in which it suggested if you smoked it it would lead you to become murderous and rape. I can't remember it's name but that was what was told to society on NO basis whatsoever within the last 100 years.
so here we go:

Makes it more difficult to fight illnesses. - could you please provide a link to the research or study that? I'm not saying it's impossible but I've not met many responsible recreational users who are any more ill than non users. And considering the nonsense that's been spread about marijuana I would like claims backed up with either heavy anecdotal evidence or some actual research.

Chemicals stay in your body - again I don't know what this means. I have chemicals in my body every day. they're sitting there right now! EEP! They have nothing to do with marijuana. Please explain further.

Can harm the heart, lungs, brain, and sex organs - please clarify again please! Can to what degree? Is it to the degree that alcohol DOES as opposed to CAN harm the liver? Is it from smoking or just general consumption? Is it just the consumers body or those sitting around them? :shrug:

Cancer causing agents - ONE joint contains more cancer causing chemicals than ONE cigarette but not even the HEAVIEST pot smokers are on 20 joints a day unlike cigarettes. SO it's not like for like. ALSO apparently the tests on comparison were done on the leaf not the bud. Hardly anyone smokes the leaves. But I suppose when dubious sources are funding your research you have to find a way to make the results worth the money huh? https://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_health2.shtml
https://www.suite101.com/content/marijuana-may-not-cause-cancer-according-to-research-a270271

Leading to things and I could say this on every one but lets compare wit the LEGAL drugs huh?:
Asthma - reference please!
Memory loss - definitely true
Panic attacks - amongst some inexperienced users yes.
Lung damage - misleading
Brain damage - references and to what degree?
Slowed reaction time - Whilst ON the drug yes. But then compare to the legal drugs of alcohol and motor skills?
Change in sex drive - well it can both INCREASE and DECREASE whilst ON the drug.
Death due to impaired driving - This is REALLY scraping the barrel.
False beliefs - explanation needed. And probably again after VERY heavy dosing and only whilst ON the drug.
Unfounded fear or distrust - known as paranoia. Again in a smaller percentage as most users use it to relax. If you felt like this every time you used and considering it isn't physically addictive and not habit forming till a LONG way down the line why would you keep doing it? Also the paranoia stops when the high ends.
Decreased immunity to illnesses - Again, references please!

Users can:
Lack energy and motivation - Yep whilst ON the drug
Lose interest in activities, work, and school - Or gain interest in all those things. School CHILDREN shouldn't be going near drugs, legal or illegal.
Have difficulty concentrating and learning - FOr the vast majority whilst ON the drug yes.

Paternal use. 1. what type of idiot dad is smoking around his pregnant wife or wife and baby anyway? 2. the conception period was testing all drugs excluding marijuana according to your link. :wacko: Is that because they failed to test for it or found that it didn't have a big effect? :shrug:

Cancer causing - for ever research study that says marijuana CAN cause cancer you'll find one that says it prevents it.

This wiki answers link has a fanstastic response to it which totally belittles the wacky claim that you can overdose on Marijuana. It's nonsense and if you had read the claim which has little to no references of any substance whereas the response has facts which are known across the board.

The second link has nothing to do with the effects of medical marijuana and is summed up by the first quote by the sheriff's department that: “Any person making medical marijuana is going to be a target because they have a valuable commodity,”. You have violence caused over people who have gold or jewels or expensive commodities of any kind. You don't make those commodities illegal because they are valuable.

As for this link, like my friend and brother who work in the mental health service the judge's view is biased because he ONLY deals with the wrong end of the marijuana issue. He never has cases of people who use responsibly going into his court case and saying "hey just popped in to say I've been using marijuana recreationally for the last 40 years and it's done me no harm and in fact, I feel it's enhanced my life in numerous ways, helped me question my early violent behaviour and see much of life in a different light which helps me communicate better, build stronger relationships and enjoy the world in ways I couldn't have imagined. I'd also like to point out I have a fully paid off mortgage and a family for four and a job that pays remarkably well" All he gets are the back end of troublesome kids and "yoof" and hoodlums who are in trouble so his view is biased. he doesn't see the whole spectrum he also never gets anyone walking in and saying "well I've been suffering chronic pain for over 7 years and have been prescribed a WHOLE range of drugs by my doctor that don't help so much and leave me feeling crappy and disoriented and so, my son suggested I try some of his home grown pot which is terribly illegal and so I thought the pain was so bad and through his assurances I gave it ago and its helped me live life again"

Thank you very much for this. I wanted to do this on a reply but I cant word things very well! Its alls scaremongering.

I do not possibly think for one second that the health risks of marijuana are worse than alcohol or tobacco.

How would you even know?! Its not like drug dealers are top on morality. I dont think theyd care what was in it. Like you said they only do whats profitable...

I agree that drug dealers can bump up weight by using immoral methods. Which is why every user should be allowed to grow their own.

Also, dealers who do this tend to target the inexperienced as mixing junk in ruins the quality of the pot. Most experiences users don't like bad pot and won't buy from a bad supplier twice.

Bad pot can leave you feeling not very high, a little disoriented and with a headache.

You're totally going to lose your market if that's what your product does.

Something I found out about the other day.

A man smokes an ounce every 2 weeks, basically for the last 40 years. He smoked cigs for like 32 of them, give or take 1-2 years. His lungs were in terrible shape, so his doctor (who knows he smokes marijuana too) advised him to quit smoking cigs. He continued on, until he became very ill from pneumonia (sp?) and had a lung collapse. Into the hospital he went and ended up quitting smoking cold turkey :thumbup: there! Before he quit smoking he suffered from Minor heart problems, high blood pressure, high colesterol, depression and anxiety. Since he quit smoking he no longer has high blood pressure, his heart is doing much better, his anxiety and depression are under control and his colesterol is normalising as he is trying to eat better and is feeling better. He no longer coughs his lungs out when talking/laughing and seems a lot happier. He still continues to smokes large amounts of marijuana and it helps with his pain from degenerative joint disease and bad arthritis in hips and legs. This man has surgery on his hands for his DJD Friday and while talking with his doctor and the anesthesiologist they actually advised him to smoke some before going to the hospital (I LAUGHED... SERIOUSLY? LOL) but they said it would cause him less stress and worry, as this man is very scared of any surgery. They also advised along with the pain medication they are giving him, he should smoke the marijuana to promote healing and help with pain (promote healing in a way as when you feel better, you heal better). Anyway, this man has worked hard his whole life, provided for his family well, is respected and smart, and still a quick thinker and excellent at math figures. I do not think anyone who knows him, thinks any less of him and he is a very heavy user.

Goes to show it depends on the person, not just the substance.

Oh he likes beer too, but he is Canadian lol :)

I would prefer this person slow it down some, but he knows what he is doing and it's not my place to tell any grown man what they can and cannot do in their life... I'm sure it is causing negative effects on him as well, but the positive so far as outweighed the negative in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->