I'm convinced no one knows how big a pregnant belly SHOULD be!!! *miniRANT*

Harley Quinn

Mom of three boys <3
Reaction score
Three separate old ladies at church this morning made comments about the size of my belly.

"Can you get much bigger?"
"You sure it's not twins?!"
And a generic, "You're big!"

Grrrr!!! I'm 31 weeks, and at my last appointment I was actually measuring about 2 week SMALL. Were the standards for weight gain during pregnancy just really different when these ladies were all having kids? Have they just forgotten what it's actually like to be pregnant? I'm sorry, but being "old" is not a free pass to say whatever you want!

I thought it wouldn't be as bad this pregnancy since I've either been measuring right on or small (my first son was always measuring 2 weeks ahead), but no. No one knows what a pregnant belly should look like this far along!

Okay, rant over (for now). Thanks for listening. :)

U poor thing... That was the best part of mat leave for me lol... Once I finished work I didn't get any more comments about how huge I am...
It's no ones business for starters and secondly... FFS r u gonna make an insensitive comment coz I'm making a nice roomy home for my baby... Yes there's a freaking baby in there they take up some room!!!!!!!

I'm measuring big ... I have put on not much weight at all and from any ange other than sideways I don't even look pregnant and I found it a
Pain
Constantly hearing how fat I am when I'm actually really happy with my body image while pregnant... Makes u feel like a fat heffer!

Hope u feel calmer soon lol... I totally understand your rant!

I've had some people commenting on how huge I am... And others commenting how small I am! I'm completely done with people commenting on the size of my bump!!!

It is very annoying isn't it? I feel like I am constantly trying to justify the size saying yeah well I have hydramnios, I've lost weight everywhere else, I can't exercise like I used to...

I've only put on about 18lbs which I think is pretty good?

The worst comment was when an aunt said, in front of my second daughter - 'I think this ones gonna be a biggie like Bethany'. My dd was 8lb 4oz when born at 41+3 compared to my 1st dd who was 6lb9oz at 38 weeks. The second is taller & heavier than her gymnast sister but the last thing I need is people making comments that make HER feel big.

I've had some people commenting on how huge I am... And others commenting how small I am! I'm completely done with people commenting on the size of my bump!!!

Same here....some have said "oh god, you're REALLY big, you're gonna be massive" (erm....thanks for that!), and others say "Oh, you don't have much bump". Whichever they say it's a key to make us pregnant ladies paranoid but tbh I've now given up listening to any of them! x

I think it's harder this time around because I've been diagnosed with GD, and I'm worried that he will grow too big and it'll cause complications during delivery. DH1 was big - 9,4 - and he got a little stuck on his way out. I know most people commenting about my size wouldn't do it if they knew all of that. I would love to just tune them out, but I'm extra worried about his size because of the GD.

And seriously, some of the things people have said to you ladies! I can't believe it. Sounds like it's pretty much universal.

I actually have quite a small neat bump, and was also measuring 2 weeks behind. Didnt stop someone saying "ooh ur gonna have a big baby then!" was with my mum at the time, we just looked at each other like "huh?!" :rofl:

Lots of people at work keep saying how small I am. Even though I'm measuring ahead!

People have no clue. Just ignore them!

I get this all the time. Have done for weeks. Used to get me worried, but after being measured every appointment by the mw my measurements are fine. People always have to have a say!!

This annoys me the most about been pregnant.

At every single appointment I have measured bang on for weeks yet last week in the space of 24 hours 1 person told me I have a lovely tidy bump (not sure what a messy bump looks like) and a random behind the tills in Tesco asked if I was having twins.

The Tesco woman caught me on a bad day though so I just said 'no - are you?'

U poor thing... That was the best part of mat leave for me lol... Once I finished work I didn't get any more comments about how huge I am...
It's no ones business for starters and secondly... FFS r u gonna make an insensitive comment coz I'm making a nice roomy home for my baby... Yes there's a freaking baby in there they take up some room!!!!!!!

I'm measuring big ... I have put on not much weight at all and from any ange other than sideways I don't even look pregnant and I found it a
Pain
Constantly hearing how fat I am when I'm actually really happy with my body image while pregnant... Makes u feel like a fat heffer!

