I'm having another girl!!

laila 44

Reaction score
Yay so happy. Panorama results came in! Our third girl is on the way:cloud9:

How cool to find out the sex as of 9 weeks ! Worth every penny! :)

Wow congratulations Laila!! And wow that is so early to find out, how amazing! Does that mean you don't have much to buy this time or are seasons very different? Whatever sex this baby is for us, we'll be buying new clothes as June will be so different from October clothing and bedding wise!

How can you find out so early! ? So cool! Congrats!

Thanks so much girls! I did a detailed chromosomal testing called panorama. It screens for practically every possible chromosomal abnormality and it also gives u the option of finding out the sex. It's 100%accurate. Screens for all the trisomies, patauds syndrome, crie du chat, digeorges etc...

Wow congratulations Laila!! And wow that is so early to find out, how amazing! Does that mean you don't have much to buy this time or are seasons very different? Whatever sex this baby is for us, we'll be buying new clothes as June will be so different from October clothing and bedding wise!

I think I'm all set! Both girls were summer babies as this one so clothes should be plenty and fine :) I will buy her a few new pieces just so she has her own but it should be ok. Bedding will be new and ofcourse nursery xx

Congratulations! I can't wait to get my testing done...I decided to wait till the 23rd appointment to get it all done at once, so I'll know by December! :)

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about that test? (we're being offered it as well)

-- How much did you pay?

-- How long did it take to get back?

-- Does it come back with a TON of results? Like an overwhelming TON?

I work in medical research and I've read about full gnome studies from DNA, which would come back with every single chromosomal possibility that exists. This would be very overwhelming. Very. Almost every single human being has predispositions to SOME things that can be found through DNA testing, 90 percent (of very healthy people) would have multiples.

Did it tell you things like that, or just rule out the scary stuff?

Thanks! And Congrats of course!!!

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about that test? (we're being offered it as well)

-- How much did you pay?

-- How long did it take to get back?

-- Does it come back with a TON of results? Like an overwhelming TON?

I work in medical research and I've read about full gnome studies from DNA, which would come back with every single chromosomal possibility that exists. This would be very overwhelming. Very. Almost every single human being has predispositions to SOME things that can be found through DNA testing, 90 percent (of very healthy people) would have

multiples.

Did it tell you things like that, or just rule out the scary stuff?

Thanks! And Congrats of course!!!

We paid 850$ for the advanced panorama screening which included digeorges and some other syndromes I can't quite remember. It was overwhelming when they went over the list of what it tested for there were so many ! It made me so scared that something would come up. However after 10 days my Dr called and simply told me I'm low risk, all is well and that baby is a girl :) so no detailed report as I wouldn't understand it anyway. Hope this helped! I'm very glad we did it! Very happy to have ruled out the trisomies as well xx

Wow that test sounds very informational! We weren't offered that from our doctor.

Congrats!!
And crazy you found out so early. I'm almost 17 weeks and still waiting to find out ^^.

Congratulations!

I had the Panorama done as well at my doctor's office and received a call directly from GenPath. The lab that does the test. The results were a bit more detailed as she went over a few extra things. It was nice to learn that genetically the likelihood of any of my babies ever having issues is extremely low.

The biggest difference with my experience though is that my insurance covered the entire test. I think it must depend on where you are and what your insurance covers:)

Congratulations!

I had the Panorama done as well at my doctor's office and received a call directly from GenPath. The lab that does the test. The results were a bit more detailed as she went over a few extra things. It was nice to learn that genetically the likelihood of any of my babies ever having issues is extremely low.

The biggest difference with my experience though is that my insurance covered the entire test. I think it must depend on where you are and what your insurance covers:)

Yup same here insurance covered it. However I would have done it anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->