Illegal drugs - worse than legal ones?

I would hate for cannabis to be legalised as tbh smoking, for me,in public is bad enough. Would I want to be standing next to a man/woman at the bus stop smoking a joint? No way! Especially not with Adam in tow.

So if it was legalised what we talking.. same as alcohol - not on the streets - or like smoking - basically anywhere barr indoors? Would there be an age limit on it?

And with regards to RP saying it can be grown outdoors in uk - that I most certainly would not like. I mean children would be able to get their hands on it easier that way.

id be happier if it remained illegal.

I would hate for cannabis to be legalised as tbh smoking, for me,in public is bad enough. Would I want to be standing next to a man/woman at the bus stop smoking a joint? No way! Especially not with Adam in tow.
So if it was legalised what we talking.. same as alcohol - not on the streets - or like smoking - basically anywhere barr indoors? Would there be an age limit on it?

And with regards to RP saying it can be grown outdoors in uk - that I most certainly would not like. I mean children would be able to get their hands on it easier that way.

See now as a smoker, i find the above bolded just rude and bad mannered. I smoke, not anybody else, so why do it around others who dont smoke unless youve asked if they mind? It actually makes me feel a little uncomfortable and id rather smoke somewhere away from others where i can enjoy it in peace like intended :lol:

Thats a bit of a peeve of mine :lol:

I too would prefer it to remain illegal i think, i just cant be 100% comfy with the idea of it being legal

Well you wouldn't grow it in the streets, you'd grow it in your garden or a plant pot in the shed or in a greenhouse where kids aren't allowed to go. And the smoking ban would still apply as it does to shisha pipes in arab restaurants which aren't allowed anymore indoors!

Anyway the debate's pretty much done isn't it? :blush: I am beginning to feel a little like I'm on a roundabout.

PB I find your posts thought provoking by the way. It's because you seem to have a very moderate but opposing view and it doesn't seem fraught with bias but more with genuine concern for society and individuals.

BB I respect your viewpoint and although would like to point and say "AAAAH BUT YOU DRANK AT YOUR BROTHERS BIRTHDAY HUH!? HUH!? HUH!?" but i know that's totally unfair and I see that you have an interesting although in my eyes extreme opposing view which is very idealistic and a little scary in terms of freedoms etc. for me. But still very valid as it's not contradictory.

DJ - I think we frighteningly have the EXACT same view. :haha::blush:

Thanks all for the thread and I hope maybe something new and interesting comes up on the topic of legal V illegal drugs instead of on the topic of "oooh isn't cannabis and bad evil drug and those who do it irresponsible and scary people with no sense of right or wrong who would most likely sell their children just for one hit! :dohh:". It's in the title peeps!

To finish my viewpoint: Illegal worse than legal? Not according to studies which show in terms of addiction, bodily harm or violence under the influence as well of in terms of direct deaths caused by, alcohol is worse than cannabis. :shrug: good night folks!
:flower:

See now as a smoker, i find the above bolded just rude and bad mannered. I smoke, not anybody else, so why do it around others who dont smoke unless youve asked if they mind? It actually makes me feel a little uncomfortable and id rather smoke somewhere away from others where i can enjoy it in peace like intended :lol:

Thats a bit of a peeve of mine :lol:

I too would prefer it to remain illegal i think, i just cant be 100% comfy with the idea of it being legal

When I was pregnant I actually had someone blow smoke in my face as they passed me. I think some people just don't think tbh. May be unintentional in some cases and thats what I think would happen with cannabis - people would end up having to inhale it passively and I do not like the idae of that one bit.

And those posts really aren't productive to the debate!

Janidog - i don't think anyone has said anything about smoking in the house while their kids are there. And as for holes in the ceilig, heat lamps etc that is what is required to grow enough to supply. I would imagine one or two plants would be enough for personal use.

Would you say that it would be ok to smoke a joint outside in your garden and then come in 10/20mins later to see to your baby???

Personally i would view that as the same as being drunk around a child, not the done nor acceptable thing

Smoking cigarettes doesnt alter your mental state, so i dont think that one can be compared in this instance

i think she may be on about the smell also. cos lets face it,smoke lingers xx

What do you do with smoking cigs, or what did you do before? I think I remember you writing about smoking before...? Maybe I'm wrong...

have you been stalking me?:haha: i used to smoke. i used to change my top,spray perfume,popped chewing gum into my mouth and wash my hands

lol No, but I read a smoking thread a while back and I thought you were in there, lol

Congratulations on quitting! :thumbup: I quit too, and I'm so glad I did. I just wish OH would, I don't pressure and hound him, but he knows I would prefer if he did... How long have you been quit for?

I make him brush his teeth too, I find the smell so terrible since I quit...

its only been 11 days:haha: i find the smell awful too but when i get stressed,cigs are all i think about. my hormones are going wild at the minute,so if i shout at anyone you know why:blush:

I quit the day Kayleigh was born... I sure wish I would have before, but sadly I wasn't ready... :( I couldn't smoke another now, I mean there are days I still miss it, but I know I'm better off without.

Again congratulations on quitting! You can do it! :)

i actually agree. if cannibis were legalized then you cant expect it to affect other people by smoking it in public. but if you could only smoke indoors then your child is at risk. so no,cannibis sholdint be made legal

i actually agree. if cannibis were legalized then you cant expect it to affect other people by smoking it in public. but if you could only smoke indoors then your child is at risk. so no,cannibis sholdint be made legal

Ever heard of gardens? :shrug:

Aw, redpoppy, i might call you in for backup at some point :haha:

I like your conclusion and, funnily enough, i agree!

