I'm a closet co-sleeper! Anyone else feel they have to hide their parenting choices?

I have to honest- I have contemplated just telling my Pediatrician that Corrine sleeps in her crib because she obviously doesn't agree with me co-sleeping. I hate that I even am thinking like that too because I'm not typically someone that wants to lie.. but I just don't want to hear it!

hah, I can't hide that we cosleep, boy refers to 'our bed' lol

Why do people feel ashamed of how they raise their children? As long as they grow up confident and safe, who's to judge? Everyone said I'm building a rod for my own back by not letting Alex get himself into hysterics and picking him up at the first sign of tears. It's harder to calm an hysterical baby than a slightly sniffly one :dohh:

What on earth is with this 'leave them to get really upset' business. Why teach your child he has to be hysterical before someone will listen to him?

Can't understand it at all!

I CO SLEEP PART TIME AND I AM PROUD! :D
I also let my LO make her own routine and sometimes, she doesn't go to bed till 11pm AND WHAT JUDGEMENTAL BITCHES?!
:rofl:
Feels good to get that out! Sick of having to defend my decisions x

I also co-sleep, feed on demand and let him nap in my arms or i lie down with him, but OMG between my mum and MIL they both think Im making a "rod for my own back" ad what about when I go back to work blah blah blah, and if MIL mentions just one more time about how I should leave LO in the cot to cry :growlmad: it makes my blood boil just thinking about it, OH made a joke about how MIL should come over (we are the other side of the world) and try to convince me and I was ready to slap him! :gun:

Ive honestly thought about lying, since they are all so far away and will never find out, either that or just telling them to sod off and leave me to parent how I want!! but I just bite my tongue instead!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->