Im Confused..

that's crazy... we're due the same week and my LOs heart rate was 140 last week, and he is constantly shifting / moving / hiccuping - if I was you... I'd be demanding almost constant attention... a scan... something to reassure me that he's okay - maybe a second opinion from a different midwife / doctor?

How about we give the OP a chance before shooting down her "story?" :shrug:

Were u put on the monitors ?

I know when i was put on the monitor, and my LO heartrate dropped they had to get a consultant to come and look at the print out. Luckily it was cos my LO had been leaning on the cord, and her heartrate went up again once she moved.
Anyhow, i find it difficult to believe they would let u home not to be seen again until next week.

In my last weeks of pregnancy, i had a couple of NSTs where they tested Autumns heartbeat ect as I didn't feel her move much. My OB said that it was getting squished in there so harder for her to move about as freely as she did before.

When she was sleeping her HB was really low ..in the 110's. as soon as they put the buzzer on my belly to wake her up it'd go up to the 150's. Of course she was a total sleepy butt and had to be woken up 4 times lol.

If you even have the slightest niggle that something is wrong take your butt to that Dr and demand to be seen. Maybe you can get a 2nd opinion?

Every pregnancy is different, every baby is different. Just because it wasn't the "norm" for others and thier pregnancy and it's not the way their Dr dealt with it, it does not make it a lie.

Although low heart beat is worrisome and I hope things improve for bubs, I really hope this post is genuine in a way and she can restore our faith in the "newbies" a lil bit.

I understand that the community as a whole is on tenderhooks with the recent troll activity, and rightly so, but shesh, this mob mentality has to calm down a bit or all the genuine are going to be scared off and that one person that needs support could miss out on making some awesome friends on here and getting the much needed support they need.

Edit: Wow, I really need to stop posting at 3am lol. Its taking me 6 times to read thru this and make it flow in some sort of readable fashion!! :coffee:

i don't get it either.when alexs hb got that low it was crash c section time! it perked up tho so didn't need to go through with it.

this seems very strange to me, when i had my son and heartbeat when low and i had very little movement i had to go every morning and night to be put on the trace machine at hospital. until they were certain everything was fine.

I went to go on and update my thread but it was closed?? Totally confused why..

Anyway I went to my appointment this morning after a sleepless night and they gave me a scan and checked the LOs heartrate, the baby was moving a bit more than yesterday but still not as much as I would like.

The babys heartrate was up more but only to 108 bpm so its still low..

The MW said if they aren't worrying then I shouldn't worry.. Im not too sure whether thats a good or a bad thing :wacko:

She said that because the baby is getting bigger and there isnt much room to move around then the baby wont move as much and the movement varies.. I didnt think it would be that less though, she said that the baby is growing fine and not to worry but ive to go back again next week so they can moniter me regularly :)

Anyway I know a lot of you wanted an update so I thought I would leave this, but does anyone know why my thread got closed? xx

If you wanna know ask admin ! ...if what u are saying is true your baby is in destress and you need urgent medical help ...to me you are either lying or the hospital u are at are shit and u need a new one a baby,s life isnt worth the risk ring 999 and tell them u want to go to any hospital apart from that one

I'm sorry but when I was in labour and aidans HB dropped below 110 he was classed as in distress

So I'm finding it hard to believe that trained MW's would send you home if babys heart rate is that low then you need to go back and be admitted and have a heart montior on all the time
xx

If the HB was that low and scans had been arranged, you wouldn't be dealing with
midwives.

It would be consultants and doctors - cant see a midwife just saying dont worry get on you're merry way and come back next week

Yeah it would be a consltant seeing you

Like I said when aidans HB dropped in labour I had for MW'S and a consulant in with me. Because its so serious

If this isnt just another sad story then you need to be comlaining and demanding to be in hospital

xx

How about we give the OP a chance before shooting down her "story?" :shrug:

Other threads have already been locked because mods are suspicious...

Erm that is not strictly true, it was locked because of speculation, and people were kind of going off on one, if we leave thread open like that it turns into a witch hunt with no proof of anything at that is not fair on OP

WTTMommy I agree with you

Lets not turn another thread please

After 27 weeks ish, they tell us to count 10 kicks/good movements a day.

Your MW is crap for the want of a better word!!!

She should be encouraging you to do a kick chart and im sorry but 108bpm thats nearly classed or is in distress and they sent you home.

As the Mother i would be telling you to change hospitals ASAP.

Which Hospital are you with??

Victoria

I think you should go back to the hospital and demand more explanation. I had a m/w appointment and in my notes she had written the heartbeat as 103 and i got into abit of a panic as i know thats too low, i rang her up, turns out it was just a mistake but she said if the heartbeat was that low i wouldnt be at home id be in hospital! Id really go back xx

I'm afraid I agree with the other girls on here...if baby's HB was that low the hospital should have kept you in and your m/w would have refused to have let them discharge you! At that low, it is a clear cut sign that baby is in distress and should be monitered possibly delivered if it gets lower. Sending you home would be classed as irrisponsable practise by all those involved.

She attends Princess Royal, I think is what she said.

I know you said Southern General is 45 minutes away, and Stirling is even further but I think you should go, however long it takes it is worth getting a second opinion.

A fetal heart rate of 108 is a fetal bradycardia and should warrant more medical intervention than you have been receiving

Im going to be blunt and I know this may worry you....but get checked out now before its too late. Even if it means travelling that far....its worth it for the safety of your baby!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->