I'm having serious potty attitude issues

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
Ella has been fully dry for about 7 months now. Up until last week I kept her potty in the front room but I decided as she's starting nursery soon I'd move it upstairs so she gets used to potty being 'private time'.

All was going ok but the last couple of days she's become obsessed with pooing. She announces to whoever's in the front room that she's going for a poo, it's normally when I'm in the middle of doing something. Today I was on the phone to my nan and she stood on the stairs and was shouting repeatedly, 'I'm going for a dump. I'm going for a dump'. She'll march upstairs and spend 20-30 minutes straining out a tiny piece to prove she's done it.

Now whilst I'm happy that she's using her potty, I'm getting a little tired of 10 trips up and down the stairs a day to a miniscule piece of poo. Before I moved her potty she did one normal sized one a day. I'm worried she's straining too much yet I'm not sure telling her off for having a poo is the right way to go about it. Also I'm worried about her attitude about opening announcing it to anyone and everyone. Any ideas on what I can say that a 3 year old will understand?

i agree that telling her off for going to the loo is not the way to go, i would think once the novelty wears off she will go back to regular potty habits.
how about seeing if she wants to use the toilet you could buy her a pretty padded toilet seat to make it less scary and a step stool, at 3 she may like the idea of being a big girl :)
then if she goes 10 times a day atleast you dont need to empty the potty each time :)

Yup - at three, she is maybe ready for a toilet seat. It might be exciting enough for her that she doesnt feel the need to bring attention to the fact that she is going for a poo. Little ones dont know what they are saying is a touch inappropriate - and its definately something that will pass when the novelty has worn off x

Yes its just the novelty cause shes proud of what shes doing, it will pass its just one of those stages of toddlerhood x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->