Im Confused..

Did it ever occur to anyone that this is her first kid and the worry might have caused her to misunderstand what she's been told and has got it jumbled when reporting it back to us and maybe that's why it seems a bit off vs any new person with under 100 posts being a troll? She's not a Dr, as niether is anyone here or me and I certainly know I got very confused sometimes during my pregnancy and misunderstood some of the things the Drs said.

As I said before, in my last month of pregnancy (as she is at the moment) Autumns HB was always very low when she was resting. in the 110s. (admitting not as low as 91!! wtf???) As soon as they woke her up it'd shoot up to the 150s. I still say you need to get a 2nd opinion, girl, and quick.

I don't know why threads like this have to turn in to a lil mob of speculation with no hard proof because its not how things were done with you. I know most the time the suspected trolls have amounted to something, believe me, its put me right off posting and reading any type of "drama thread" because you do get emotionally involved, but at the same time, if you suspect a troll, push the report button and leave it at that, why has it got to turn in to this witch hunt every time?

No disrespect, but the ladies who are posting urging her to go to hospital and explaining what happened when this happened to them I would say are pretty well qualified to give their opinion :shrug: Tasha and V2007 as far as I know have both lost babies in similar circumstances and that is why people can be touchy when things just don't seem to add up, as there are members here who have been through this and unfortunately for them the outcome hasn't been good :cry:

I hope the reason the OP hasn't replied is because she has taken herself back to hospital to be checked out. xx

Did it ever occur to anyone that this is her first kid and the worry might have caused her to misunderstand what she's been told and has got it jumbled when reporting it back to us and maybe that's why it seems a bit off vs any new person with under 100 posts being a troll? She's not a Dr, as niether is anyone here or me and I certainly know I got very confused sometimes during my pregnancy and misunderstood some of the things the Drs said.

As I said before, in my last month of pregnancy (as she is at the moment) Autumns HB was always very low when she was resting. in the 110s. (admitting not as low as 91!! wtf???) As soon as they woke her up it'd shoot up to the 150s. I still say you need to get a 2nd opinion, girl, and quick.

I don't know why threads like this have to turn in to a lil mob of speculation with no hard proof because its not how things were done with you. I know most the time the suspected trolls have amounted to something, believe me, its put me right off posting and reading any type of "drama thread" because you do get emotionally involved, but at the same time, if you suspect a troll, push the report button and leave it at that, why has it got to turn in to this witch hunt every time?

No disrespect, but the ladies who are posting urging her to go to hospital and explaining what happened when this happened to them I would say are pretty well qualified to give their opinion :shrug: Tasha and V2007 as far as I know have both lost babies in similar circumstances and that is why people can be touchy when things just don't seem to add up, as there are members here who have been through this and unfortunately for them the outcome hasn't been good :cry:

I hope the reason the OP hasn't replied is because she has taken herself back to hospital to be checked out. xx

Me too Katy xxx

:thumbup:

Me too Katy xxx

Yes I appreciate this, and as have I. The fear of and actually loosing a baby is a horrid horrid thing.

The point I'm trying to get to is, I understand its touchy and emotional and sometimes that don't come across well in posts on the interwebs, and I'm not disputing the fact that this sequence of events in the past HAS caused a dreadful outcome for Mums loosing babies (including me) and they are giving advice. :hugs:

Its the "troll calling" .. I'd hate to see this is a real true story and she's been scared and run off by people who point "troll" (as has been done) and her missing out on a vital bit of advice that could save a life. :shrug:

Put the shoe on the other foot, what if you was the new person and all of a sudden you had the formidable force that is the united BnB girls!! You girls are intimidating once you get going!!! lol

ITA with your hope for her not posting.

Me too Katy xxx

Yes I appreciate this, and as have I. The fear of and actually loosing a baby is a horrid horrid thing.

The point I'm trying to get to is, I understand its touchy and emotional and sometimes that don't come across well in posts on the interwebs, and I'm not disputing the fact that this sequence of events in the past HAS caused a dreadful outcome for Mums loosing babies (including me) and they are giving advice. :hugs:

Its the "troll calling" .. I'd hate to see this is a real true story and she's been scared and run off by people who point "troll" (as has been done) and her missing out on a vital bit of advice that could save a life. :shrug:

Put the shoe on the other foot, what if you was the new person and all of a sudden you had the formidable force that is the united BnB girls!! You girls are intimidating once you get going!!! lol

ITA with your hope for her not posting.

