I'm done.

MrsPear

Mum
Reaction score
Joni turned 15 months this week and I stopped breastfeeding her on Monday.

I'm back at work/studying full time, and I just don't feel like I can 'fit it in' anymore. We leave the house about 6:25 in the morning, and we don't get in until more than 12 hours later. It takes 4 buses at the end of the day for me to get from work to her nursery and home again (DH takes her in the morning), and I'm just too knackered.

I'm glad I got this far, and I don't think Joni will really suffer for me quitting (she hasn't asked for breastmilk at all) BUT I do feel a sense of guilt that I let my life and other priorities get in the way and as a result she had to stop getting breastmilk.

If anyone reads this who is in the first couple of weeks (or longer) of feeding, and really struggling, feel free to PM me because I found breastfeeding almost impossible to cope with in the beginning, and I do understand how it feels.

Ahhh, a bittersweet day!

Well done for getting to 15 months!! You shouldn't feel guilty at all, this sounds awful but as much as I love it I can't wait to be done breastfeeding so I have a bit of my life back!
Again, well done for going that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->