im confused :S

aiimee12345

pregnant!!
Reaction score
hi girls :D

i went to MW yesterday & she put this growth chart thing in my notes.. but didnt explain it iv only jus looked at it...
there is 3 different lines on it.. if i go to 40weeks bumps only going to weigh 3600 grams at the most .. if i go to 42weeks it wil weigh 4000 at the most im confused what this chart is for? wil this actually be right? xxxx

Hey hun, thats your fundal height chart (for when the midwife measures your bump) the middle line is your "normal" measurement, the bottom is the lowest it should be and the top line is the hightest your measurment should be.

And then the midwife will mark where your bumps measuring across the weeks to give an estimated weight like you say 3000 grams or whatever.

But it is completely estimated! My midwife even said to me yesterday its not completely reliable because you can't see how much water is in there with baby etc

Hope that made sense :wacko:

xxx

Does everyone get one? I haven't received a chart and i'm 24 weeks xx

yea i got one too my estimated weight for baby at the top of the chart is 10lb 14oz OMG i hope its wrong..:haha:
i had one last time and it said baby was going to be huge and he was 7lb 4oz i had tons of fluid..

I think everyone gets one, its customised for your weight and height so I think so, maybe you'll get one at your next appointment, mines been there since 20 week scan but yesterday was the first time the midwife measured.

I think my maximum is 8lb so not too bad! I do think they're not that accurate though

xxx

Hopefully :p if not i'll ask at my appointment next week xx

wel i saw her puttin mine it but never realised what it was till today... & im only 18weeks! but dont think they start measuring til bout 24weeks or maybe more... cus its like got dates across the bottom... must be when they measure or sumat xx

my last baba was a kick in the teeth of 5050 grams :D

i dont think them charts are quite accurate, even the scans arnt, they kept scanning me after my 20week scan becuase i was a petite 5ft3 size 6 and they were calculating i was going to have a 10lb+ baby!!!
scans every 4 weeks and measuring my tummy, out he pops at 7lbs exactly! no idea why he was measuring so big on the scans becuase he was perfectly normal and his head was a normal size, not large.
ill add a picy....
https://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/CSirl/pics008.jpg

awwwwwwww :O... he is sooo cute!!!
i want mine now lol!
he is lovely...
& i no im only 5foot 2 i think ... & size 6... i did weigh nearly 8 stone now i gone down to 6 & half... but MW doesnt really seem that bothered as my bump is growing... x
jus got to say how gawjus he is again :D

awwwwwwww :O... he is sooo cute!!!
i want mine now lol!
he is lovely...
& i no im only 5foot 2 i think ... & size 6... i did weigh nearly 8 stone now i gone down to 6 & half... but MW doesnt really seem that bothered as my bump is growing... x
jus got to say how gawjus he is again :D

oo your the same size as me! is it the sickness thats made u loose weight? my normal weight is around 7stone but im up to 8stone 4 now i think, a bit of a chunk eh?! haha i dont mind becuase with my son i was the same i went up to 9 stone something and lost it all and extra in 2-3months. so im going to eat away (and i type this eating a krisy kreme donut! yum!)
its good that your bumps growing though, and im always envious of women who stay slim all over with a neat bump!
and thanks, ash is great, hes very cute! changed alot though, his black hair turned blonde by the time he was one! xx

awww :D
& i was only sick bout three or four times :S
i been in hospital when i was 14weeks and when i come out i was 8stone.. but since then i gone down to 6 & half :S

and lol i jus cant do my jeans up no more they hurt if i do them up lol.. so wearing mostly legggins.. ther more comfy! and lol.. i love eating but i jus dont seem to get heavier :S... but if i eat too much i get full really quickly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->