I can see what you mean about people actually calling her a troll on the thread. I imagine as a joint force everyone on here can be slightly scary, although we aren't really :kiss:

I think people are just a bit on edge at the moment, but I appreciate what you're saying xx

How about we give the OP a chance before shooting down her "story?" :shrug:

WTTMommy I agree with you

Lets not turn another thread please

I'm quoting myself from earlier as people seem to have missed it

Let me ask you something would any of you ladies posting come back if you were being called a troll?

I know I wouldn't, seriously you do not know all the whys and wherefores so I suggest either support tha OP or leave the thread.

I know some of you have been supportive thelling her to go back to the hospital etc...

I really don't want to lock/move this thread but it is heading that way

im so glad your watching this one closey jo because i certainly wouldnt come back if some1 was saying that about me.......

i think you should read the ops 1st post either give her some positive advice or a hug if no advice and well wishes.... if you cant be positive dont post

this poor girl is going to have to read this and people that are supposed to be there to help are not helping

kirsty i do hope you havent taken offence to any of this..... its been a funny sort of week but that is no excuse for people judging you.... i hope you and your baby are ok and will see you around the forum again soon xxxxxxxxx hugs xxxxxxxx

hope the OP and her LO are okay - sending positive thoughts and :hugs:

I hope everything is ok and kirsty is getting checked out, I would be scared if id reported on here and had the same reaction from everyone. As a first time mum myself I like to see how supportive people usually are on here but I have to admit there are some scary stories going round at the minute I hope that people are genuine because otherwise it spoils the support network we have and worries people unnecessarily.

Bradycardia :Mean FHR < 110 BPM

* A rate of 100-119 BPM in the absence of other non reassuring patterns is not usually a sign of compromise[ 4]
* Etiologies: Heart block (little or no variability), occiput posterior or transverse position, serious fetal compromise.

This is from:
https://www.perinatology.com/Fetal Monitoring/Intrapartum Monitoring.htm

If I were in your situation I would get a second opinion from a different hospital team. I am not a doctor but the literature certainly suggests that your care team are not taking the issue seriously enough. Lack of sufficient fetal movement is certainly classified as a "non reassuring pattern". SO that fact that the HB is 108 with the 'non-reassuring pattern' of lessened fetal movement should require further testing and monitoring according to most perinatology sources.

PLEASE get a 2nd opinion.

Best of luck hon

I would feel very intimidated if i got some of the replies kirsty has had.
Just because she is a new member with a dilemma doesnt mean she is a troll.
I only joined this forum after things started to go wrong in my pregnancy because i needed advice there and then.....It just so happens i loved it here and stayed.

I do understand that this could be a touchy and sensitive subject for mummys of angels and i have only the upmost respect for you but i dont think we should be jumping down peoples throats and making assumptions without hard evidence.
To echo what others have said the OP could of just got a few details confused.
Also if this is a medical negligence case the last thing she needs is for us to be turning our backs on her!

I hope i dont offend anybody and if im wrong i'll eat my words but i just think we need to give some people the benefit of the doubt until we are proved otherwise :D

xxx

If the HB was that low and scans had been arranged, you wouldn't be dealing with
midwives.

It would be consultants and doctors - cant see a midwife just saying dont worry get on you're merry way and come back next week

Yes, if there was a concern with the HR you would have input from the Doctors but Midwives would still be the carer. They would be the one putting a patient on the CTG and are very capable and trained to interpret a CTG.

As for some of the posts on here I find myself feeling sorry for people who worry for their baby's Heart rates like the original poster. Many of the comments on here are based on personal experiences.

For reasurrence though, If a woman is put on a CTG whether by a Midwife or Doctor I VERY MUCH DOUBT IF THERE WAS still a concern regarding the trace you would be discharged completely. No Midwife, Myself, or Doctor I have ever worked with would ever discharge someone without having had a reasurring CTG. Why would anyone registered on a professional register risk a baby dying as a consequence and therefore end up in court and ultimately struck off and facing legal action.

In fact in my experience as a Midwife with years of experience and like other midwives qualified in interpretation of a CTG are often overcautious with CTGs.

Yes, you may read a HR of 108bpm is low and the usual guideline suggest the HR should be between certain perameters, but unless you are qualified in interpreting a CTG as a whole then comments like 'oh that rate doesn't sound correct' is not justified.

The original post suggested a HR of 108bpm can be absolutely normal and without a CTG it is difficult to explain to show you how this could be. Yes you may hear women on hear saying when my baby's HR was that low I ended up having an emergency. Well, when it comes to CTGs a HR at 108 can be a worrying decel on one CTG and on another is where the Heart Rate is running at a reasurring baseline. All your baby's Heart Rates will be running at a set Baseline. This lady's Baseline possible is just running at the lower parameter of this. Other's may have a Baseline of 150bpm, so yes if the HR went down to 108 then this would be a deceleration. Not though if the baseline is running here already. Unless, you are trained in interpreting a FH/CTG then becareful with your comments. Your baby's CTGs/FH are different and need to be looked at as a whole not just the number.

