Im Confused..

Like Tashs daughter my daughter also died thru negligence.

I was sent home from a scheduled c-section, i was told i was the 'lowest risk' out of all 3 c-section ladies.

In fact i was the highest risk because Taylors oxygen was slowly being derprived from her little body, but because the lazy MW did not scan me i didnt know that Taylor was starting to die, and less than 36 hours later she died.

If the OP is in fact telling the truth then this may sound awful but her child may be in danger.

I really do hope she is seeking the correct medical attention.

Tash :hugs:

V xxxx

Thanks V, and many back to you :hugs::hugs:

God I've been accused of being a troll and once one person goes there, the whole crowd follows, so it really isn't a nice situation to be in. I wouldn't be surprised if she has vanished because she's feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I really hope she has gone to a different hospital for a second opinion.

When I was in labour with Noah, his Heart rate dropped to 115BMP every time I contracted and a consultant was brought in, and they were considering a section!! It's not on to be that low!

I was going to say earlier (but didn't want to cause undue worry) when my step-mum was in labour, she was having contractions (that showed up on the monitor) but she couldn't feel them, every time she had one the baby's heartbeat plummeted. In the end they had to take my stepmum in for an emergency C-section because she couldn't feel the contractions, so nothing was moving along and the baby was getting stressed out...

I really hope Kirsty and her LO are okay and we're all talking bull/have misunderstood something and everything's fine. :hugs:
xx

Yes your step mother's experience is different, for a start she was in labour. There is different management when it comes to potential fetal distress and labouring CTGs and those circumstances is not the same here. Like I have stated above lets leave the interpretation of FH/CTG to the professionals I think. I stick by my comment above and feel if the professionals who had this ladies CTG in front of them then I am sure they would have taken the correct action if there was a concern. :)

Yep, she was in labour and didn't know it until she went in to the hospital for a different reason.

I think we're all coming from the same place here - we've all wished Kirsty well and strongly advised her to seek attention from what appears to be neglect, backing this concern up with personal accounts and knowledge. When things didn't seem to add up, we began to err on the side of caution whilst still urging Kristy to seek medical attention again just incase it is indeed all true, and hoping that it is not a hoax. I think everyone just hopes it's not a hoax as no one wants to believe that someone could make something this awful up knowing that similar has happened, and ended badly, to other woman, but we all I assume hope that Kirsty is getting the help she needs to have a healthy pregnancy.
The other thread was locked pending review - maybe until that review is done we should all send our best wishes and leave it be? What do you think ladies?

I think it's a fair idea to leave it be, at least until Kirsty comes back, otherwise we're going to scare her away with 20 odd more pages of opinion than anything else!! :rofl:

x

It is sad of all your losses whether it is at the hand of negligence and of course this does occur. Research has shown with negligence, majority down to ill training, resources and over worked staff, not an excuse by no means. For those who have lost you only feel you need to warn others. I had the unfortunate circumstances of having my own loss at the same time being a midwife, it was an awful experience for both myself but my colleagues/best friends too caring for me, the unit was very quiet that day and I lost friends. Being on both sides does highlight that everyone's situation is different including CTG's and circumstances at the time and why decisions are made. Just like health professionals can only go on what is in front of them. In my case and in many cases a CTG can look fine one second, even requiring 'keeping an eye on' and the next, a complete abruption with no warning. In my case it wasn't anyone's fault and certainly nothing would have seen it coming. I also wanted nothing more than to blame someone at the time. It certainly didn't show on the scan the day before. Very sad but fortunately not a common occurence in the thousands delivered every year. I am just highlighting that comments of people saying with certainty that 'oh that is definately not right HR' without knowledge or experience of interpreting FHs. Expressing experiences is valuable and encouraged. Some comments just go too far I feel and cause more anxiety.

Like Tashs daughter my daughter also died thru negligence.

I was sent home from a scheduled c-section, i was told i was the 'lowest risk' out of all 3 c-section ladies.

In fact i was the highest risk because Taylors oxygen was slowly being derprived from her little body, but because the lazy MW did not scan me i didnt know that Taylor was starting to die, and less than 36 hours later she died.

If the OP is in fact telling the truth then this may sound awful but her child may be in danger.

I really do hope she is seeking the correct medical attention.

Tash :hugs:

V xxxx

Sorry for your loss, I hope in your situation when they reviewed your case they thouroughly investigated that excuse of you being low risk. Assumptions like must make you angry. I can understand you being classed low risk if you were scheduled for a section because of breech or previous section but Deprived oxygen! Hope they later looked into the other cases to prove these were high/low risk compared to you at the time and questioned the person making this decision to send you home, especially knowing your daughter's oxygen was deprived. Must have been awful.
:hugs:

I really wish Kirsty all the best and agree with the other ladies that we should just have Kirsty's best interests at heart rather than disbelieving her.

Kirsty orginally posted a few days ago her problems with her MW, and sought advice from us which we gave. She's done the right thing and gone to her hospital appointments. Yes, we can give her advice and say what we would do in her situation, but there is also probably a whole load of information that we don't know that the hospital check and I'm sure she is in the best of hands.

Being a first time mum to be myself, putting myself in her shoes, perhaps Kirsty is scared, not taking in all the facts which is why some of you think things dont add up.

This poor girl must be so scared at the moment and must be feeling so upset to come on here and read some of the comments regarding a 'story'. I'm sorry but I tend to think the best in people and would want to support them regardless if I felt differently. It may be naive of me on occasions but thats just the way I feel.

Kirsty - I hope all is well with you, and look forward to the day when you post your birth story and piccys xxx

Hi girls..

I know i've not been on for a couple of days but I did take your advice and visit the hospital again, I did go back to the same one but for once they actually understood my concerns and kept me in.

Before I left the hospital this morning the LO heartrate was 119 so they sent me home, i still have my other appointment next week though for a check up.

Ive tried to read most of the posts in here and I understand that some of you here have lost children and I have the deepest sympathy for you.
I did feel a little overwhelmed about the posts I recieved and I did feel a little worried about posting here again without being judged.

I just want to say that I truly am 100% genuine and I only came on here for advice and to meet people going through the same thing I was :) and I did read a post about me not having much on my profile - I know I dont but I am new to the site and im not sure how to get a signature or tickers etc.

I also want to say thank you to all the girls who did send there support and didnt doubt me but i also understand where the girls who did doubt me are coming from x

I dont have alot of my profile and Ive been here over a year :rofl:

Sorry we doubted you some things just didnt seem right and we are all truly sorry for making you feel judged

Glad bubs is ok
xx

thank you, i love your signature its really cute :) i hope i can make pics like that when my bubs is born lol!
i totally understand why some of you may of felt that way, does that sort of thing happen regularly? x

im so glad they are taking you more seriously and hopefully they will be keeping a very close eye on you and Lo from now on hun. glad LO hr is a more acceptable level too.

please keep us all informed of how you are both getting on.

im sorry if you felt judged kirsty, i think we were all worried more than anything else though!

:hugs: Nice to see another Scot, doll!

i totally understand why some of you may of felt that way, does that sort of thing happen regularly? x

You mean fakers? Just sometimes honey, theres been a fair bit recentley but a the end of the day what more can we do that give advice?:shrug: Someone, will benefit, even if its not the faker!

Just seemed to be a few latley hun

Aww thankyou, really need a new one most of them are old pictures pf him
xx

thank you, yeh ill keep you all informed :) yeh im really glad at being taken more seriously.. i think they were sick of the sight of me to be honest and just wanted to shut me up haha! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->