Hope u feel calmer soon lol... I totally understand your rant!

Same, I'm so relieved to be on maternity leave. My work colleagues were driving me insane with their constant comments on my body. Now I'm not at work I only have a few friends commenting whenever I see them, but I don't mind so much because they are my friends.

The Tesco woman caught me on a bad day though so I just said 'no - are you?'[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha! Brilliant. A guy I don't really know said to me yesterday - 'Woah, hello fatty'. I said 'You can bloody talk'. Needless to say he didn't like that.

I've just commented on a 3 year old post as I had searched for 'measuring big' I'll pop it on here -

At 29 weeks I was measuring 31. At 31 weeks I was measured by my doctor as 33. She made a big song and dance about it, so much so I called the midwife centre at the local hospital. They asked me to go in - I was measured at 31 and not 33.
The midwife said that measuring is just a precaution. It depends on how the baby is lying, people measuring differently - I think my doctor measured from the top of my bump and not my uterus. (I'm no expert but she also pressed down rater hard on my pubic bone too - ouch!)

I am fed up of 'fatty' comments and being measured bigger when it's really not that big of a deal just makes me feel miserable. I'm determined to enjoy my last few weeks with my passenger. No ones tape measure is going to get me down! I'll still get annoyed with stupid people though - they are everywhere!

Yeah I've been told many times my bump is small, even though at 37 weeks I was measuring 39 weeks! I wish people would not comment sometimes!

The Tesco woman caught me on a bad day though so I just said 'no - are you?'

Ha Ha! Brilliant. A guy I don't really know said to me yesterday - 'Woah, hello fatty'. I said 'You can bloody talk'. Needless to say he didn't like that.[/QUOTE]

Haha love it! :haha:

I've had people say to me that I'm big and small in the space of one day. Idiots.

When I'm around pregnant women in the future, I plan on telling them that they look gorgeous, not that they're big/small/are they sure they're not having twins/really fat.

I'm only 4 ft 11 and have gained less than a stone in weight. (i'm currently 8 stone 6lb and started off at 7 stone 10lb) so my bump looks big on me anyway but i'm actually measuring between 1-2 weeks ahead and feel like a while and pretty much everyone i meet has something to say about how big it is. I do get the odd comment about it not being big at all though which suprises me. Most people say 'it looks like it's all bump' now, some people wouldn't mind being told that but it makes me feel like a big ball on legs.

People are idiots!!!!!
I realised how much I hated people since falling pregnant!
I got told constantly I was big, or baby would be big as if that's a bad thing?!
I have measured perfectly all the way through, and have put on a stone and a half which is prob too little but sickness has plagued me.
Ignore them and counteract the statement by saying good I hope my baby is healthy!!!

Sounds like lots of us are in the same boat! This has become my biggest pet peeve of being pregnant...ALL THE COMMENTS! What makes people think they can comment and say whatever they want? This lady I work with makes almost a daily comment about my bump: "Wow you're really getting big" or "wow you're really sticking out now!" :growlmad: Thanks!...I hadn't noticed.

And all the other random comments...they just get old :nope:

I've had people tell me I'm big and I'm small in the same day. It's so annoying and I hate that before I was pregnant I made the same kind of comments. I am never commenting on a pregnant ladies bump ever again, other than to tell them how gorgeous they look!

The two most recent were 'You've got bigger, you really look pregnant now' from my head of HR. My response (at 32 weeks) was 'well that is the point'. Considering she was making me redundant at the time I thought I was quite polite.

And yesterday from my FIL 'wow you've put on a lot of weight'. (I think he was trying to be funny.) So I told him 'I know I've nearly caught up with you'.

I'm with you! The lead teacher of my department was like "are you sure it's not twins?!" and then others say annoying stuff like "why are you walking like that, you're not that big, and it's just gonna get worse!" Like seriously you're going to micromanage the way I freakin' WALK?! I understand it'll get worse, but I do have a bit of a waddle going now because of SPD and plus I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant! People are so annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->