im getting cot for jack but have a question for anyone that has already got cot ?

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
i want to get a cot & get it all set up for him as i don,t think he likes his moses basket , wanted to get a blue quilt & bumper for the cot but all the quilts that i look at which are for cots say from 12 months + so what can i use in his cot as a cover for him ? violet xx

Just use blankets like you use in the moses basket hun x

yeah i use blanket to :p he just lays on top of his quilt

Sheets and blankets or appropriate tog sleeping bags....I've used sleeping bags with all of mine and they've all slept through from a really early age and I definitely put it down to the fact that baby is snuggled up inside the sleeping bag, can't kick covers off and you can pick them up and feed them without taking covers off (if still feeding in the night). If arms seem chilly, a light cardigan over the pj's or sleepsuit will help:happydance:

I just use a sleeping bag in the cot. Sam is always snuggly buggly warm, they are great. I haven´t got any cot bumpers on the cot either, as I read your not supposed to put them on til your LO is a year old - think its to do with SIDS.

oh yeh i forgot i put ciaran in a sleeping bag too :p

Sheets and blankets or appropriate tog sleeping bags....I've used sleeping bags with all of mine and they've all slept through from a really early age and I definitely put it down to the fact that baby is snuggled up inside the sleeping bag, can't kick covers off and you can pick them up and feed them without taking covers off (if still feeding in the night). If arms seem chilly, a light cardigan over the pj's or sleepsuit will help:happydance:

thanks would you need another blanket on top of sleeping bag or would you just use sleeping bag ? . violet xx

I just use a sleeping bag in the cot. Sam is always snuggly buggly warm, they are great. I haven´t got any cot bumpers on the cot either, as I read your not supposed to put them on til your LO is a year old - think its to do with SIDS.

no your supposed to take the bumpers off once they can sit up etc as they can strangle them after around 6 months

i use blankets and if its chilly afew blankets or sometimes his sleeping bag

thanks would you need another blanket on top of sleeping bag or would you just use sleeping bag ? . violet xx

If you've got an appropriate tog sleeping bag for the room temp then baby should be fine. We have a selection of sizes and differnt tog bags. On a ridiculously cold night and if the bedroom is draughty then I may put one thin blanket over the top but babies are better cooler rather than warmer to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->