I'm done with one. Hubby isn't. (Lengthy!)

I always wanted two children.

Pregnancy with DD1 was a breeze although after she was born I started to have anxiety and stress issues. OH really wanted to try for another but the thought of it made me burst into tears and I couldn't imagine another baby. I felt like I was taking something away from DD1. Fast forward to today and I am sitting with two beautiful girls. Having DD2 was the best decision for us. She's just a joy and DD1 loves her immensely.

We are thinking of trying for another baby maybe next year. Yoy may change your mind, you may not. Just have to do what you feel is right for your family . Good luck !. Xx

I love all the dialogue I get on this thread! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences.

I know I mentioned a few pages back about wanting to move to a city where we could only afford child care for one. I was offered a job there this week, but we aren't sure about taking it because it doesn't pay as much as we really need to be comfortable. It will be tight, tight, tight. That scares me. If I take the job, then we definitely won't be having more kids until he is in school, so it is quite a big decision. Interestingly, most people we have spoken to about our budget dilemma said to just take the plunge. I said I'd call her back with a decision sometime tomorrow, but we are still just as undecided as we were yesterday.

The idea of moving across the country is terrifying! But the idea of sinking into the lifestyle we want on that side of the country just calls us to go for it and do something crazy for once. I'll update.

Perhaps I just need to start a journal? Lol

I love all the dialogue I get on this thread! Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences.

I know I mentioned a few pages back about wanting to move to a city where we could only afford child care for one. I was offered a job there this week, but we aren't sure about taking it because it doesn't pay as much as we really need to be comfortable. It will be tight, tight, tight. That scares me. If I take the job, then we definitely won't be having more kids until he is in school, so it is quite a big decision. Interestingly, most people we have spoken to about our budget dilemma said to just take the plunge. I said I'd call her back with a decision sometime tomorrow, but we are still just as undecided as we were yesterday.

The idea of moving across the country is terrifying! But the idea of sinking into the lifestyle we want on that side of the country just calls us to go for it and do something crazy for once. I'll update.

Perhaps I just need to start a journal? Lol

I agree you need a journal haha
I say take the plunge! Especially if its something you've always wanted..it is terrifying and things may be tight fit a while but there will be raised and it won't be like that forever! If more money is absolutely necessary maybe you can negotiate? Or maybe after you get there you can find a better job with better pay! Either way it sounds like fun to me. I live a town away from my hometown and sometimes dream of just getting away. I have a travel bug, though, I always just want to go!

So we are going for it. We are moving in either 4 or 5 weeks, depending on if my new boss's supervisor approves an extra week (start date 5 or 6 weeks out so we have a week to move and get settled). My brother works for the same company and says if likely won't be an issue to take an extra week.

This is going to be quite the ride. I'm already wondering what on earth we are doing! But I guess this quashes the issue of more kids. Daycare cost is going to be triple, so I can tell you now that there will be only one child AT LEAST until this one starts school. Maybe we will be so broke that hubby won't bring it up again. :rofl:

Sounds amazing :) except the triple daycare costs..that sounds crazy

The "when are you having another baby?" questions are now coming. And DH is starting to mention it also. Ughhhhhhh. Nooooo.

Attachments

• IMG_7001.jpg
    IMG_7001.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
Everyone but DH I would tell them it's none of their business.
DH is gonna be a hard one though, it is his business and ultimately is up to the 2 of you.

I will update that it is harder with 2, I love both my boys and I'm happy they're both here, but Brice is an easy baby and I'm still struggling.

One and done. At least for the next few years. There's no way in hell we can go through that or anything remotely similar again and emerge sane and financially stable.

I totally understand we just have the one. We were told I was totally infertile on April 8th 2010 and offered ivf but I wasn't with oh then and I just wasn't ready. Fast forward to January 2011 and we had an accident me saying don't worry tubes and ovaries etc don't work... 4 weeks later I'm in hospital very very sick and another week in and they find Sam on a scan ��.

We never had the excitement or heartbreak of ttc and I was sick up to 38 weeks everyday up to 12 times... he then went breach at 38w4d and a c section at 39w2d. We knew from the moment we met him we just wanted him. He's 5 now he's been to Spain, Portugal, Majorca, Norway New York and Disney world. Off to Disney again next year. We admit he is spoilt we try not too but we can afford to treat him so we do. He's grateful polite and very happy. We have time to teach him and he's reading and writing well above where he needs to be. He's mainly spoilt with attention but we couldn't imagine a life with 2.

So I totally get where your coming from and they don't get lonely we do holidays with friends and he has a whole class full of kids his own age lol. He comes home for quiet and peace to use his words !!

Certainly doesn't sound like a fun pregnancy! I can understand not wanting to do that again!

You are making me feel a lot better about just 1. Our friends that had their first at about the same time as we did are starting to think about number 2 and I'm just thinking that I need a cruise! We were booked to be on one (baby in tow!) right this moment but we canceled when we decided to move. Now we are trying to think about fun activities on the opposite coast (cruises over here don't have many destination options). Did you find it difficult to travel internationally with a small kid in tow? Any tips? We are thinking about Germany next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->