God I've been accused of being a troll and once one person goes there, the whole crowd follows, so it really isn't a nice situation to be in. I wouldn't be surprised if she has vanished because she's feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I really hope she has gone to a different hospital for a second opinion.

When I was in labour with Noah, his Heart rate dropped to 115BMP every time I contracted and a consultant was brought in, and they were considering a section!! It's not on to be that low!

I was going to say earlier (but didn't want to cause undue worry) when my step-mum was in labour, she was having contractions (that showed up on the monitor) but she couldn't feel them, every time she had one the baby's heartbeat plummeted. In the end they had to take my stepmum in for an emergency C-section because she couldn't feel the contractions, so nothing was moving along and the baby was getting stressed out...

I really hope Kirsty and her LO are okay and we're all talking bull/have misunderstood something and everything's fine. :hugs:
xx

God I've been accused of being a troll and once one person goes there, the whole crowd follows, so it really isn't a nice situation to be in. I wouldn't be surprised if she has vanished because she's feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I really hope she has gone to a different hospital for a second opinion.

When I was in labour with Noah, his Heart rate dropped to 115BMP every time I contracted and a consultant was brought in, and they were considering a section!! It's not on to be that low!

I was going to say earlier (but didn't want to cause undue worry) when my step-mum was in labour, she was having contractions (that showed up on the monitor) but she couldn't feel them, every time she had one the baby's heartbeat plummeted. In the end they had to take my stepmum in for an emergency C-section because she couldn't feel the contractions, so nothing was moving along and the baby was getting stressed out...

I really hope Kirsty and her LO are okay and we're all talking bull/have misunderstood something and everything's fine. :hugs:
xx

Yes your step mother's experience is different, for a start she was in labour. There is different management when it comes to potential fetal distress and labouring CTGs and those circumstances is not the same here. Like I have stated above lets leave the interpretation of FH/CTG to the professionals I think. I stick by my comment above and feel if the professionals who had this ladies CTG in front of them then I am sure they would have taken the correct action if there was a concern. :)

For reasurrence though, If a woman is put on a CTG whether by a Midwife or Doctor I VERY MUCH DOUBT IF THERE WAS still a concern regarding the trace you would be discharged completely. No Midwife, Myself, or Doctor I have ever worked with would ever discharge someone without having had a reasurring CTG. Why would anyone registered on a professional register risk a baby dying as a consequence and therefore end up in court and ultimately struck off and facing legal action.

This is EXACTLY why my daughter is not with me, they f**ked up for so long, and there final chance of saving her did they take it? NO!!! No one listened to the fact she wasnt moving, non reassuring ctg of under 110 bpm, no accelerations, after the CTG a doctor looked and said they couldnt induce just cos baby was sleepy. That was the Friday and by the Monday evening my baby had died. An expert has looked and said it should of been a crash section.

I did not wanna say this partly cos it breaks my heart to go over it, but partly I dont wanna scare women. This is the reason I said I was begging her to go and get a 2nd opinion, I already have so many regrets and couldnt live with myself if I never said anything.

Now the tears wont stop :cry::cry:

This is EXACTLY why my daughter is not with me, they f**ked up for so long, and there final chance of saving her did they take it? NO!!! No one listened to the fact she wasnt moving, non reassuring ctg of under 110 bpm, no accelerations, after the CTG a doctor looked and said they couldnt induce just cos baby was sleepy. That was the Friday and by the Monday evening my baby had died. An expert has looked and said it should of been a crash section.

I did not wanna say this partly cos it breaks my heart to go over it, but partly I dont wanna scare women. This is the reason I said I was begging her to go and get a 2nd opinion, I already have so many regrets and couldnt live with myself if I never said anything.

:hugs:

xx

Yes your step mother's experience is different, for a start she was in labour. There is different management when it comes to potential fetal distress and labouring CTGs and those circumstances is not the same here. Like I have stated above lets leave the interpretation of FH/CTG to the professionals I think. I stick by my comment above and feel if the professionals who had this ladies CTG in front of them then I am sure they would have taken the correct action if there was a concern. :)

I'm really not trying to start an argument here, but when someone comes on here and asks for opinions, they know that we aren't medical professionals. The OP is obviously not happy with what the hospital told her or she wouldn't have posted again asking for the opinion of the ladies on here. When I post a question on here I know that people who answer are only telling me their personal experiences, which is all people are doing in this thread.

Huge :hugs: xx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"