Im leaking..?

augustbaby09

Reaction score
Iam almost 24 wks and im not sure but ive got my nightdress on (no bra) and there was slight wet patch. Is it possible that ive leaked slightly (its right boob) Is this normal now or not.Iam panicking.. - Im sure there many topics on this before so sorry!!:cry:

Don't panic...I have heard that you can produce colustrum(sp?) fairly early. I assume someone else has had this occur...

Your milk ducts etc. are all fully formed from 16 weeks onwards, we just normally don't get the reflex muscular action that lets the milk out until a bit closer to the end of pregnancy but then everyone is different. My DH is most amused by stories on blokes pregnancy websites about women whose boobs leak milk during sex/ foreplay and he can't wait for it to happen to me.
Don't know exactly when it's 'normal' for this to happen though.

Its my first baby so ive never had this before - Ive searched on website and someone sayid they had this from early on. So iam guessing its nothing to worry about...

I just worry and think because iam 23 wks 4 days and ive noticed this it could mean my baby will come too early :(

Hey,

I had this yesterday and its normal :) even rang my mum in a panic and she said she had it with all of us from 16 weeks.

Iam feeling bit more calm now - i noticed it few weeks ago and thought it was maybe a bit of a drink however ive not had anything to drink just now and suddenly saw a small patch - I guess its nice to know my boobs are producing but i hope it wont give me too many problems before baby is here lol x

Thank yoouuu

I don't think that your milk coming in early has much to do with when your baby will come, from what I've read it's the other way around - your real milk doesn't come in until after the placenta is delivered and is triggered by hormone levels after the birth.

Just get some breast pads to carry round with you incase it happens while you're out and about!

I started leaking from about 22 weeks and its always in the right breast, It happens alot when i eat spicy food too lol

Your milk can come in quite early. I was surprised to find that after my miscarriage at 17 weeks, my milk came in and I leaked for almost two weeks. It's definitely not something that I would worry about. Just get some breast pads to soak it up. :)

I started leaking at around 17 weeks :/ a lot more now, when it gets cold or when Im laying in bed it just leaks, I just wear a leak pad :)

I started leaking fairly early with my first and im already leaking colostrum a tiny bit if I give a little squeeze. My memories with my first include waking up with 2 huge wet circles on my nightie over both my boobs.. not the best look. ;)

Sounds normal, don't worry :)

ah no worry there honey i always get it i went out with 3 different tops on the other day and a padded bra i guess soon i will need pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->