I'm convinced no one knows how big a pregnant belly SHOULD be!!! *miniRANT*

I have the opposite problem, I'm 39 weeks and everyone says how small I am. I had a scan the other week and bubs was 3.2kg then so I don't see how I can be that small. Even the stupid lady in the pharmacy the other day was telling me that I haven't dropped yet but the scan shows bubs is fully engaged in my pelvis.

I'm sure it would be more hurtful being called large but it's also very annoying being called small as I feel I have to justify myself to everyone and I also catch myself worrying in case there is a problem.

I feel you ladies... but then again - use this to your advantage.... (ahem!).

I've just come back from having a waddle around John Lewis (my work is just around the corner from one) and was sniffing all the expensive stuff on the Clarins counter (I needed some more of their stretch mark cream - at 37 Earth pounds a tube, it's pricey - but I'm 31 weeks and only having to buy my second tube. Plus all the coco-butter ones smelt horrid and made me hurl :( ). I reason that I'm allowed to treat myself. I've given up fags so I have the cash for the odd indulgence.

Anyway one of the 'orange women' starting grinning at me like she was insane - (to be honest I started getting worried...) and she scooted round to my side. She giggled and asked how I was and how far I was - I told my back and pelvis had recently 'gone' and that I'm about 31 weeks. Then she asked if it was twins. To be honest - I am MAAAAAAHOOOOOSIVE. I can be seen from space and have my own gravitational potential, so I'm not too upset by this reaction from honest, genuine strangers. Passive-aggressive MiL2B is another matter entirely. My own Mum warned me I'd balloon as she piled on 4st during both her pregnancies.

I just laughed and said I wasn't surprised she thought that - but it's just the one. Anyway - she grovelled like a grovelling thing and so I took the opportunity to ask her from some freebie-samples as I was in the process of prepping my 'Hospital Bag'.

I've come away with my stretch mark cream, but also bought some Energizing (their spelling, not mine) Emulsion for legs (that stuff is EPIC!, ). She's thrown together a wee shower bag thing with some shower and bath concentrate, exfoliating cleanser, foaming cleanser, firming body lotion an multi-active day cream. FTR - they're all 30-50ml size tubes!

BARGAINOUS!

Next week - Clinique! :D

Three separate old ladies at church this morning made comments about the size of my belly.

"Can you get much bigger?"
"You sure it's not twins?!"
And a generic, "You're big!"

Grrrr!!! I'm 31 weeks, and at my last appointment I was actually measuring about 2 week SMALL. Were the standards for weight gain during pregnancy just really different when these ladies were all having kids? Have they just forgotten what it's actually like to be pregnant? I'm sorry, but being "old" is not a free pass to say whatever you want!

I thought it wouldn't be as bad this pregnancy since I've either been measuring right on or small (my first son was always measuring 2 weeks ahead), but no. No one knows what a pregnant belly should look like this far along!

Okay, rant over (for now). Thanks for listening. :)

Yes. 10 to 15 lbs. Diuretics and starvation diets prescribed in the event of more weight than that gained. Not kidding.

Yes. 10 to 15 lbs. Diuretics and starvation diets prescribed in the event of more weight than that gained. Not kidding.

Yikes! And I guess they probably were 'allowed' to smoke and drink too.

I remember one older lady at church telling me that when she had her babies, the husbands weren't allowed in the room and they basically strapped you down to make sure you didn't get up and walk around. You had to stay on your back. Eek! That is like the least productive position for giving birth!

I only get comments about how small I am and that is disturbing too! "Are you sure everything is fine with the baby when your belly is so small?" "I was that small at 10 weeks" And so on... I have had a small belly with all three kids, but measuring perfectly and they are all healty and growing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->