Janidog - i don't think anyone has said anything about smoking in the house while their kids are there. And as for holes in the ceilig, heat lamps etc that is what is required to grow enough to supply. I would imagine one or two plants would be enough for personal use.

Would you say that it would be ok to smoke a joint outside in your garden and then come in 10/20mins later to see to your baby???

Personally i would view that as the same as being drunk around a child, not the done nor acceptable thing

Smoking cigarettes doesnt alter your mental state, so i dont think that one can be compared in this instance

What do you do with smoking cigs, or what did you do before? I think I remember you writing about smoking before...? Maybe I'm wrong...

have you been stalking me?:haha: i used to smoke. i used to change my top,spray perfume,popped chewing gum into my mouth and wash my hands

lol No, but I read a smoking thread a while back and I thought you were in there, lol

Congratulations on quitting! :thumbup: I quit too, and I'm so glad I did. I just wish OH would, I don't pressure and hound him, but he knows I would prefer if he did... How long have you been quit for?

its only been 11 days:haha: i find the smell awful too but when i get stressed,cigs are all i think about. my hormones are going wild at the minute,so if i shout at anyone you know why:blush:

I quit the day Kayleigh was born... I sure wish I would have before, but sadly I wasn't ready... :( I couldn't smoke another now, I mean there are days I still miss it, but I know I'm better off without.

thanks.thats what worries me,still craving it after so long. once you've had any addiction i dont think you ever truely get over it

Ever heard of gardens? :shrug:

ever heard of next door neighbours,who may have kids and the smell will waft into their house if their door/window is open:shrug:

Well you wouldn't grow it in the streets, you'd grow it in your garden or a plant pot in the shed or in a greenhouse where kids aren't allowed to go. And the smoking ban would still apply as it does to shisha pipes in arab restaurants which aren't allowed anymore indoors!

Anyway the debate's pretty much done isn't it? :blush: I am beginning to feel a little like I'm on a roundabout.

PB I find your posts thought provoking by the way. It's because you seem to have a very moderate but opposing view and it doesn't seem fraught with bias but more with genuine concern for society and individuals.

BB I respect your viewpoint and although would like to point and say "AAAAH BUT YOU DRANK AT YOUR BROTHERS BIRTHDAY HUH!? HUH!? HUH!?" but i know that's totally unfair and I see that you have an interesting although in my eyes extreme opposing view which is very idealistic and a little scary in terms of freedoms etc. for me. But still very valid as it's not contradictory.

DJ - I think we frighteningly have the EXACT same view. :haha::blush:

Thanks all for the thread and I hope maybe something new and interesting comes up on the topic of legal V illegal drugs instead of on the topic of "oooh isn't cannabis and bad evil drug and those who do it irresponsible and scary people with no sense of right or wrong who would most likely sell their children just for one hit! :dohh:". It's in the title peeps!

To finish my viewpoint: Illegal worse than legal? Not according to studies which show in terms of addiction, bodily harm or violence under the influence as well of in terms of direct deaths caused by, alcohol is worse than cannabis. :shrug: good night folks!
:flower:

But kids could easily get into your garden if they wanted? Well the kids round my way could! And if they knew you were growing that what'd stop them?

People can still get their hands on it while its illegal but it is more difficult and thats what I like about it. The law being there is a deterrant for some, i believe anyway..

On the whole though I'd defo say illegal drugs are far worse than legal. Although the thread concentrated on cannabis, it neglected emphasis on the far more dangerous illegal drugs like cocaine, heroin, e's, lsd etc.. In my eyes they are worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

thanks.thats what worries me,still craving it after so long. once you've had any addiction i dont think you ever truely get over it

Nope, I don't either... I know people who have been quit for years now and still don't feel fully done iykwim? I still don't feel I can say I'm an ex smoker... but I don't smoke lol

It's not bad though, when upset, or when talking about it, I think about it but not much at all now. :)

LOL DJ, i thought that :lol:

Where do you or would you draw the line? I think from the viewpoint of it altering your mental state alone that it wouldnt be safe to make it legal to smoke out in public around others, in your own property maybe so?

Babybump - not everyone has children :shrug:

there are more people with children then without. dont ask me for statistics:haha:

For me to believe a statement like that i need figures!

I think if it were legalised people would use common sense to be honest. It is just like cigarettes. I have asked people to move away from A when smoking and i've never once had a horrible comment back!

Where do you or would you draw the line? I think from the viewpoint of it altering your mental state alone that it wouldnt be safe to make it legal to smoke out in public around others, in your own property maybe so?

I'd say on your own property and possibly some designated spaces in pub gardens, away from the other areas. I'd much rather be surrounded by stoned people than drunk ones!

I'd say on your own property and possibly some designated spaces in pub gardens, away from the other areas. I'd much rather be surrounded by stoned people than drunk ones!

the thing is though. people being allowed to smoke weed is not going to stop them from drinking,cos if they werent drinking then why would they be in the pub?

Who said anything about it stopping them? i meant it purely from the perspective of the worry about it affecting someone's mental state. Although i found it hard to get drunk whilst stoned when i used to smoke.

I don't drink alcohol but i go to the pub!

I find it quite amusing when people mention about legalising it, how it would stop criminal activity. This would not stop criminal activity.

If you were allowed to grow your own, would you want to have holes in your walls and ceilings with heat lamps going 24/7???? And with you baby sleeping in the house? You wouldn't do it to your own house, so why should you want to do it a rented house??

For those parents that smoke dope whilst your children are in the house, i really question your ability to function as a parent. My views would be the same to an alcoholic parent as well

Why would you need holes in the walls for small amount personal use LOL. Also the decision to slam parenting is lame and judgemental. Not every weed smoker will smoke 24/7. Very judgemental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->