I'm a Mrs!!!

Thank you very much, it's a Sottero and Midgley, I love Sottero dresses :cloud9: You're so right, people seem to think they have a god given right to be there when it should be a privilege .

Ugh. Having to invite brothers step kids to wedding after all. Also having to have my six bridesmaids. Horrendous. I hope it's all worth it on the day, it's going to cost me a fortune in flowers, I need 7 button holes, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, a bridal bouquet, two corsages for the mothers and thank you flowers, oh and flowers for the centrepieces.

Also having to change my whole colour scheme from pink to claret. Guest book won't match and will have to buy more candles, but I suppose that's not too big of a change.

Why are you having to? If you look on ebay you can get good deals on artificial flowers :) xx

DF has decided he hates pink and wants claret, he hasn't asked for much in this wedding so it's only fair I give him a say really. It means getting in touch with chair cover hire lady and changing sash colour though, I hope she doesn't mind!

Having an issue with the bridesmaids dresses, we've received them and they come up VERY small :dohh: We've gone for forever yours bridesmaids dresses, my three thinner bridesmaids fit in them lovely, but my three bigger girls do not. They told me what sizes to order and they don't actually fit in the sizes they told me to order, they're all hoping to slim down into them I think, but what if they don't?!

Invitations have been shipped! Hoping to get them tomorrow but it will probably be after the weekend I imagine now.

Order of service has arrived! We have to pick the legal declaration to say and one out of a list of different vows/promises, DF is a nightmare to pick with, he's decided we're saying one of them and that's it, we haven't discussed it properly even :dohh: We also have to pick 4 songs, one for when guests are being seated, one for my arrival, one for our departure and one for us signing the register. So not sure what to have!

Just looked at my receipt and invitations are arriving from the Netherlands :dohh: I thought they were from the UK, so god knows when I'll receive them!

I'm worried about the sizing of the bridesmaids dresses too. Two of them are on the larger which of course isn't a problem but one of them likes to think she's smaller than she is so I'm worried that she will give me the wrong size and she won't fit into it.

This is exactly what's happened with my girls! They've all told me the wrong sizes hoping they'll 'slim into it', which now means we have three months and the girls don't fit in their dresses!

I think I will just tell them that if they give me the right size and pse weight they can have it altered but if they don't fit into the dress on the day they won't be a bridesmaid and hopefully it will encourage them to give me the right size. I hope your bridesmaids manage to slim into them in time. I'd make them give me the money for them back if they didn't lol xx

Id change the bridesmaid dresses if i was you to fit them now, your wedding isnt that far off so i think its very risky, what if they don't loose the weight, then they have no dress!! Much better for it to be too big than too small!!

Yeah I would be changing the dresses too! My BM dress is a size bigger than my BM and its a good job because a size smaller wouldn't have done her xx

I don't think I'd be sleeping easy knowing that the dresses didn't fit. I love my girls, but trust them to lose enough weight to drop a dress size? I don't think so. I'd be freaking out :lol: Can you exchange the dresses or is it a done deal now??

I'm not at all! We can't change them either :( I'm thinking of getting all 6 girls round and they can all fight it out amongst themselves and then if they don't fit, not my problem! Shouldn't have told me to order the wrong sizes!

Went to hobby craft and bought some foam roses for the centrepieces, also bought some 'just married' bunting to put along the big exposed beams at our venue. Also bought my garter :) it's got a blue bow on it so that's my something blue! I now need something borrowed, something old and something new! I think I will borrow my sister's watch, and my nans ring for the something old, and my something new can be my dress. I was looking at shapewear in M&S and the pants were £30! I'm not paying £30 for a pair of Bridget Jones knickers, I have nearly four months to trim down and turn myself back into my pre-pregnancy self, although I think there's fat chance of that happening to be honest! Invitations should be here in a week! Then I can send them out :D

Also still trying to sort out music for the ceremony and first dance and the parents dance, I definitely want Celine Dion Because You Loved Me for the parents dance, I definitely want Shania Twain You're Still the One to exit to, and I think I want Nickelback You're Never Gonna be Alone for our first dance, I just need a song to walk down the aisle to and a song to play as the guests arrive.

Bought DF's wedding ring, he wanted a black and silver titanium ring so that's what I've bought him, he said he only wanted a cheap ring because he destroys everything at work :haha: It's only cost me £8.45 off of eBay. Bargain! Hope it's okay and it fits when it arrives!

Ugh one of my bridesmaids might have pulled out. Not happy. She keeps saying she doesn't want to come because her and her mom have fallen out and her mom will be at the wedding, the problem is her mother is my SIL, so I can't not have my SIL there! She's my step niece and now she's saying she might not come at all. I feel like saying fine don't bother, I only want people there who love us and don't want to cause drama for us, not some drama queen 15 year old who's going to sit there sulking all day. I'm not going to beg her to come, if she doesn't want to, fine.

On a positive note I've just arranged to buy some shoes with a lady off eBay! £30 so it's not too bad a price for next shoes, they're absolutely beautiful.

Attachments

• $T2eC16NHJGQFFh4,-9CpBRZnokI8(w~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16NHJGQFFh4,-9CpBRZnokI8(w~~60_57.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4
  • $T2eC16h,!)EE9s2uiwbmBRZnow6Kfg~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16h,!)EE9s2uiwbmBRZnow6Kfg~~60_57.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4
Oh, how awful. I'd feel the same.

The shoes are GORGEOUS xx

what a horrible situation for your bridesmaids to put you in :nope: is she one of the ones who can't fit in their dresses?

absolutely loving those shoes :happydance:

No, I wish! She's one of the three who does fit in their dresses :dohh: I've decided she's not coming. Simple. I'm not dealing with drama on my wedding day. It's just not happening. I'm annoyed about it, sure, but I'll get over it, I won't get over having my day spoiled.

Going to try my dress on with my shoes later and see how it all looks, fingers crossed it all looks okay as my shoes are quite high, I don't want my dress two inches too short!

ohhhh fingers crossed they go well together, do we get another pic? your dress is stunning btw :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->