I'm a Mrs!!!

katherinegrey

Reaction score
That's it! We've booked it! Following much discussion we decided to go ahead and just book a cheap and cheerful wedding and then have a big vow renewal when we can afford it :cloud9:

We've just booked the registry office to set the date for now, we're going to view the reception venue on Friday and hopefully book it, they've quoted us an amazing £160 for room hire and in house DJ! We just have to negotiate food now. We've already got my dress so just everything else to sort! The whole thing should come in at a bargain £1000. It won't be my 'dream' wedding, but it's the marriage that's important, and as my dream wedding was coming in at well over £5000, it'll do for now. I'm still aiming for a nice wedding, just on a very small scale.

Already getting grief from MIL to be, as she doesn't want me to put it on facebook, but it's MY wedding and I want to announce it, when I was pregnant she announced it before my 12 week scan when I'd asked her to wait until after, so all DF's family knew before my friends and family, and it looks like it's going to be the same with the wedding :( she's normally very nice and we get on okay since I've had LO, I think she just likes to steal my announcements from me :shrug: :growlmad:

Little introduction, I'm 22 next month and DF is 23 in August, we met when I was just 14 as we went to the same school, we were on and off at school, and then when we both left school we didn't see each other again until I was 18, then we started properly dating, so we've been together nearly four years. :cloud9: We have a small son and live together in our own home.

https://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/j0cjmsh.png

https://dwdf.daisypath.com/rySbp1.png

Wooohoooo how exciting!!!! Balls to your MIL, put it on fb if you want! It semms a lot of them think its their day, idiots!! lol!
Are you excited? xx

Woo hoo! Congratulations on setting a date! I'm so jealous. My parents' anniversary is the 26th of July and they'll have been married 34 years this year so it's obviously a good date! Announce it whatever way you want. It's your special news, not hers!

Thank you so much, I'm very excited :D, I've facebooked it now so sod her! I just put 'four months to go', so let people make of that what they will.

I've bought a couple of decorations for our venue today :D It's a lovely room with big exposed beams and a very vintage feel, so I'm trying to keep the vintage theme going, I've bought two four tea light holders in ivory with hearts in front of them so when lit they'll throw heart shapes, and a large ivory heart shaped memo board, I thought we could hang it on the door and put photo's of us in it so that people see it as they walk in :)

Yay for setting a date and deciding what to do. The day will still be your dream day. You might not have all the frills you think you want, but it will be a beautiful, intimate day and it'll be just perfect :flower:

Congratulations on setting a date :)
Your day will be perfect no matter how big or small!

All the stuff you brought sounds lovely!

Just adding a couple of pictures, this is my dress and the vintage decorations I bought yesterday.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 13
Bought a lovely me to you wedding guest book and our evening invites today, only cheap ones for the evening, hoping to order our day invites later today when we've seen the venue and seen if it's as nice as I remember, then we're hopefully booking the venue later today :D

Attachments

• $(KGrHqRHJEQE88dEze0oBPZENKqdyg~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqRHJEQE88dEze0oBPZENKqdyg~~60_12.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 2
oh lovely dress!!
can we see the venue? (my current obsession!)
tell MIL to be she can stuff it!

Wow what a dress! You're getting married a day before me! How exciting :)

Thank you so much :) I would post a picture of the venue but it must be the only place on the planet yet to have a website, so we have no pictures! I will attach a picture of the registry office though.

My big brother is now trying to throw a spanner in the works :( The registry office only holds 30, and he wants his wife's adult son to come to the ceremony. There simply isn't room, but now he's saying how SIL is going to take it as a 'personal insult'. He isn't anything to me, I've seen him about twice in my life, I only want very close family and friends but now I'm going to offend them.

Attachments

• regoffice.jpg
    regoffice.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
If you don't really have anything to do with the son then I think its fair enough not to invite him! And she also has no reason to be insulted! Some people just think they should have a say in your wedding xx

THATS your registry office??!! It's stunning!!! Our registry offices around here are all crappy concrete building from the 70s and look utterly hideous :lol: That's the only reason a registry wedding was out of the question for us. Haha

Your dress is stunning too. Is that you in it?? You look gorgeous!

As for your SILs son, if you don't want him, don't invite him. We have a similar dilemma with my SILs two kids from previous relationship. We have nothing to do with them (they are school age) but can already guarantee SIL will want to bring them :dohh: I'm telling my brother today that the two aren't invited...should go down like a tonne of bricks :lol:
But I agree, your SIL has no right to feel insulted. Being invited to witness someone's marriage is an privilege, not a right. Some people don't realise that though!!

Congratulations Katherine:hugs: what a lovely dress.. you will make one beautiful bride! I am sure your df will fall in love with you all over again.. god bless... you have a cute little boy.

Thank you all so much, yes it is quite a nice building, it's right next to a huge park as well we could have photo's in :) Yes that's me in the dress :), I still have to try and lose a bit of my mum tum though yet! :haha: Yes, it went down like a tonne of bricks with us too, my name is mud with my brother now I'm sure :haha: Oh well, you're totally right, watching two people make the most important promises of their life is a privilege and not a right like they think it is.

Bought some beautiful rose shaped tea lights from Sainsburys yesterday in the sale they've got on, they'd only got three packs so I bought all three packs :haha: I thought I'd combine those with my regular ivory vanilla tea lights to go around our centre pieces (which I have yet to decide what they'll be :dohh:), our colour scheme is ivory with hints of pink.

Wow your dress is beautiful and the registry office looks lovely!

Love the sound of your colour scheme, what shade of pink you having ?

Thank you very much, not sure yet, we were going to go baby pink or dusky pink, so either one of those!

Just ordered the invitations! £30 for 20 invites! I suppose £1.50 per invite isn't too bad, but considering I've made them myself it's not very cheap really. Mind you, £5 of that was delivery. Here are my invitations, DF wanted a picture of our son on them and this was the only way I could think of doing it, I actually much preferred some other invitations if I'm honest!

Attachments

• lp.jpg
    lp.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
Busy day today, ordered the chair covers, there's a shop by us that do them for 99p including sash and set up! Ordered a candy cart too :cloud9: It's beautiful and ties in very well with my vintage theme, they're doing an offer on that too, £100 for cart set up and sweets for 50 people! Ordered some balloon bouquets too for the venue in pink and ivory :)

Also bought vases for the centrepieces, IKEA, 65p per vase! Also bought tea light holders £2 for 12. Spent £12 in total for 8 vases and all the tea light holders. I love a bargain!

Congrats! I love your dress, is it Lusan Mandongus? Your registry office looks amazing too! Sorry you're having to deal with family politics already, it's so tough trying to please everyone but try to remember it's you and your fiancé who matter most, everyone else should be grateful for an invite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->