Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

Thinking about what Janidog said, how do the people that use illegal drugs feel about their money funding criminal organisations?

You really don't know where your money is going and i doubt it goes to your local church donation box...

That's another problem that would change with legalisation. People could freely grow their own, stopping money going toward organised crime. I knew exactly where my money went and it definitely wasn't funding terrorism, people trafficking or anything like that. It funded a few nice holidays though!

Errr. Growing and selling cannabis (except under government licence) is illegal and therefore you have paid money to a criminal. Then there is tax evasion as undoubtedly they didn't declare this income to the HMCE. Nice that they can go on a FEW lovely holidays from their ill-gotten gains whilst there are plenty of us working hard who cant afford to go on holiday.

AOB - see my previous post.

The point about quoting the law... the debate is about whether those laws need changing. With that in mind, having information from a biased source, in my view, ends up with having a naive outlook. I take it you mean you don't want Leni taking illegal drugs, which i completely understand; however, as you seem to put complete trust in the government's decisions, if they legalised cannabis and cocaine (however unlikely) would that be ok? The reason I ask is because I'm guessing you won't mind him having alcohol once he's old enough, with all the known risks.

That's another problem that would change with legalisation. People could freely grow their own, stopping money going toward organised crime. I knew exactly where my money went and it definitely wasn't funding terrorism, people trafficking or anything like that. It funded a few nice holidays though!

I agree!!

I need a bath, i'll be back later to write more but im in a rush :lol:

I wouldnt be comfortable with people being able to grow their own, specially with it being addictive. Wouldnt tht be very risky?

surely no more risky than people being able to brew their own wine or beer?

I find it quite amusing when people mention about legalising it, how it would stop criminal activity. This would not stop criminal activity.

If you were allowed to grow your own, would you want to have holes in your walls and ceilings with heat lamps going 24/7???? And with you baby sleeping in the house? You wouldn't do it to your own house, so why should you want to do it a rented house??

For those parents that smoke dope whilst your children are in the house, i really question your ability to function as a parent. My views would be the same to an alcoholic parent as well

And those posts really aren't productive to the debate!

Janidog - i don't think anyone has said anything about smoking in the house while their kids are there. And as for holes in the ceilig, heat lamps etc that is what is required to grow enough to supply. I would imagine one or two plants would be enough for personal use.

Janidog - i don't think anyone has said anything about smoking in the house while their kids are there. And as for holes in the ceilig, heat lamps etc that is what is required to grow enough to supply. I would imagine one or two plants would be enough for personal use.

Would you say that it would be ok to smoke a joint outside in your garden and then come in 10/20mins later to see to your baby???

is there anyone on here that actually still smokes weed? if so, when do you do it? and how long after smoking it do you hold your baby?

I'd probably treat it the same way i do with cigarettes. Put on a coat whilst your outside and take it off before they go near A. But the chances of someone smoking cannabis in the day at my house are very slim.

And to defend the person whose OH smokes, he does it when LO is asleep.

Well actually for the most part this is a logical and sensible debate between adults, hence it being in the debate section, if it were intended to be an all out free for all bashing then it would have been in GC :dohh:

Thank you hun :) Yes, he will do it when the kids are in bed. We already had the discussion when I was pregnant with Kaleb, that he wouldn't interact with our LO at all if he did that... but even if he did, it wouldn't be bad. I mean he isn't all wacked out of it, most people wouldn't be able to tell if he had just done it, other than the smell because it can stink terrible.

Would you say that it would be ok to smoke a joint outside in your garden and then come in 10/20mins later to see to your baby???

Personally i would view that as the same as being drunk around a child, not the done nor acceptable thing

Smoking cigarettes doesnt alter your mental state, so i dont think that one can be compared in this instance

I agree if someone is really stoned, but tbh one joint doesn't get my friends really stoned. In fact, you can't even tell. They wouldn't ever pick him up anyway as they're not baby people!

Personally i would view that as the same as being drunk around a child, not the done nor acceptable thing

Smoking cigarettes doesnt alter your mental state, so i dont think that one can be compared in this instance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->