I'm a coward

Tantan

Nathan, Brandon & Bump
Reaction score
I keep putting it off telling my job. It seems like it is never going to be the right time to tell them and I wouldn't mind but I'm already showing.

Why can't you tell them? I told mine as soon as I knew!! If you're showing you'll need to tell them soon or rumours will start!!! You could put it in a letter? I'm not very good at advice, sorry! x

Being nervous is natural, don't worry. It is scary when you hear of people who have been made to feel bad for being pregnant, especially when you're so happy yourself! Be honest and I'm sure the relief of getting it out will make you feel so much more excited about everything. Remember, you can't be punished for being pregnant!!!

I don't know what to say because it's up to you when to tell but remember you have to tell them by 20 or 25 weeks .. so you've got a while

Also depends what your job is, don't want to be doing things that are 'dangerous'.
But at the same time I feel I've been discriminated against at work because I'm pregnant so next time I'll be keeping scchum!

You will need to tell them so you can take time off for antenatal appts and such like, don't worry, it's not like they can sack you for being pregnant hun!! xx

If your showing they've probably already guessed, and the longer you leave it the more peed they're going to be. I told my boss day after I found out I'm over 19 weeks now and still haven't had a risk assessment done and they tried to keep my maternity pack from me. Tbh I think they're trying to make me quit giving me the worst shifts and trying tomake me do stock moves. I can't wait til my maternity and a year without them. I hope they wouldn't but leaving it longer might make your boss act like mine. Good luck and congrats on bubs :) x

I came in monday and told my line manager which was fine, then she was so excited she kept asking me when i was telling everyone i said i didnt know, then because i used to attend scottish slimmers (not now) all the girls asked how i got on this week so i just told then i woul not be going back due to being pregnant, and from there is spread like wild fire lol

I was really nervous but now everyone knows i feel more relaxed at my work

Its best to tell them sooner rather than later then you can get everything sorted out regrading your maternity leave / Pay ect.

Good LUck xx

I was waiting until I got my scan and that was last Thursday. I work in accounts so the only danger I'd have is getting told off by a supplier for being late for a payment. We have our auditors in at the moment so everyone is stressed so that is making it harder to tell my manager.

I know I can't get sack but for some reason I feel really guilty as I only came back from maternity leave in November. I'm off on exam leave until next Friday so it looks like I'm going to have to leave it until then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->