I'm loving Maternity Leave!!!

SparkleUK

Reaction score
First time in my life I haven't not worked! I think longest I have ever had off is 2 weeks holiday so I'm enjoying my maternity leave so much!
On 4 weeks holiday so far then mat leave starts on my due date May 26th, I have lovely jobs still to do like set steriliser up and wash my cot blankets and sheets in baby fabric conditioner to make them soft!
I'm so excited but also relishing my time off work!
Not long now girls xxx:kiss:

Sounds great! I still have another 5 and half weeks, wahhhhh! I'm the same as you, worked non-stop really, including summer, weekend and evening jobs when I was a teenager / at uni. Can't wait for maternity leave and sure I'll find loads to do! I know I won't get bored.

I also have 3 weeks holidays before starting my mat leave the week before my due date. Am a little bored, but have been busying myself this week with cleaning, washing nappies & our furniture delivery arrives tomorrow, so we can get the room finished over the weekend!

Has been great not having to commute & am less tired now that I have time to rest & not do much!

Aw when do you start your leave??
Not long now my last 4 weeks at work flew by as I started to feel really weird about not having responsibility in my life, but on the day I practically ran out the door! It was lovely!
Strange getting used to but just trying to enjoy time alone before my little cherub arrives!!! X

This is my third day on mat leave... Ive worked since I was 13 years old and I'm so bored....

I haven't packed a bag or washed most of baby's things or anything yet but I am so bored :(

I also have 3 weeks holidays before starting my mat leave the week before my due date. Am a little bored, but have been busying myself this week with cleaning, washing nappies & our furniture delivery arrives tomorrow, so we can get the room finished over the weekend!

Has been great not having to commute & am less tired now that I have time to rest & not do much!

Oh I have my furniture arriving a week before Edd!!!
I can't wait for it to arrive as the nursery looks unfinished!
Also will give me something else to do! X

This is my third day on mat leave... Ive worked since I was 13 years old and I'm so bored....

I haven't packed a bag or washed most of baby's things or anything yet but I am so bored :(

Awwww get washing and embracing!! Ha ha I know what you mean I'm glad the weather has been nice this week, so if been gardening also! I wouldn't even say I'm nesting as I'm always an OCD cleaner I just never have time!

It's just nice to take 4 hours to wash bedding if I want to!! X

enjoy your free time! i remember being very bored last time! i think i will be busy this time as i have my toddler to keep me occupied, lol.

its nice to get the house in order before the birth, that way your wont feel guilty when it doesnt get cleaned for a bit once the baby arrives.

i highly recommend making some meals in advance and freezing them. its amazing to have a proper dinner (not ready meal/takeaway) when you are knackered with a newborn. Im definately going to do it again this time. i think I did 3 weeks worth of meals last time.

have fun.

I've just started mine, but it hasn't been very relaxed so far!

We have a lot of work going on in our house so today for example there are about 6 workmen in - its exciting that our home improvements are coming on, but it's really hard having to share the house with tradesmen, all the noise and the mess, and I feel guilty for sitting down, so I'm trying to find things to do around the house, which is very difficult when they're constantly messing it up!;)

Want to do things like my yoga DVD and have a nice bath, but impossible! At least I'll have a nice new kitchen etc by the end of it!!

I've been on mat leave for 2 weeks now, and it was the best feeling ever walking out of work for the last time for a whole year!

I've kept myself busy over the past 2 weeks getting everything ready, but now I've run out if things to do and I'm bored! Feel like all I do is sit around waiting for baby to come! However, no matter how bored I am I'd much rather be here than at work!

It s been my first day today! It was lovely not to wake up to my alarm after a sleep broken with heartburn or toilet trips :) I've done some washing, been for a walk, tidied the kitchen and I've been more motivated than I am on weekends as there is no pressure to do as much in a smaller time space. I'm sure I will get bored soon and as my partner works shifts (and sleeps a lot when not in work) I'm going to stay with my parents mid week so I have company, day one great! Xx

I've been on mat leave for 2 weeks now, and it was the best feeling ever walking out of work for the last time for a whole year!

I've kept myself busy over the past 2 weeks getting everything ready, but now I've run out if things to do and I'm bored! Feel like all I do is sit around waiting for baby to come! However, no matter how bored I am I'd much rather be here than at work!

Yes I only have enough jobs to last me about 2 weeks! So the other 2 weeks (and more if baby is late) will be a bit more boring!!! X

It s been my first day today! It was lovely not to wake up to my alarm after a sleep broken with heartburn or toilet trips :) I've done some washing, been for a walk, tidied the kitchen and I've been more motivated than I am on weekends as there is no pressure to do as much in a smaller time space. I'm sure I will get bored soon and as my partner works shifts (and sleeps a lot when not in work) I'm going to stay with my parents mid week so I have company, day one great! Xx

Yeah that's what I feel like! I'm enjoying not having timescales because I'm back at work the next day! I get up at 4:45 for work and the lie ins have been amazing! Just so un stressed!!!
Enjoy the rest of your leave! X

Yeah that's what I feel like! I'm enjoying not having timescales because I'm back at work the next day! I get up at 4:45 for work and the lie ins have been amazing! Just so un stressed!!!
Enjoy the rest of your leave! X

Just spent half hour digging out a corn, been needing to do that for months! Enjoy the rest of your leave too, looks like we are due pretty close together. Is this your first? It's my first and I'm preparing mentally for going overdue :( xx

I started my mat leave this week - i hate the place where i work so couldnt wait to get the fudge out!!

Am now trying to pack to move house in between a zillion hospital appointments (well it feels like lots :winkwink:)

Cant wait to do nothing!!

x

I started my mat leave this week - i hate the place where i work so couldnt wait to get the fudge out!!

Am now trying to pack to move house in between a zillion hospital appointments (well it feels like lots :winkwink:)

Cant wait to do nothing!!

x

Oh no move house?! You don't do things by halves!!!! X

Enjoy the rest of your leave! X[/

Just spent half hour digging out a corn, been needing to do that for months! Enjoy the rest of your leave too, looks like we are due pretty close together. Is this your first? It's my first and I'm preparing mentally for going overdue :( xx

Yes I'm due may 26th but not pinning my hopes on it! I haven't got to the 'fed up' stage yet but I'm sure I will!
It's our first yes! Can't wait to have her here!
I'm told depending on your cycles depends if you go over or not as your Edd is based on a 28 day cycle, but my mother always had 32 day cycles and so went over by 16 days, my mil had short 23 day cycles and gave birth to all her children aprox 6 weeks early! So I'm hoping to be on time or early as my cycles are shortish although this could all be rubbish!!!
X

Snap, I'm loving it :) been off a wk now and haven't had a minute. Key is to keep busy and enjoy it :) I've worked from 16, now 35 and longest had off was 4wks for honeymoon, otherwise 2wks. I've been catching up wiv family, friends, housework, shopping. Going soon for lunch with sister then take my 2 neices swimming :) x

I wish I lived in the same country as my family, then I would have a lot more to do! Having a very boring day today waiting for the baby's furniture to be delivered, haven't even had a shower yet as I have no idea when they are arriving & knowing my luck they will knock on the door as I am mid-way through washing my hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->