I'm a horrible mom

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
I feel so horrible right now. I went to grab a shirt out of the closet to try on that my mother had bought me and left Colin for 5 seconds on the bed. I heard this big thump and turned around and he had fallen off the bed. He's got a red mark on his forehead and a bit of a bump a little bit above that. :cry: I feel like such a failure right now. I knew better then to leave him too but I thought he'd be ok just for the few seconds it took. I don't deserve to have him :cry: He seems fine and my aunt says he looks ok and that all her kids had bumps like that and they were fine but I feel so inadequate right now as his mom.

:hugs: Oh hun! :hugs: You are not a bad mommy! Little kids fall and get bumps and bruises all the time! It's not your fault at all and I'm sure he's forgotten it all by now :flower:

Aw hun :hugs: Don't feel bad! If you could foresee him falling you wouldn't have left him. I've also learnt the hard way not to turn my back on Summer for a second but accidents happen. As long as he's ok xx

:hugs: your not a bad mum accidents happens :flower:

:hugs: Aww hun, you're not a bad mum, these things happen. I felt a bit like this yesterday - I got up off the sofa to pick something up and didn't realise that DH had laid down with LO. I sat on the poor little thing and was freaking out for the rest of the night. It's scary how quickly these accidents can happen, it doesn't mean you're a bad mum.

Your not the bad mum in the slightest :hugs: these things happen to everyone x

Aw :hug: You're totally not a bad mummy - I went through exactly the same feelings last week when Sophie was sitting on the floor and suddenly toppled back against the fireplace and hit her head on the sharp corner. She had a bump on the back of her head and I felt terrible - I hadn't even taken my eyes off her - I was sitting with her and it still happened too fast for me to catch her, but I blamed myself for having her too close to the fireplace. I wrote a very similar post on here and everyone said their babies got bumps all the time once they were on the move. As long as your LO is ok that's the main thing - he'll have forgotten about it long before you will, I'm sure!

xxxx

Accidents happen hun, it doesn't make you a bad mum at all.

I remember a couple of months ago, Ethan was on the sofa with me, I got up to move his high chair out of the way and I hadn't put the padded cushion near him to prevent him rolling off, so when I turned round after 2 seconds, he was on the edge of the sofa and I didn't make it in time to stop him from falling. Luckily it wasn't too high a drop and his folding changing mat was on the floor so protected his head from too big a bump, but even so, he still dropped and went thump and he was so upset. I felt so awful, because the high chair could have waited. They move so quick sometimes, it's amazing!
Don't be so hard on yourself xxx

Keep an eye on him hon...that is considered a severe fall (over his height). If you have any concerns...seek help immediately! We all have moments that we aren't proud of...but we are human. I left my oldest daughter alone with my son when she was 4 months old, and I didn't realize he was feeding her playdough, and next thing I knew I was banging her upside down as she flew around in my arms limp, blue, and choking.

My LO has fallen off the bed too, at around the same age, because I pure and simply took my eyes off him for a few seconds. I know you feel terrible but it happens. There's a sticky at the top of this forum all about this sort of thing, it'll make you feel better :) xx

Happens to everyone, should get used to it though when he's a toddler and older he'll likely manage to get plenty of cuts and bruises from playing!
I turned by back once (literally had only turned around, still against the bed) and within a second I felt a baby head on my bum trying to fall off the edge!

Dont worry hun, Accidents happen all the time, It doesnt make you a bad mummy :hugs: Its not like it was delibarate!

My OH let Amari fall of the bed the other day by accident as he turned around, She cried and cried, But after a quick nap and a feed she was right as rain :flower:

Happens to everyone, don't panic! When I was little my mum was changing me on a chest of draws and I rolled off. Happens to everyone. :) xx

Happens to everyone, don't panic! When I was little my mum was changing me on a chest of draws and I rolled off. Happens to everyone. :) xx

That reminds me of when I was little, the one and only time my mom forgot to put up the baby gate I fell down the stairs into the basement. I wasn't too hurt though, other than a few splinters, I can even remember it still and I wasn't much older than a year old. I even remember what happened leading up to it and my brother chasing me into the kitchen while I went full speed ahead in my walker, turned the corner and BAM down the steps :haha:

awww hun your not bad at all!! we are all human after all stuff happens i'm afraid:cry: honestly, if you could see, half the stuff iv'e caught my lot up too:haha: and the accidents that have happened!! :blush: example - a 2yr sucking on a razor!!!! luckily all was fine but like i said things happen sometimes! sorry to say it only gets worse!!! :haha: try not to worry though really its fine :hugs::hugs: oh and yes when my 1st was about 9 months he rolled of the bed too :( but it happens x

Dont be so hard on yourself. Accidents happen all the time!! I bet your mum can tell you about loads of accidents you got yourself into as a kid!!

Of course you deserve to have him!! You love him unconditionally. The fact your worrying shows how much you love him!!

Try and relax :hugs: xxx

Seriously your LO having an accident in no way makes you a bad mother. :hugs: It's called an 'accident' for a reason. Emma has fallen off our bed a few times before she learned to get off it herself. And has had some other pretty nasty falls that I could've probably prevented. We can't watch them 24-7 so things are bound to happen. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->